Josh Windass

NeoGeo7

9 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Got a feeling both him and Crooks will take a lot by surprise next year. As MW always says no one is here just to make up the numbers.

2/3rds of the squad from this season have bammed a lot of our support up so I wouldn't be surprised if they did as well.

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's actually 28.

When I seen the goal, at first I thought it was Windass and was like what a talent, then realised it was the away side scoring. 

LOL, you're dafter than me.  Besides when you get old, 28 is still a kid.  Actually the ideal age for a midfield player.  Probably a lot of undiscovered talent in those lower leagues.

20 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm more excited about Crooks.  I was watching some videos of him last night and he looks like a big strong guy.  exactly what our team is needing.

Getting excited watching videos of a big strong guy :ph34r: 

10 hours ago, WGOH said:

Didn't Windass reject a few Championship clubs to join us? Looking forward to seeing them, both seem to be far too good for that league every time I see highlights on SSN.

Arsenal were interested in taking him as well. 

Been to the Crown Ground a couple of time this season. Crooks has the build of Duncan Ferguson, he's fast, can play almost any position along the back line and in defensive midfield, he a bit of a tank, likes a meaty challenge, can keep the ball and a good first touch but his weakness is long passes. Windass is probably one of the best attacking players in the division, very good turn of speed, good eye for a goal, can play in midfield and you can see he is improving all the time. Some of the Accy boys I know regret they are going but knew it was a matter of time before someone took them on to a big club.

I think once they settle they will give us a lot of good football. MW has picked a couple of class players who are still improving and are hungry for it.

20 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Been to the Crown Ground a couple of time this season. Crooks has the build of Duncan Ferguson, he's fast, can play almost any position along the back line and in defensive midfield, he a bit of a tank, likes a meaty challenge, can keep the ball and a good first touch but his weakness is long passes. Windass is probably one of the best attacking players in the division, very good turn of speed, good eye for a goal, can play in midfield and you can see he is improving all the time. Some of the Accy boys I know regret they are going but knew it was a matter of time before someone took them on to a big club.

I think once they settle they will give us a lot of good football. MW has picked a couple of class players who are still improving and are hungry for it.

Thanks for the info (tu)

44 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/hartlepool-vs-accrington/341144

some nice skill and direct running from josh for accringtons second.

I see from his Twitter there was some controversy regarding a foul/dive

image.jpeg

He'll need to not get sucked into any of that nonsense when he's with us. Will be plenty of beggars trying to wind him up online. 

12 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

He'll need to not get sucked into any of that nonsense when he's with us. Will be plenty of beggars trying to wind him up online. 

He will most definitely get coached in that department with us. Its very clear that all the players are.