Will winning the Scottish Cup top yesterday?

Gaz52

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of raw emotion , no i don't think it will , but if we don't win it then it will kind of taint yesterday's victory , no point knocking celtic out to fuck it up against these spoonburning bottlers, bit I have full confidence that the managent and squad won't allow that to be the case

Winning the cup is a must as it puts down a marker for next season, between ourselves and hivs we have knocked out half the spl enough route to the final, the gap is nowhere near as big as they make out winning the league and the Scottish cup will only enhance our stock.

In terms of the euphoria of yesterday no a cup win wont match it.  Yesterday was like a dose of morphine to kill the pain of the mockery those bastards have been gloating over for the past 4 years and beating them in the fashion we did virtually erased all of that at a stroke.  Hell it was almost worth going through that 4 years just for yesterday.

8 hours ago, B1872 said:

Beating the tarriers isn't the be all and end all. There is a bigger picture and that is getting into Europe.

Like saying "money isn't everything"., it is if your skint.

No beating them is not the b all and end all, but it  sure as fuck is better than the alternative.  

Been grinning non stop since we won, beating hivees even to win the Cup will not top how I felt yesterday and how i still feel today.

10 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It's a different game altogether, we'll go in as favourites against a team who were supposed to mount a serious challenge for the league but we've buried them with many weeks to spare. 

Yesteray was special for so many reasons, I think the last time I felt like that was when we beat Fiorentina. 

I think it will be hard to top that feeling but winning the Scottish Cup would be some feat for us, it will show how far we've came these past 9 months or so. It means winning a cup with so much importance and most importantly gains us access to Europe - about 2 years ahead of schedule. The tension on final day is going to be ridiculous, I'll be just as nervous probably. Can't wait for it, the Bears will be on top form again! 

?Hadn't even properly considered all of the above points before you posted.....still basking in the glory of Sunday’s game?!! There is no doubt, however, that winning the Scottish Cup and gaining access to Europe in the process is, like, a million miles away from what any of us could have even dreamed about where we'd be when our season kicked off!!! Truly fucking amazing!!! 

I couldn't give a fuck about the Cup itself but entry in to European football makes it vitally important.  We must win this now.  If we lose the final to Hibs we'll have Hibsed It a fucking belter.

On paper, winning the Scottish Cup is more important. So far this season, on paper, we've won the Championship, gained promotion and won the Challenge Cup but only progressed to the final of the Scottish Cup. To show how far we've come, on paper, we need to win the country's premier cup competition.

But that's only for the historical record.

Sunday's result stands on its own. It was an 'Old Firm' game: beating them would mean more than just progressing to the next round. While in the lower leagues, our progress was always measured by how we performed against Premier League opposition. This was the last time that measurement could be made so it would be the final mark on our progress. And fate decreed that we were to measured against the top team in the league. This game would also test our style of play. Would our attacking football be inneffective against better opposition while leaving our goal vulnerable to attack? And some even questioned how our young players could play in such a game. On paper, it was the second 2015-2016 Scottish Cup Semi-Final. In reality, it was judgement day.

The history books will record our promotion to the top flight and, hopefully, will say we capped off a succesful season by winning the Scottish Cup. But those fortunate enough to be there on Sunday, those who watched on the telly and the millions more that heard the result will remember the day we beat the best the bastards had to offer and showed the world, we're back.

Few things will ever top that.

We are The Rangers! We want, nay demand that we win the Cup now!

We weren't favourites against the mhanky mhob, & the way we played them off the park, was a joy to behold.

However, we're now in the final, against weaker opposition, & will be the favourites to win, therefore we have to bring the cup home. Nothing less will do...

It's a very good question mate, all I can say is that it will be up there for perhaps different reasons, but very hard to top Sunday, we will be talking about Sunday for many years ahead, although we didn't win a Cup on Sunday as such, it reminded me alot of Souness first trophy in winning the 1986 League Cup Final v the Mhankies. That was a very special day aswell, iam still buzzing tbh, personal circumstances in my life not great ATM, but Sunday was a great wee boost lol.

Sunday was our get it right up you moment and will always be that but it doesn't add to our trophy haul.

Winning the cup will be recorded in history and the players  will get what they deserve, a winners medal they can keep and tell their grandbairns about the four years of toil and had work it took to win.

tim games come and go but we are in the business to win trophies not just to shove it up Celt&c although it was nice

Sunday is a feeling that may never be topped, but if we win the Scottish cup it will feel amazing. All these years in the wilderness are coming to an end, but getting our hands on a piece of silverware coveted by all teams in Scotland whilst we are in the 2nd tier would be truly worth celebrating. It also would lay down a marker for next season.