Biggest / most significant result in our history?

graeme_4

Biggest / most significant result in our history?   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest / most significant result in our history?

What you think? Certainly felt like it today.

We've had huge results before, helicopter Sunday's, winning the league at the piggery, away in Fiorentina, but for me this just felt more significant.  

For me it signified the end of a hellish journey, and the beginning of a new one. 

We're in a new era, quality facilities, infrastructure, staff and players - we're back, and everyone knows it now. :uk:

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Not for me. Things tend to get blown wildly out of proportion on online forums, both good and bad.

Today was a great day in our 144 year history but by no means the greatest.

Perhaps in my life time would have been better, rather than our entire history. 

Struggling to think of much that were this sweet. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Perhaps in my life time would have been better, rather than our entire history. 

Struggling to think of much that were this sweet. 

It's so sweet because it's fresh, when the blood pressure calms down and the booze wears off I think most will recognise the significance of today while understanding it is just another step back towards the great days of our past and the great days to come in our future.

No, no it wasn't. But I will agree, to every bear who went through the last 4 years with the team, it certainly feels like it. After 4 years of being put down, 4 years of being told anything we win is meaningless and 4 years of of just shite we got to shove it in their face. The final will be a bigger and more significant match, but it will never feel as good as today did!

Think some posters are getting the biggest/most significant idea wrong. 

Our greatest result is obviously barcelona, then various cup wins, league winning games, top European games. 

However the significant games are those that prove we have achieved a new level or are consistently regressing.

Now the biggest games that have shown us taking the wrong direction for me are probably the infamous Berwick game in the sixties, or the games against the likes of Alloa in the cup last season where we clearly showed we were struggling and going nowhere. 

Significant games would be of course Barcelona and the likes of the games against Leeds which proved we could compete against the best in Britain anfd Europe.or the 6-2 game against Hibs at the beginning of the season which suggested we had turned the corner on becoming a top flight team again, even last weeks final which got us back to trophy winning ways.. 

The game today however is extremely significant as it marks the complete turnaround from being kicked in to the fourth division of Scottish football, and unable to compete against the top few teams. Today proved we are back amongt the very top teams, and perhaps are better, and that we will once again return to our previous successes. 

So yes, I believe that today's result is one of the most significant games in our history. 

One of the most significant in the last 5 years next to Brechin City as we were playing football again and the first league game against East Stirlingshire. It signifies we have now crossed a threshold that we were unsure of; we have the beating of septic. We now know we can do it. Other games to so called lesser clubs have more significance to me.

I thought it would take one of the best performances from the jerseys since gawd knows when.  That display and result broke a barrier of 4 years of agony and lows that were unprecedented in our history. We had to be the biggest underdogs on paper that we have ever been against sellic. The circumstances will never be repeated. It is the biggest boot in the baws to them ever IME.

I think the significance of it is frightening.............for them!