Ally Mccoist it's time to forgive or at least forget

MacBoyd

I know this has been done many times but I've been angered by what I've read on this. As a 24 year old I don't really remember Ally as a Rangers player but he has the best scoring record in our history and played in the most successful team in our history. As a manager terrible. He also did take alot of money and I understand people's anger there as I feel it too, but he was entitled to it and many would have done the same.

Having met ally once and watched him alot on tv he seems like a very nice guy and a great ambassador for Rangers. I think we all wish he didn't take the managers job but say we had a foreigner who deserted with the scum naismith etc where would be? We should be thankful for that.

Ally is in his 50s now and I think it's devastating to see one of our all time greats get so much stick. I don't want him on the pitch against alloa but I'd love to see him in the stands...and at many games in the future.

Let's move on. We are the people.

Sorry to say it macboyd,  but your making a rod for your own back with this one.  There are some fans that choose to remember the good times as a player and won't allow his recent history to sully his legendary status,  while there are others that cannot see past his recent history.  And never the twain shall meet.  I sit firmly in the former group of fan but I cannot have a go at the other group for their feelings. 

It's too soon to draw a line under it,  and we still don't fully know what the situation involved,  eventually we will and it will be then we can have this discussion. 

14 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I know this has been done many times but I've been angered by what I've read on this. As a 24 year old I don't really remember Ally as a Rangers player but he has the best scoring record in our history and played in the most successful team in our history. As a manager terrible. He also did take alot of money and I understand people's anger there as I feel it too, but he was entitled to it and many would have done the same.

Having met ally once and watched him alot on tv he seems like a very nice guy and a great ambassador for Rangers. I think we all wish he didn't take the managers job but say we had a foreigner who deserted with the scum naismith etc where would be? We should be thankful for that.

Ally is in his 50s now and I think it's devastating to see one of our all time greats get so much stick. I don't want him on the pitch against alloa but I'd love to see him in the stands...and at many games in the future.

Let's move on. We are the people.

How can we 'move on' if there's a new thread about him every other day?

No reason why he can't be in the stands supporting the team he has plenty of money to buy a ticket or maybe just maybe he  realises that he's fucked up by being a greedy bastard and is embarrassed by his actions :pipe::pipe::pipe:

His record as a player should be irrelevant when it comes to judging later actions.  Or are you saying that it would be okay to slag him if he was an average player?  By the same token; how far can a Rangers great go with their behaviour before the protection you grant them because of their exploits on the pitch wears off?  

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Well your parents didn't do their job properly did they. 

Now sit doon, it's a bore fest

He's just some cunt that use to do Question of Sport and then fucked the football team that I love. 

Forget I am trying very hard to do so. Forgive like fuck the man raped us for millions, Gave us some of the most turgid football we will ever see. He could have helped himself buy handing back the money he took on gardening leave when the new board got in but did he fuck. Could have handed his million penny shares over to either of the fans groups RST or RF did he fuck. He only decided to end his contract early because he had a job offer from BT sport. We are never going to be able to forget with daily threads about the greedy one though are we.