Liam Burt

iain88

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Shiels will start, in directly for Forrester, but maybe in a more 'shore up the midfield' type of role withĀ Tav overlapping on the right. If we are to impose our natural attacking style then, whoever comes in has to do a job! Lavender balls Zelalem is probably too powder-puff for a game of this magnitude...which is a pity because if he could add some dig to his game he'd probably be one of the first names on MW's team sheet! Wouldn't surprise me though ifĀ MW played young Liam because of the surprise element and his 'give youth a chance' mindset....could turn out to be a masterstroke if true!!!

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā :7326:WATP:uk:

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Is he a legit right winger? Never seen much of him, but always thought he was a no. 10 type?Ā 

I thought he was an AMC which would make sense to consider him for forrester as he wasn't playing right wing against Peterhead.

But Burt was definitely on the right for Scotland recently so honestly don't know. Games like FM have him as a central midfielder.

Just now, Paulie Walnuts said:

Why? Don't think i've heard his name anywhere since the day he signed.

A few on here (seem to be in the know) reckon he has been playing pretty well for the youngsters and from what I have read he is lightening quick. Haven't seen a full game of the lad play but compared to Clark I feel almost any player we have is a better option as I think he has been out of his depth at this club since day one.

I fully expect Shiels to play tomorrow in place of forrester with the rest of the team lining up as we did against Peterhead but we obviously saw something in Mcleod. He scored against Falkirk and seemed to take the goal quite well:

Ā 

27 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

A few on here (seem to be in the know) reckon he has been playing pretty well for the youngsters and from what I have read he is lightening quick. Haven't seen a full game of the lad play but compared to Clark I feel almost any player we have is a better option as I think he has been out of his depth at this club since day one.

I fully expect Shiels to play tomorrow in place of forrester with the rest of the team lining up as we did against Peterhead but we obviously saw something in Mcleod. He scored against Falkirk and seemed to take the goal quite well:

Ā 

Haven't seen much of the lad but well taken, confident goal. I, like you, expect Shiels to slot in, in place of Forrester. Primarily because Shiels has been featuring more than the other contenders for the position recently, so he seems to be the obvious choice but with all the fanfare about this plastic paddy, roberts, I've got a sneaky feeling Mr Warburton will do something unexpected and bring in an up-and-coming youngster of our own....hope he does exactly that....would show cajones!!! Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā :7326:WATP:uk:

Just now, GrizzlyBear72 said:

Haven't seen much of the lad but well taken, confident goal. I, like you, expect Shiels to slot in, in place of Forrester. Primarily because Shiels has been featuring more than the other contenders for the position recently, so he seems to be the obvious choice but with all the fanfare about this plastic paddy, roberts, I've got a sneaky feeling Mr Warburton will do something unexpected and bring in an up-and-coming youngster of our own....hope he does exactly that....would show cajones!!! Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā :7326:WATP:uk:

Not sure if Warburton is that much of a risk taker tbh and it is a risk playing soneone like Burt or McLeod. Shiels won't offer a great deal but hopefully he can cover for Tav or Wallace if Warburton opts to play McKay on the right but I think McKay and Wallace have an understanding that would be silly to break them up.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not sure if Warburton is that much of a risk taker tbh and it is a risk playing soneone like Burt or McLeod. Shiels won't offer a great deal but hopefully he can cover for Tav or Wallace if Warburton opts to play McKay on the right but I think McKay and Wallace have an understanding that would be silly to break them up.

Definite risk mate, totally agree. Same as you, not too sure if MW is the type to take such a risk but, in saying that, we've never been as bare in terms of numbers and personnel as we have leading up to this game! With that in mind, he might just pull something unexpectedĀ out the "hat"?!! After all, he's all about bringing on young players and giving them a chance....he might just see tomorrow as the perfect opportunity to do it!! That said, he's no mug and he'll know what to do in the circumstances.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Wildcards can often work a treat in these games. Walter always used to spring a surprise on the day. Wouldn't be surprised, wouldn't be concerned.Ā 

Too true mate.....potentially, some lad could make a name for himself and skud in the winner or thread in a top class pass for someone else.....risk? Aye. Worth the risk? I think so, under the circumstances.Ā