Getting to hampden on your own

JWAC

What's the easiest and safest way to do this if I'm arriving at queen street station? The boys I goto the football with are coming from the west this time and the route they're taking, my fucked knees likely won't handle it.

I spoke to the convener of the john niven RSC tonight and they've spare seats but they'll be heading to a pub in glasgow for a few hours after the game, it'd be too late back for me. It's been over 20 years since I've been on a supporters bus.

I've used the train from central before to get to mount florida for scotland games, do the scum use those trains too?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jim white's a bear said:

What's the easiest and safest way to do this if I'm arriving at queen street station? The boys I goto the football with are coming from the west this time and the route they're taking, my fucked knees likely won't handle it.

I spoke to the convener of the john niven RSC tonight and they've spare seats but they'll be heading to a pub in glasgow for a few hours after the game, it'd be too late back for me. It's been over 20 years since I've been on a supporters bus.

I've used the train from central before to get to mount florida for scotland games, do the scum use those trains too?

It used to be one lot left from qs and one from central I'm sure.

Fuck leaving from central. Get through and get a local rsc to take you 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

It used to be one lot left from qs and one from central I'm sure.

Fuck leaving from central. Get through and get a local rsc to take you 

I used to think there were a few busses leaving from edinburgh, doesn't seem to be nowadays :( 

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

I used to think there were a few busses leaving from edinburgh, doesn't seem to be nowadays :( 

Sorry I meant get through here then get one of local buses. Queen Street, Drumchapel kinning park etc 

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I was £6.80 in a black hack from Shawlands to Central Station on Sunday after the game, so taxi outside QS up to Hampden might be an option. 

Save you time and walking. 

Is that all??? Fancy sharing a taxi up then? I won't kill you and steal your ticket :D

How much is it for a taxi from queen street to hampden and is it easy enough getting one back?

3 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Is that all??? Fancy sharing a taxi up then? I won't kill you and steal your ticket :D

How much is it for a taxi from queen street to hampden and is it easy enough getting one back?

Just watch the cheating cunt taxis after the game.

Me and 2 mates approached a black cab post match on Sunday. Asian guy. He said this is a 6 seater... I said aye mate only 3 of us.... where you going.... Queens Street.......that'll be 25 quid boys...... fuck off.

Scumbag

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

What's it you want me to delete bud? not following

No mate I posted something regarding the queen street true blues and where they left from just in case taigs were looking in. 

But southdown1916 is the boy who runs that bus fire him a pm. A decent bunch and pretty accommodating. 

7 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

There should be plenty about after the game, we walked up to Shawlands though, don't imagine you'll be more than a tenner. 

I'm trying to get my wife to drop me, Again, at Hampden or at least in town as train from Larbert doesn't get me into town until 10.20 on Sunday morning which isn't great.

5 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

There should be plenty about after the game, we walked up to Shawlands though, don't imagine you'll be more than a tenner. 

I'm trying to get my wife to drop me, Again, at Hampden or at least in town as train from Larbert doesn't get me into town until 10.20 on Sunday morning which isn't great.

Me and my son are travelling to game by train from Falkirk High but I have not checked times yet, let me know how you get on ?

3 minutes ago, falwheel said:

Me and my son are travelling to game by train from Falkirk High but I have not checked times yet, let me know how you get on ?

I'll be getting the same train through, what time's yours? Safety in numbers!

I've not caught the glasgow train since the works started, no idea yet what time to leave from edinburgh

In days of old the Bears got the train from Central to Mount Florida....the filth got the low-level from Central to Rutherglen.  Dunno if that still works....not been to an OF game at Hampdump for a while......