Bitterness remains

Jonok

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36025815

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith believes a sense of bitterness about the way the club was treated remains as they gear up for Premiership football.

Smith maintains there was "no reason" for Rangers to have to re-enter the league in the lowest tier.

"It'll be a motivation for Rangers. It would certainly be a motivation for me," said Smith.

He also believes the Ibrox board "have to find a way" to back manager Mark Warburton to compete in the top flight.

With the club mired in debt, Rangers entered administration and then liquidation in 2012 and had to re-enter the Scottish football pyramid in the fourth tier.

Smith feels Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic will not be an accurate gauge of how Rangers will fare next season and accepts Celtic are "the favoured team".

However, the former Rangers boss believes Warburton's men go into the tie in a "far more optimistic frame of mind than last season".

More to follow.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jonok said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36025815

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith believes a sense of bitterness about the way the club was treated remains as they gear up for Premiership football.

Smith maintains there was "no reason" for Rangers to have to re-enter the league in the lowest tier.

"It'll be a motivation for Rangers. It would certainly be a motivation for me," said Smith.

He also believes the Ibrox board "have to find a way" to back manager Mark Warburton to compete in the top flight.

With the club mired in debt, Rangers entered administration and then liquidation in 2012 and had to re-enter the Scottish football pyramid in the fourth tier.

Smith feels Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic will not be an accurate gauge of how Rangers will fare next season and accepts Celtic are "the favoured team".

However, the former Rangers boss believes Warburton's men go into the tie in a "far more optimistic frame of mind than last season".

More to follow.

See the BBC are still sniping!!! 

BBc = Bitter Biased C****!!!!

Never Forgive Never Forget

4 minutes ago, only14me said:

"Mired in debt" FFS, take away the BTC and we had a debt which was more than manageable for a Club our size and much less than many other clubs with a similar staffing level.

The chunts can't help themselves. 

Take away the BTC and we were solvent. End of story.

A crime was literally committed against us and a lot of us have been saying this for 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Jonok said:

Honestly believe MW when he says it just another game for him. Actually wish Sir Walter was in the dressing room for this one. Really cannot see this team getting "Battle Fever On" apart from AH,KM and Captain LW. We will back them all the way win,lose or draw and extra time and even penalties.

Walter Smith is right, dropping four divisions was all out of proportion. I mean Juventus were dropped only one tier for match fixing!

It was all to do with the separation of SPL and SFL, if they had been one body, as they are today, Rangers may well have started one league lower.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm going to disagree with Smith on this. Previous "punishments" to Livi and Gretna saw both sides demoted to Division Three. If we weren't going to be in the top flight it had to be the bottom.

The difference for me is the police inquiry into the takeover and subsequent admin event.

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

Walter Smith is right, dropping four divisions was all out of proportion. I mean Juventus were dropped only one tier for match fixing!

It was all to do with the separation of SPL and SFL, if they had been one body, as they are today, Rangers may well have started one league lower.

Not a chance , when all the tarriers involved in all the other clubs seen the chance to stick the knife in they grabbed it.

It would never have happened to the biggest club in any of the other Euro countries , there was a bigoted catholic agenda thats how it happened nothing else.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm going to disagree with Smith on this. Previous "punishments" to Livi and Gretna saw both sides demoted to Division Three. If we weren't going to be in the top flight it had to be the bottom.

Jesus Dude .Can you not give it a rest for just one day ?? Do you ever agree with anyone :lol:

Just now, Jonok said:

The difference for me is the police inquiry into the takeover and subsequent admin event.

Nevermind that shit, the fucken BDO said we were due nearly 30 million quid from various sources. Out debt minus the BTC was far less than 30 million.

Then take into consideration the crooked cunts at the club for 3 years.

4 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

No chance .If it were what we have today .We wouldn't be in the leagues is my guess .It was the Sfl that backed us . They have now been conveniently eaten up . Now we just have the cabal

smith is wrong, we should have dropped more than 4 divisions, we should have told the sfa to feck off and sought to join the lowest English league.

failing that we should have announced a season of friendlies and filled our stadia for each match

no RFC meant no tv deal which meant the whole of Scottish football going down the pan

we should have called their bluff

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jesus Dude .Can you not give it a rest for just one day ?? Do you ever agree with anyone :lol:

I agree with people all the time. I just don't feel the need to post my agreement with something. 

At the time both Livi and Gretna were demoted to D3 for breaching insolvency rules (neither club's parent company had entered liquidation at the time). It was demotion which killed off Gretna after the administrators pulled the plug.

We're we expecting preferential treatment?

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

IIRC didn't we all want to go down to Div 3?

They wanted us in Div 1 so they could hit us with sanctions,transfer embargoes the lot. Effectively crippling us to allow the tarriers a free run at everything,which they would have still made a complete arse of :lol: 

Not all of us did...

Just now, thehost said:

smith is wrong, we should have dropped more than 4 divisions, we should have told the sfa to feck off and sought to join the lowest English league.

failing that we should have announced a season of friendlies and filled our stadia for each match

no RFC meant no tv deal which meant the whole of Scottish football going down the pan

we should have called their bluff

Without a league membership we'd have been unable to play friendlies. We should have made moves towards England, even if to force others hand, and some said such at the time only to be shot down.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I agree with people all the time. I just don't feel the need to post my agreement with something. 

At the time both Livi and Gretna were demoted to D3 for breaching insolvency rules (neither club's parent company had entered liquidation at the time). It was demotion which killed off Gretna after the administrators pulled the plug.

We're we expecting preferential treatment?

Fuck off  , you are getting worse on here , fuckin joke stuff you are just takin the piss on here 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off  , you are getting worse on here , fuckin joke stuff you are just takin the piss on here 

So what part is wrong? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204561/Rescued-Livingston-demoted-division-breach-insolvency-rules.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/may/29/gretna