Player Ratings

Player Ratings--

Wes Foderingham - 7 - Some good saves could do little with the goals

James Tavernier - 8.5 - He is an absolute beast of a player, the fittest on the park never stopped leading the way until the game had finished

Rob Kiernan - 8 - He was bossing it before injury.

Danny Wilson - 7 - He was far to easily out jumped for the scums first goal other than that he was solid.

Lee Wallace - 7.5 - First half was outstanding linking up with Barrie as usual bit quiter 2nd half but defensively solid still.

Jason Holt - 7.5 - Full of energy as usual and got into some great positions vital for our link up play.

Dominic Ball - 7 - Mopped up well and was composed on the ball but didn't contribute much going forward but still a vital performance from the young man.

Andy Halliday - 8 - Full of heart he was representing every Rangers fan on the pitch and fucking bossed it Brown was outclassed.

Dean Shiels - 5 - Was the only weak link in the starting XI maybe a bit harsh as he was out of position but still he contributed nothing.

Kenny Miller - 7.5 - Never stopped running and took his goal well, he is proving me wrong this season his new contract fully deserved.

Barrie McKay - 9 - Was brilliant from the start, he ran at them brilliantly and his passing is incredibly intelligent some outstanding through balls and link up play with Wallace was a joy to behold. Not to mention his tracking back, energy and running right to the final whistle was sensational, then to top it off he scores a wonder goal, one of the best you are likely to see in an Old Firm match.

Subs--

Nicky Law - 5 - Didn't play that well and almost put celtic through on goal but looked to get stuck in and took his penalty very calmly.

Nicky Clark - 5 - You can't fault his effort, his heart and his love for Rangers he may not be good enough for Rangers but you can't help but like him.

Gedion Zelalem - 4 - He looks completely shot of confidence, he seems a nice lad and he must have some ability within him and I hope he manages to bring it out next season for whatever team he is playing for good luck to the boy

I'd give them all 10s! That was just fucking magic. And some!

Like many, I have never experienced an old firm penalty shoot out, and to be honest I don't think my heart can take it ever again. This was a different level. But that's what we do. We continually raise the bar. Time and again. We are like no other. It was incredible. 

Before a ball was kicked I genuinely would have taken heart from a positive performance to show we're back. However, I could not have imagined what I just witnessed. I knew we were good. I knew they weren't great but we bossed them all over the park.  To win is always incredible but to do so in such a manner is different levels. 

I've primarily watched us from the Smith era onwards and we won so many games, so many titles. It was brilliant. However, at times, it wasn't always pretty. Of course winning at all costs is the only thing that matters. That performance was sensational though. To a man they were all heroes. Every last one of them. Considering where we've been the last few years this was up there with the very best. To beat them, whilst being in The Championship will NEVER be forgotten. EVER! This is a historical and monumental in our illustrious history, make no mistake about it.

The key word i'd use throughout would be BRAVERY. Our bravery on the ball was a joy to behold. Not once did we panic. Not once did we just hoof it up the park. We even had 3 C*ltic attackers marking our defenders from a goal kick haha! Come on to fuck! Has that ever been done. But even then Wilson, Tav, Holt, Ball, Wallace etc would make angles, Wes would find them. They'd be surrounded by opponents but they'd take it, without fear, control, pass it, move it. They were outstanding. I'm almost speechless. Teary eyed. Sweating. Bursting with pride. So so proud of everyone of them.

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Player Ratings--

Wes Foderingham - 7 - Some good saves could do little with the goals

James Tavernier - 8.5 - He is an absolute beast of a player, the fittest on the park never stopped leading the way until the game had finished

Rob Kiernan - 8 - He was bossing it before injury.

Danny Wilson - 7 - He was far to easily out jumped for the scums first goal other than that he was solid.

Lee Wallace - 7.5 - First half was outstanding linking up with Barrie as usual bit quiter 2nd half but defensively solid still.

Jason Holt - 7.5 - Full of energy as usual and got into some great positions vital for our link up play.

Dominic Ball - 7 - Mopped up well and was composed on the ball but didn't contribute much going forward but still a vital performance from the young man.

Andy Halliday - 8 - Full of heart he was representing every Rangers fan on the pitch and fucking bossed it Brown was outclassed.

Dean Shiels - 5 - Was the only weak link in the starting XI maybe a bit harsh as he was out of position but still he contributed nothing.

