Where is the most bizarre place you have watched a Rangers game from?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

The Prince  William Pub Ironically in  Palma Nova.....Gazza had just signed but was injured Or a Sub and was goin mental on the touchline.....Cant mind the opposition it  Was  a Euro qualifier......Farmagusta? 

Great wee pub :21:(tu)

2 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Exactly. Iv watched a couple abroad, or down south. 

Guidance teacher let us watch a game in school circa 1999 valencia game. i guess it was an afternoo  kick off unless i dreamt it.

But i was in bath and annoyed that tv wasnt showing killie game. checked this forum and next thing my ten min bath was about an hour and 20 min long watching Periscope game. Refusing to move in case I lost signal and topping up water 

the Parma game in school was one of mine.

Oh and Daniel Prodans only game for us against Ardeer Thistle at their tiny little ground too

On exercise up in Barry Budden training camp lying in a hole in the ground, I watched the old firm cup final game in 99 I think it was on my Sony watchman TV!!,nearly got a kick in the head from my troop sergeant when wee rod Wallace scored and I let out a roar!!!??none off your new fangled iPhones or periscope back in those days!!!....?????????

27 minutes ago, the sliver fox said:

Kabul, usually watch most games if I can get a decent feed going

Is that pub still there that the ex pats go to? I cant remember the name but it had flags from various countries hanging from the walls. Great little pub it was.

v Killie in Stout bar (I think that was the name) under the Empire State Building in NY with my son & two very CIA/FBI looking guys passing through from Wahington. Bet them $20 team in blue would win but was at the game day before I flew out. So at the finish told them and we all had a good laugh and we flew normal flight home and not a rendition flight via Prestwick:belm:

Right here in the thick of the US bible belt Oklahoma surrounded by religious nutcases, (sounds a bit like Glasgow in that respect)  trying to explain offside to people who think that a game they call football in which a foot rarely touches the ball is the greatest sport in the world despite the fact it takes around 4 hours to play and actually features only around 11 minutes of action.

When I call it boring they say things like you have to look at it as like a chess match with live pieces and I simply say yeah well watching chess is boring too.

2 hours ago, Bluebrows said:

UEFA cup final, Manchester, watched it from outside a pub through the window as it was too mobbed to get in anywhere. This happened because the helmets didn't turn the screen on at Piccadilly square after I had stood there for 10 hours making sure I had a prime spot. Still to this day have only seen 20 mins of that game. Fuckers!

Same night, I had gave up trying to find it in the pubs so walking back to the buses few of us spotted it in a living room window. The couple were laughing away but turned it over at 9 for the apprentice.

The last old firm game, I had went to Eindhoven the night before with 5 of my mates thinking I would get back in time to watch the game the next day, the night turned into a bit of a mad one was still in the some strip club at like 7am.

So me and two other mates (1 Rangers fan, 1 sheepshagger) ended up watching the game in the house of some random Dutch students we had met that night, the game didn't exactly endear them to us after me telling them how amazing Rangers were and they had to sit through 90 minutes of McCoist's/McDowell's dross.

Seen games from everywhere from wee restaurants in wee villages in Japan to bars in north Carolina where we started watching in this bar called Woody's with the North Carolina RSC and by the end of the first season there was Americans that had seen us in the pub and were Rangers fans by the end of the year, to random family pubs in Germany etc.

We are world famous and that's no exaggeration, you walk thru a village in Tibet or Lebanon or Alaska with a Rangers shirt and it will get recognized

Not strictly a watching answer but I once listened the TVs commentary to an old firm game from a Regis managed office in Reston just outside Washington, D.C. With my brother holding the phone to the tv. 1996! Company phone! 

Right in the middle of around 80,000 tarriers at the old piggery on 1st April, 1989, when we won 2-1. Was the most freaky surreal game watching Rangers in my entire life. Ran for my life with my Rangers scarf hanging out of my jacket pocket after I told the tarriers outside the ground that Joe Miller missed a penalty with 5 minutes to go.

Weirdly, all I could think of was the Billy Connolly gag about shitting in the shoes :lol::pipe: