Liam Burt

iain88

Friends with a family member of his and apparently he's been told that he's going to be involved tomorrow. Obviously take it with a pinch of salt as per usual with these things but I wouldn't be surprised given how short we are on available attacking players. 

MODS - Feel free to delete if need be. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw balls I had halftime oranges and Kenny millers neighbour quips at the ready and both have been done!! 

Don't mind a wee surprise inclusion to shake things up. Always think the unknown guy is going to be the next Rooney. 

Our squad is so lean it's certainly not inconceivable that he will be needed at some point from the bench. From the very little I have seen of him I have no concerns if he gets game time. If anything I think he may relish it. I think he'll handle it no probs. He won't start though IMO..............

54 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he scores a wonder goal like Jamie Ness did give him a 10 year deal along with Warburton.

Imagine we gave Ness a 10 year deal. He'd still have 5 years left and cost us an absolute fortune in wages and medical bills...

Hopefully he starts as he is the only player that can actually play as a winger neither Shiels, Law, Clark or Zelalem have the attributes required. His pace, technical ability and skill would be a great asset.

Some people say it's unfair on youngsters to throw them in at the deep end but that's nonsense, what's unfair to young players is to refuse to give them a chance in the first team when they have been proving their worth in the youths. I'm sure Burt would relish the chance and there would be no pressure on him at all as he would be an unproven youngster filling in due to injury.

MW believes in giving youngsters a chance, so I hope he does get on at some stage.

Zelazem is probably the our biggest mistake so far and he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

I'd expect Sheils to start and Burt could come on later in the game.

Even an assist would be a great contribution from him.

I don't think he will get on the pitch never mind start the game. The limited times I have seen him he looks a tidy wee player but very very weak........needs a lot of work in the gym and I think it will be game far too big for him having played limited minutes on the pitch for the first team.