Harry Forrester ruled out of Old Firm

Gaz52

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Zelalem starts, we've lost at least one battle before a ball is even kicked.

No offence to the boy, but when he returns to make a name for himself at Arsenal, he won't face players who's selling points are hitting players hard early on or staring at their opponents in the tunnel before kick-off.

20 hours ago, cushynumber said:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/video-forrester-presser/

2mins 5secs - "yes its fine, fine totally fine".

is it just me being paranoid though, or does his body language change when answering that question? he seems to start getting all fidgety....

I knew the wee guy was hiding something. Thats a blow that he is out. Any team is going to miss their top scorer in Waghorn and a guy who is absolutely buzzing at the moment with Forrester. 4 of our 6 normal forwards are either cup tied or injured and Miller isn't going to go 90 minutes. Even if Waghorn was back - no matches in 2 months means that - with the best will in the world - he is going to have little impact.

With our defence I felt we would have to score 3 to win this match - and I thought that was doable even with Waghorn out. Now forrester is out i wonder where the goals will come from. Maybe do a Dundee and have Holt, Wallace and Halliday on the score sheet?

The tims are not a big physical team, they've got Brown who won't shy out of a tackle but he's hardly made of steel, he's a wee clown. Biton, Johansen, Roberts, Commons.. Whoever their midfielders are, they're not big Martin O'Neil type bruisers. The game will be physical but it's not like we're miles behind them, especially with big Ball in defensive mid, the boy knows how to tackle 

Are we a one man team now?

Can't understand the hysterical panic to this. Whether we bring in Clark or Shiels, or whoever, it doesn't dramatically weaken our team. Unless we follow some of the advice on here and play 3-4 players out of their accustomed positions this season.

After just 3 appearances into Forrester' Rangers career people on here were unsure about him, now he's injured 'we've got no chance'. Last season people on here were adamant Clark should have been starting every game, now 'he is mince'.

Wonder how good or bad we'll be tomorrow. :rolleyes: Give the drama queen antics a rest ffs.

15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I knew the wee guy was hiding something. Thats a blow that he is out. Any team is going to miss their top scorer in Waghorn and a guy who is absolutely buzzing at the moment with Forrester. 4 of our 6 normal forwards are either cup tied or injured and Miller isn't going to go 90 minutes. Even if Waghorn was back - no matches in 2 months means that - with the best will in the world - he is going to have little impact.

With our defence I felt we would have to score 3 to win this match - and I thought that was doable even with Waghorn out. Now forrester is out i wonder where the goals will come from. Maybe do a Dundee and have Holt, Wallace and Halliday on the score sheet?

Miller will go 90 minutes. He will give everything!  

11 hours ago, No.12 said:

McKay Miller Holt

Halliday Ball Zelalem

Wallace Kiernan Wilson Tav

Wes

McKay Miller Tav

Halliday holt shields/law

Wallace Kiernan Wilson Ball

Wes

would like to see this team

Of all the teams in the world to get a break it has to be theses utter rheptiles

I would recall Walsh before Clark or Shiels, they have been given so many chances, it's clear they don't have what it takes, they don't merit the opportunity 

Law should play before Clark, Shiels, Zel, he has the ability to take a man on so put him out on the right where Harry would have been.

Cunts, filthy bheastly cunts.

16 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Thing we need to remember is Shiels is a good footballer and a bluenose. The guy will be up for it, let's not write him off too soon 

If we score out of ten, in relation to our squad , Harry is an 8 or 9

Shiels  is a 3 or 4, cost us huge against D.U. in the semi 2 tear ago

Him and Clark are not up to the job

4 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Can't start with him, Law, as much as he is criticised has more skill, better pace.

The problem is Law is not interested :( He obviously has not been offered a new contract and it shows in the pitch. At least Clark tries and gives it his all.

Thank Christ it's MW that picks the team, no one would know what position they were playing in. It's obvious that to compensate for Harry F big Fod needs to go up front, we bring in Little Zee as goalie and make Holt left CB. Like Tav said in his presser,"Obviously It's 100% obvious"

This news is a big blow to our chances.

Before this I had high hopes of beating them, but now, it's going to more of a fight than usual.

To think that our only options are Sheils, Clark and Law is depressing, but you never know, maybe they'll have an outstanding game and we can win through shear determination.

Zelazem and Clark are my least favorites to replace Forrester.

Maybe a surprise spot for a youngster???

If whoever MW picks to replace Forrester goes out and gives it his all, then that is fair enough, won't be many complaints - even if we lose.

But, if they give a half-arsed performance then it could be the difference winning and losing, so MW needs to get this spot on, probably the biggest decision he's made so far as Rangers boss. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even at the time I thought it was a foolhardy decision by MW to play Forrester and McKay ahead of MOH and King Billy. Lets face it we would have won the Peterhead game no matter which of the 4 had started the game.

Very disappointing hopefully that poor decision doesn't affect our chances for Sunday.

8 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even at the time I thought it was a foolhardy decision by MW to play Forrester and McKay ahead of MOH and King Billy. Lets face it we would have won the Peterhead game no matter which of the 4 had started the game.

Very disappointing hopefully that poor decision doesn't affect our chances for Sunday.

I think MW wanted to play the team that would start against celtic so they could get a run out together at hampden. 

3 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

I think MW wanted to play the team that would start against celtic so they could get a run out together at hampden. 

My exact thinking, gutted about Harry but trust in Warburton he will pick our best team on the day, going to be fuckin mental if we go 1-0 up early! no surrender

4 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

I agree with you. I don't agree with MW, that would have been fine if MOH and King Billy had been available as backups for the Celtic game.