Dominic Ball

ready1873

Absolutely outstanding yesterday. So calm and composed.

I made a thread months ago on him and mentioned about us signing him. He seems determined to play for Spurs tho sadly.

Maybe yesterday will sway his mind? The big man was top notch.

I think he performed well but he is not a midfielder, almost cost us a few times with his decision making and poor distribution........we badly need a proper holding midfield man because Dom doesn't cut the mustard for me.

Obviously the result was brilliant but we should not be blind to some deficiencies in our team/squad.  Ball is never a midfielder and he made quite a few mistakes yesterday.   He was a bit better when he stepped back into defence when Kiernan went off but I won't be sad if he goes back south and we sign a better CB.   We still look weak in the air defending corners and free kicks and we have looked like that for much of the season.   

I thought Ball was excellent in the midfield yesterday,he was like a man posessed and the lego muncher more than met his match with him and Andy.

I worried when he moved back but credit to wee Gedion for coming on and looking cool as a cucumber.

26 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Obviously the result was brilliant but we should not be blind to some deficiencies in our team/squad.  Ball is never a midfielder and he made quite a few mistakes yesterday.   He was a bit better when he stepped back into defence when Kiernan went off but I won't be sad if he goes back south and we sign a better CB.   We still look weak in the air defending corners and free kicks and we have looked like that for much of the season.   

Very harsh. Thought he was really good all game.

Had a great game. Did one of those jobs that not many folk will see, but if he hadn't  done so well the result could have been completely different. Would like him to stay, but equally we don't own him and he's not going to add value to the squad. Crooks has to be given the nod over him next season. 

17 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Very harsh. Thought he was really good all game.

No I'm sorry mate, he was very poor in the game.  We must not fall into the trap of allowing the result to deflect from obvious shortcomings.  We are all euphoric about putting out the dark side but we are nowhere near the finished article, particularly defensively.  To put it into perspective, what would the comments be like if Foderingham had not saved that last minute free kick?  The answer is that we would be picking the bones of the players we considered didn't do enough.    We outplayed them in a footballing sense but they actually had more goal-scoring opportunities.  We had twice as much possession but they had three times as many attempts on goal which is a reality we must address going forward.   

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

No I'm sorry mate, he was very poor in the game.  We must not fall into the trap of allowing the result to deflect from obvious shortcomings.  We are all euphoric about putting out the dark side but we are nowhere near the finished article, particularly defensively.  To put it into perspective, what would the comments be like if Foderingham had not saved that last minute free kick?  The answer is that we would be picking the bones of the players we considered didn't do enough.    We outplayed them in a footballing sense but they actually had more goal-scoring opportunities.  We had twice as much possession but they had three times as many attempts on goal which is a reality we must address going forward.   

are there opta stats for the game?

When he did that Cruyff turn where he almost fucked us i was pretty angry, slow getting to a few challenges as well but overall did his job yesterday in an unfamiliar position.

When he went back to defend he needs to be better in the air.

18 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Sensible point amid the hyperbole.

20 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Shooting willynilly from 35 yards out shows how well we limited clear cut chances. They had to change their style of play, not us. I think you are bring harsh mate.

I think it's vital we get him to stay with us another season on loan at least. I think he's perfect for us but not really what Tottenham need. I think he loves it here too which is a major bonus.

I think even with all the goodwill in the world at his end, if Tottenham do want him and want to give him a contract could we match possibly 20k a week that he might get (at a guess)

I think it boils down to what Tottenham want to do.

18 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I do rate Ball but I think you make some great points in that. It is essential we don't get carried away and look for ways to improve. Warburton will be thinking exactly the same as yourself there which is exactly what we need to do.

I think we are all going to complain about whoever  is in that position making mistakes at one point or another. 

We are an attack minded team and Dom was leading a 3 man defense (as will the future CDM whoever that may be) with Wilson and Kiernan behind, while our wing backs and other CM's formed a 7-man attack. 

I thought our defense done well overall against the only area of the park that the Tims can usually threaten from (with the Thumb and... erm... eh... well that's it)

I think that when ball is sitting in holding midfield is when we are at our best, he played there against Hibs in the last game, Dundee and Celtic yesterday. Plays a similar role to Dier at Spurs and just does simple things while working hard to break up play. If he could add any sort of attacking attributes to his game could see him molding into a top player.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Why can you not just enjoy the fact that we fucked the scum and are in the Scottish cup final.

Leave the analysis to the guy that picks the team, think Mr Warburton knows what he's doing!

WATP