Who Was The Celtic Villain When You Were Growing Up?

FSM

In our house it was Peter Grant. Just a glimpse of his wee smug rat face on the telly was enough to turn my old man into a panto audience member (he'd actually start booing and prodding his face on the telly screen). Even my mum hated him and she knew fuck all about football (but she knew she had to hate Peter Grant).

Who was yours?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FSM said:

If I'm honest, I didn't mind Roy or even Paul McStay. I fucking hated Joe Miller though.

I actually met him at a testimonial game when I was about 13 and he was a decent guy. Big Shirley was ok...that's why I put the 'pantomime' in. 

My real dislikes came when I was a 'grown up'. Sutton and Lennon. Cunts.

For me as a wee boy in the 1960s it was Jimmy Johnstone. He was hated by the Rangers support in that era .As fate would have it I ended up working with him when he was a driver with Lafferty builders and I got to know him pretty well. ĺ told him how much I hated him in those days and he just laughed it off Tommy Gemmell was also much hated by Rangers fans back then and we even had a special chant for him. Can anyone remember what it was ?

Just now, Fabric said:

Each and everyone of them tbh but topped a little more was NL what a sausage jockey that cunt is. 

I'd still love him to come back and manage Celtic though. Sticking it to the tims is always magic, but sticking it to the tims with Neil Lennon in charge is just uniquely special.

Just now, FSM said:

I'd still love him to come back and manage Celtic though. Sticking it to the tims is always magic, but sticking it to the tims with Neil Lennon in charge is just uniquely special.

I'd agree with that mate he hates us and we hate him so gettin 1 over him is great and seeing him making an absolute James blunt of the Bolton job was good

Any of the starting 11 to be fair.

Under O'Neill it was Petrov for diving, Thomson for having a face you'd love to slap, Agathe for being too fucking fast, Sutton for his arrogance and Larsson for being a genuinely brilliant player. 

Then Nail lemon for dying his hair yella and genuinely being a wee ugly prick.

23 minutes ago, FSM said:

In our house it was Peter Grant. Just a glimpse of his wee smug rat face on the telly was enough to turn my old man into a panto audience member (he'd actually start booing and prodding his face on the telly screen). Even my mum hated him and she knew fuck all about football (but she knew she had to hate Peter Grant).

Who was yours?

He was certainly hated in my hoose 2, didnt even refer to him as any of his names... Just 'heppy'  for obvious reasons 

Popcorn Teeth must be up there for the younger fans. Likewise Bobo Balde - a complete thug, punted after one season by every club he'd been at until of course he found his spiritual home amongst the dregs of humanity. 

In my day it was guys like Billy McNeil and Jimmy Johnstone but I think that was down to being a daft wee boy with nothing to base it on other than being our rivals. Later on it was guys like Grant and McStay , but if truth be told , back in the day you never got disrespect between either side of players other than Doyle giving us the vicky every time he ran on the pitch :lol: 

Today , however , is a different story and for some reason it seems to be those from outside Glasgow / Scotland that have broken that line of disrespecting your opponents. They seem to have no idea of what the Rangers /c....c is all about and jumped in with both feet , playing to the gallery of the more mutant part of their support. I honestly can't think of a single Rangers player , or ex player , who has stooped as low as some of their ex players , and I hope I never do , because at the end of the day class is what separates quality .