Peterhead boss looking to make history

OceanRain

"I've told my players, whatever you do, don't let these ninety minutes pass you by. It's not about damage limitation. Go out and express yourself. Enjoy yourself. You're playing against a team that's under a lot of pressure and that also has a massive cup semi-final coming up.

Psychologically, we've not had an edge for a few weeks. That edge will back back on Sunday if Rangers have possibly lost theirs. Regardless of what they will say, I would say 99% won't be as motivated as we will be on Sunday, and we have got to use that to our advantage. We've got to be in their face, tackling hard. We need to put on a good show.

They won the league through the week. I'd hope they've been out enjoying themselves. I'll be surpised if they've not been out enjoying themselves. Already a lot of their focus is on the Scottish cup semi-final against Celtic, but they're going into a cup final this Sunday for a trophy they've not won in four seasons, which is probably pretty embarrassing for them. So, they know they're playing in a game that they really ought to win, but are they going to be totally focussed on it? That's what I'm not so sure about. That's what we've got to take advantage of and that's what I'll be drumming into my players - that if Rangers are not in it at all, then we have to be. Then there's every chance that we could surprise them."

- Jim McInally

http://www.northsound1.com/localnews/listen-blue-toon-boss-looking-to-make-history/#

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that.Talking his team up and trying to instill a belief in them.Its their biggest day ever so we need to be matching their desire.

He is right about it being embarrassing for us if you look back at the RR final and the Alloa capitulation. 

Fair enough, he's every right to try the mind games, and he could even be right about some players having one eye on the game the following week, but it's a lost cause imo as Warburton and the squad will be hungry for more success after tasting it on Tuesday. 

I noticed their fans on the Facebook event page calling us sevco and how it's ridiculous sevco haven't won this cup yet etc

I also remember after we beat them 1-0, their manager out saying Rangers fans were embarrassing for celebrating the way they did as it was only 1-0. 

I hope we pump them about 7-0

a good wee team Peterhead,and their manager is

just having a good team talk,i just hope our manager

can do the same and we can win the game .GBTGR.:pipe:            

They already made their own little bit of history just by getting to this final which will be their largest ever pay day by a long way.  They won all they could have hoped for when it happened to be Rangers in the final with them.  THAT'S their cup win and the chances are it will be a bigger cheque than their entire gate money for a whole season or even two.

What would they opt for given the choice?  A final against Montrose they would be favourites to win?  Or a big pay day against Rangers in which their chances of winning are remote and the chances of a thrashing good but a fat cheque guaranteed? 

I started off reading that thinking "Fair play" then felt he was being a bit of a dick.

If we do take our eye of the ball these guys will beat us, that's not in doubt.

We need to be first to every tackle, if they are thinking about not getting injured for the game against the tims then we won't win it.

Hopefully we take around 7 off them though as he's a bitter prick.