Wow where do you start with that...

K.A.I

Is it mental to say I'm a bit gutted we had to win it on penalties? because we were the better team by miles. So dominant.

So proud to be at Hampden yesterday as a Rangers fan. We've not had too many days like that since 2012, maybe 3 or 4 and that's the best feeling yet.

I never even had any nerves. After 5 minutes I knew it would be our day, even at the penalty kicks. We won every 50-50 and chased them all over the pitch.

Was even shocked that Craig Thomson, the cheat had a good game too - although I've never seen a referee allow a player to take a bounce up himself and use the ball to attack us with ... but anyway ...

Special mention goes to Halliday. I'm critical of him but he covered every inch and showed he was a true Rangers fan that simply wanted it and was taking it.

Another special mention goes to Dominic Ball. Outstanding contribution.

However my man of the match goes to wee Tav. Hopefully that puts the myth that he can't defend to bed once and for all. Tackles won, break away's with the ball, tracking back, marking. Top class.

I still do think we need investment next season (even taking yesterday into account) because I've always thought we could match them in a one off game but a sustained period over a season might be a bit different but hey, that's a debate for later. Enjoying the moment.

Warburton got our tactics spot on and not one player had a bad game - every single person done their jobs. Even the subs, usually you'd huff at the thought of Clark coming on but there was a method in it - tired legs, big pitch, stretch it. It's amazing what difference a manager putting a little thought into things can actually do for you.

It says a lot about our footballing ethos when even in the second half of extra time, 2-1 up we were still bombing forward attacking and trying to slaughter them. Superb.

A wee mention to the smelly taigs .... at kick off there was a display - Rangers banner in the Rangers end ... and a Rangers banner in the Celtic end ... says it all.

image.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Barrie McKay was the best player on the park for me. He was immense. 

Good post though. 

Can't argue with that either. The wee man was superb every time he had the ball he was dangerous. Hardly wasted a run and that finish .. fuck me.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That beats the Fiorentina penalty shootout by a fucking mile. When Rogic missed that penalty I can honestly say I've never felt an emotion like that. Pure joy. 

(tu)     One of my favorite days as a Rangers fan yesterday mate.    Right up there with the best of them.

4 years of hell unleashed in one game,  was mentally draining :lol:

They said yesterday was only the 2nd time the teams had faced a penalty shoot out against each other in cup competition.

Quite an amazing stat that. Also although we should've beat them in normal or extra time, beating them in penalties at their end made it even better....

Would have been great to win without pens but there is a plus - within a month or two they'll be giving it that we didn't beat them proper and that we're not that good and it was all delia's fault and now he's gone. They'll build themselves up in their heads again and by the first time we play them next season they'll think they're world beaters. So we get to do it all again :pipe:

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Even at our best of times we never passed the ball about like yesterday against them it was a joy to watch, can't remember ever seeing them getting 10 men behind the ball and sitting so deep against either. 

That's what we were saying during the second half, it was great to see what our team could do against a team that didn't just defend most of the game... and then that's exactly what they started to do, played like the shite trams we've played over the years hoping to get something from us on the break. We continued to absolutely dominate then though and they were incredibly lucky they managed to take us to penalties 

I think it just proved how good a team we are that we forced the so-called "Champions of Scotland" to camp inside their own penalty box for about 90% of the game. 

The way we never panicked when under pressure and just did wee triangles all around the park was truly a thing of beauty. Honestly believe we played good enough to give them an absolute hiding yesterday, with Waghorn, Forrester and O'Halloran we would've. 

I'm glad we had the chance to show what I knew all along, that we were by far the better team. Our passing and movement is the best in the country, and if one thing that being in the lower leagues has taught me, you don't just win a game because you are a big name and win by default, an error they cunts made yesterday

Would also like to apologise to Zelalem for the stick I have gave him over the season because yesterday for a 19 year old to come into such a high pressure high profile game and make passes the way he did was exceptional. Also to Law and Clark who had the balls to take a penalty along with Zelalem, hats off to the 3 of you.

An excellent all round performance, I spoke to a few people yesterday, family, friends and strangers at the boozer and not one of them were surprised at the outcome simply because they knew the way we play would hurt them. 

The only down side was them getting 2 goals, no way did they deserve penalties, yes they had way more attempts but most of them were blocked, high and wide, saved and 90 per cent were against the run of play

The most pleasing aspect of the whole day was the way everyone took up notice and realised that we are not the team they all thought we were, we are better and shame on them for not recognising it

Well done Warbs and well done the team, proudest moment since following Rangers, I love you

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

To think aswell, 11 months ago we went from getting fucked 6-1 off Motherwell to passing Celtic to death. Perspective :)

They couldn't live with our passing and it showed big time.  We had them blowing out their arse.  The fitness level in our team is superb.

51 minutes ago, gogzy said:

(tu)     One of my favorite days as a Rangers fan yesterday mate.    Right up there with the best of them.

4 years of hell unleashed in one game,  was mentally draining :lol:

I aged 10 years during that shootout and lost hair, don't even care. Fucking worth it :lol:

With the amount of possession, we had we should have been three or four up first half, this is an area we have to improve on we need to be more Clinical when we have the ball.

We dominated them so much and they looked helpless but we put pressure on ourselves by not killing them off first half.

The problem for them is we played as a team they played as individuals, i felt all over the park we were better than them.