Fall of the house of David Murray

Virtuoso

26 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

He didn't get a single fucking who he was selling up to. Whyte was his last chopper out of Saigon.

The man is a despicable cunt. He's now claiming he only ever had Rangers best interests at heart? Away and shite.

I agree 100%. The most important thing was that the buyer would find a way to pay off that £18m overdraft that he was personally exposed to. Nothing else mattered.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who believes SDM did not know all about the shit storm that was coming our way, in the the form of the big tax case, or that he had to have known Whyte did not have the money he professed to have, is sadly delusional.

I have a large bridge over Sydney harbour which I am willing to reluctantly part with for the knock down price of $100.00.

Some stupid cunts can't see the forest for the trees.

1.  Story in the OP published by the Daily Courageous on 7th April.

2. Liquidation douments have been available since they were filed on March 23rd.

3. DAILY Courageous publishes oNE day before revelations but Dermot Desmond being linked to tax fraud ViA the Panama Papers.

4. Oh aye and an semi final coming up.

Coincidence? 

Tarrier fukking rag and yet bears still give them money

Ps ave been drinking.

Don't expect this to be popular but I don't wish SDM any harm.  Yes his profligate spending caused us problems but the debt  was under control and being reduced year on year. Yes he sold us at the banks insistence to CW and we all know what happened.

But his money brought in Gazza, Laudrup and many many more.  He was chasing the dream for us and we reached the last 4 of the CL only to go out to to Marseille who it was proved bribed referees. His money paid for Auchenhowie, the top deck, DA and the Dutch revolution, and made us a force in Europe, who would've castigated him during those years for that?

Ibrox was packed, the fans rolled up, season tickets were at a premium all thanks to his ownership, who complained then that we spent too much, I know I didn't and I don't remember many complaints from the support. Hindsight is wonderful but it is exactly that, looking back now it isn't good but it was great at the time.

1 hour ago, BallochBear said:

Don't expect this to be popular but I don't wish SDM any harm.  Yes his profligate spending caused us problems but the debt  was under control and being reduced year on year. Yes he sold us at the banks insistence to CW and we all know what happened.

But his money brought in Gazza, Laudrup and many many more.  He was chasing the dream for us and we reached the last 4 of the CL only to go out to to Marseille who it was proved bribed referees. His money paid for Auchenhowie, the top deck, DA and the Dutch revolution, and made us a force in Europe, who would've castigated him during those years for that?

Ibrox was packed, the fans rolled up, season tickets were at a premium all thanks to his ownership, who complained then that we spent too much, I know I didn't and I don't remember many complaints from the support. Hindsight is wonderful but it is exactly that, looking back now it isn't good but it was great at the time.

Mate it was his responsibility to ensure that the spending is done in a manner that does not put the club at risk.   I never complained at the time however had I been told (or given an option) that the spending would contribute to the consequences we faced I (and I am sure many others) would never have stopped complaining.  We could have enjoyed good/great times over those years without being ran in the manner we were. In addition to benefiting from Premium priced tickets, full houses for CL games Murray benefited from outsourcing profitable parts of Rangers to other strands of his business, brought in significant investment from others (King and Lewis would tell you about that) and ran up outrageous debt so its debatable how much he actually spent.  

As for handing us over to Whyte that act alone was utterly despicable and put the very existence of the club at risk, its just not forgivable and shouldn't be.  I am honestly bewildered that anyone can still think of Murray with any positivity for this act alone - Whyte was just a crook and a vulture, there are many others like him out there, Murray was the one that allowed us into his hands.  Duped?  Insult to injury that shite.

Having said all of that I believe it was HMRC's relentless pursuit of Murray that cost us most of all - why they went after him so aggressively and if he brought that upon himself and us I do not know.

20 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Murray wide open for criticism but very harsh to compare him to people who got involve with Rangers purely to rape the club.

I didn't compare him to them, I said he was responsible for what happened.  Not only did he mismanage the club financially, he disposed of the club into the hands of spivs. The club could of ceased to exist through his actions.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Prefer Glasgow Rangers Center for Excellence 

Be excellent if you could get the name of the club you support right.

I think Auchenhowie is a great name. According to it's Wiki the training centre was 'formally Murray Park'.  So has it been changed?

Let's not forget that the real evil here lies at the door of HMRC. Without their unprecedented, bigotry-driven campaign to sink our club, none of this ever would have happened. Just read what the VB have uncovered on their employees.

Dozens of chairmen sanctioned the use use of EBTs for years on the basis that their highly paid legal teams said they were above board. How many of them were relentlessly and publically hounded by the taxman? How many of their teams were relegated to the bottom division and threatened to have their titles stripped? How many of their teams are now the victim of a smear campaign from our national broadcaster?

For me personally, getting us to hate Murray is part of their plan. They want us to believe Rangers have done something wrong - that we deserved to be punished. Frankly, I can't see anything we done that wasn't an exact parallel of the actions of dozens of other clubs. I don't think we deserve a single punishment, and the last four years has been a horrific miscarriage of justice.

So while I won't tell anyone Murray is a saint or that they should think anything positive about him whatsoever, I don't personally have any hatred left to give him because I used it up on the HMRC staff who carried out a personal vendetta against us, the MSPs who used us for political point scoring and the media who still print lies about us everyday.

Without them, would Craig Whyte ever have owned Rangers?

9 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

Let's not forget that the real evil here lies at the door of HMRC. Without their unprecedented, bigotry-driven campaign to sink our club, none of this ever would have happened. Just read what the VB have uncovered on their employees.

Dozens of chairmen sanctioned the use use of EBTs for years on the basis that their highly paid legal teams said they were above board. How many of them were relentlessly and publically hounded by the taxman? How many of their teams were relegated to the bottom division and threatened to have their titles stripped? How many of their teams are now the victim of a smear campaign from our national broadcaster?

For me personally, getting us to hate Murray is part of their plan. They want us to believe Rangers have done something wrong - that we deserved to be punished. Frankly, I can't see anything we done that wasn't an exact parallel of the actions of dozens of other clubs. I don't think we deserve a single punishment, and the last four years has been a horrific miscarriage of justice.

So while I won't tell anyone Murray is a saint or that they should think anything positive about him whatsoever, I don't personally have any hatred left to give him because I used it up on the HMRC staff who carried out a personal vendetta against us, the MSPs who used us for political point scoring and the media who still print lies about us everyday.

Without them, would Craig Whyte ever have owned Rangers?

Absolutely, them and the likes of the RTC, certain bloggers ect, where plenty of lies about us and our situation were lifted from, and then published by the said media as truth done us a lot of damage. Anyone who thinks different doesn't really understand what just happened to us, especially from when Murray was trying to sell us, and part of the reason why Whyte was able to get his grubby little hands on us.

That's also why I can never understand Bears who says ignore the lies being spouted, don't give them the publicity. These cunts will do it anyway, and it got to the stage where any old shite and lies was being thrown out, and they knew they wouldn't be challenged.

Oh and Spiers, how to like them apples!!

7 hours ago, Briton said:

Be excellent if you could get the name of the club you support right.

I think Auchenhowie is a great name. According to it's Wiki the training centre was 'formally Murray Park'.  So has it been changed?

Official club website still refers to the academy grounds as Murray Park.  

Glasgow Rangers champions, oooo........