Domestic Abusers To Be Removed From Homes Before The Game

FSM

Aye, where will we be a few steps down this road?

'Sorry, sir, you might sing some offensive songs so we'll lock you up for the weekend'?

Sorry, sir, there's an Old Firm match approaching so hand over your laptop to stop you posting offensively'?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about people who might do drugs during the game or priests who might abuse children or women who might batter their husbands or people who might think about playing sectarian tunes, where does it all end?

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist; And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist; And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew; And then . . . they came for me . . .

Way too similar for ANYONE to feel comfortable.

Police must be worried about cuts. No doubt that silly bill helps too. Every cunt want's a piece of the old firm pie. That Nil by Mouth mob are a hoot. I once heard the guy comparing the word fenian to n***er. How can people get paid for being so confused ffs

Thing that pisses me off is its us and the club who's reputation is damaged by this type of bollocks

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I cant believe this to be true. You cant be taken away from your own home on the pretext you might do something. Its not "Minority Report" where the precogs   see a crime being committed in the future and get you arrested.

declan.jpg

Top class haha

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

The Scottish police are an absolute shambles.   This is the same force that recently tweeted that hurtful untruths posted on the internet could see you get a visit from them right?

Moronic fuckwits.   It really is a shame that these fucking morons are in positions of power.

Yeah fuck this country, I'm moving to Syria.

My first thought was actually "Why is this in the Bear's Den ?"

And there lies the truth of it. The basic cause of domestic abuse is not football related. 

Domestic abuse, whether it be sexual, physical or emotional, is amongst the most evil of afflictions still affecting modern society. 

It is a constant ongoing problem, and has been for decades. 

My main concern with that statement is that they have failed to identify and focus on the root cause of domestic abuse.

And we all know that known abusers use as many excuses and reasons as they can to justify themselves other than just a football match.

Either the police are very, very naive or just playing a politically correct game. 

Imo it is the latter and they should be focusing with social services to understand the real root causes of, and hopefully the prevention of,  consistent domestic abuse. The root cause will never be just a football match and tackling it correctly is far, far more important than just using a football match as an excuse to take temporary corrective action. 

Quite simply, if the police are genuinely concerned about particular consistent offenders, they certainly should not have kept their concerns about these known abusers to themselves for the length of time between "Old Firm" matches, and most importantly should have taken action toward prevention long before any kind of convenient football match itself. 

Who knows what damage could have been done, or even has been in the meantime ?

9 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

This is the such a terrible plan. So they miss the football as I assume they just will be held somewhere until after, they are already pissed off at this. Then if their team doesnt win, more pissed off and then they go home and guess who's fault it is. Aye that's right, their grassing partner. Not only has she ruined their day, their team also lost so she will get a double beating. 

This is what I was going to say. How stupid are the very people that are supposed to be protecting these vulnerable families.

22 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Where is the legislation that actually gives them the power to do this?

Otherwise it is illegal.

The DR is being a bit loose by the looks of things (surprise). There's clues to what they're probably actually doing in the Scotsman article on it, and it doesn't seem to be just abducting people for a few hours as the DR would have it.

6 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Cheers Inigo - thought that it was illegal.

Fuck them - 'where is your court order officer'?

Aye, exactly mate. I mean the police may well still be questionable in what they're doing this weekend re domestic abuse, but I can't see it as being abductions. :lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/police-to-detain-domestic-abusers-ahead-of-old-firm-game-1-4099978

'Detective Chief Inspector Sam McCluskey, who leads the national Domestic Abuse Task Force, said that investigators were combing records for “any other criminality to create breathing space for the victim” before Sunday’s match.

Those being targeted could be awaiting trial for assault or have been released from prison on licence with strict conditions attached. Any breach could mean a return behind bars.'

Sounds more like they're going to look into every possibility to lock up abusers on that specific weekend, and put more effort into it, rather than abduct. Those types probably deserve abducting right enough.

The police look like complete incompetent idiots when they come out with rubbish like this on national tv. Never mind the rapists, murderers, organised crime, drugs on the streets etc this football game takes top priority! PC plod will be trolling the Internet and trying to get offended this weekend, a great opportunity for criminals to run riot this weekend. 

You get the sense they are praying for trouble to create some juicy politised headlines.