Kenny Miller - 7.5 - Never stopped running and took his goal well, he is proving me wrong this season his new contract fully deserved.

Barrie McKay - 9 - Was brilliant from the start, he ran at them brilliantly and his passing is incredibly intelligent some outstanding through balls and link up play with Wallace was a joy to behold. Not to mention his tracking back, energy and running right to the final whistle was sensational, then to top it off he scores a wonder goal, one of the best you are likely to see in an Old Firm match.

Subs--

Nicky Law - 5 - Didn't play that well and almost put celtic through on goal but looked to get stuck in and took his penalty very calmly.

Nicky Clark - 5 - You can't fault his effort, his heart and his love for Rangers he may not be good enough for Rangers but you can't help but like him.

Gedion Zelalem - 4 - He looks completely shot of confidence, he seems a nice lad and he must have some ability within him and I hope he manages to bring it out next season for whatever team he is playing for good luck to the boy

For the memory of super cooper I'd give them all 11

Jesus christ, Zelalem was fine when he came on! He rarely wasted the ball and kept us driving at Celtic into extra time.

Give the boy a break.

You think he's short of confidence? Just watch his penalty. He was fine today.

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

very harsh on zelalem. He did really well when he came on, good retention and moved the ball out of the danger areas.

did much more than Nicky law

Maybe but he looked more fucked in extra time than the players who had been on from the start did! he was extremely lazy tracking back either that or he is just slow as fuck. He gave the ball away stupidly twice other than that his passing wasn't too bad and his penalty was excellent but he looks much different from when he first arrived here, the couple of games when he got Man Of The Match should have been the benchmark for him unfortunetley for what ever reason he hasn't kicked on.

I do admit that I have a wee negative thing for Holt, but I thought him and Shiels were by far our worst players today. He lacks creativity and if we don't get the ball in behind to cut the ball back for his runs, he offers little. I know hardly anyone will agree, but I don't think he is good enough.

Same as all our players involved in great 3-2 cup wins against cellic. 12 out of 10 for all of them in what was a magnificent team effort. And 14 out of 10 for Barrie McKay, Peter Lovenkrands and Tom Forsyth in those games. 

34 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Jesus christ, Zelalem was fine when he came on! He rarely wasted the ball and kept us driving at Celtic into extra time.

Give the boy a break.

You think he's short of confidence? Just watch his penalty. He was fine today.

Agreed mate harsh on Zelalem and I thought Ball was brilliant in th first half

Nonsense rating from the Op there for Law and Zelalem. 

I thought Mr Warburton was taking a chance putting them both on, especially with the possibility of extra time.

But they were both sent on to do the job of holding the ball, slowing it down, and making space against a by that time desperate cellic midfield who would have preffered to mix it and turn it in to a scrapping match. 

They did that superbly, taking us through a potentially difficult extra time, especially when the tims got their equaliser, and capped both their performances with calmly taken penalties in the cauldron of the penalty shoot out. 

Job done,10 out of 10. 

It's a bit shit calling Shiels the weak link when the instructions were obviously to play the ball down the opposite wing at every opportunity.

Can't agree with the OP rating for Zelalem either. He came into the match at its most tense point and still managed to make Scott Brown look like a fucking under 12s player.

So proud of them all. I was literally in tears after the penalties. 

25 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

It's a bit shit calling Shiels the weak link when the instructions were obviously to play the ball down the opposite wing at every opportunity.

Can't agree with the OP rating for Zelalem either. He came into the match at its most tense point and still managed to make Scott Brown look like a fucking under 12s player.

So proud of them all. I was literally in tears after the penalties. 

Agree100%.What people have to realise is players are given instructions and today they all followed them to perfection.To say Ball didn't offer much going forward or Shiels was a weak link is just wrong.They were asked to do a job and boy they and the rest of the team did us proud.As for Zelalem the kid hardly puts a foot wrong or squanders possession.We can't have a team of 11 players all just belting forward.Tonight as a fan base let us be proud of the players today.Each and every one of them.Thanks lads you made today great and as for tomorrow at work.............bring it on bears enjoy?

7 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Halliday was supposed to be the one marking him... Wilson was covering for Halliday as he let that Erik cunt get away from him

7 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I do admit that I have a wee negative thing for Holt, but I thought him and Shiels were by far our worst players today. He lacks creativity and if we don't get the ball in behind to cut the ball back for his runs, he offers little. I know hardly anyone will agree, but I don't think he is good enough.

:power_of_anguish: