James Tavernier, Embracing Rangers

There will be a topic on Tav, I know, but I don't care. Since Sunday, I've gone through phases of extreme appreciation for our players and right now, it's the Blue Cafu.

His apparent defensive frailties were questioned ahead of the Old Firm game, but he put on a disciplined, strong and solid performance that answered those questions, big time.

He's been exceptional this season and on Sunday, he reiterated his quality.

His passion is touching. He's almost Nacho-like and you know he means it, you can see it when he celebrates. He has fallen in love with this club.

He's got a young family and he's relocated them up here, for which I think he deserves credit; he's jumped two-footed into this opportunity and I, for one, appreciate that.

Do we have a song for him? I don't think we do.

Like many others they'll never play for a club as big as us and I don't mean that to disrespect him or any the other boys.

He's played in the epl for Newcastle and other than a newly promoted side who will be fighting to survive no big club will touch them. I hope that he and the rest realise this and at least stay for the 3-4 years.

only last week did I see it posted in here saying well need a new rb when we go up next season as if we played tav we'd get beat or words to that effect. Well well Sunday was his best defensive performance in a blue jersey. He certainly showed when the opposition gets better he'll lift his game accordingly

The way we dictate posession, defensively we will get caught out on the counter attack like the St Johnstone game 

tav, Wallace will get caught out , it's not if but how many times.

it's bound to happen, but I would happily take that to go back to the shite we watched the last 3 yrs 

Tav loves Rangers clearly you can see it in his play and emotions. last week after the cup final he was buzzing about but his celebrations with Barrie Mckay after Barrie's goal was superb the passion on his face for the club says it all. He proved a good few wrong on Sunday and I am happy to hold my hands up and say I had my doubts not as strong as some others but his defensive performance was immense as well as going forward. He was out on his feet at the end of extra time could barely walk. that's exactly what we want to see from Rangers players.

9 minutes ago, WGOH said:

There was a guy on another thread telling me that he 'says it how he sees it' and said that he thought Tav was shite and doesn't see a future at Rangers for Tav :lol: 

At any one point in time you will see at least two Rangers players getting it in the neck from someone,  Barry was getting it for long periods last season, Waghorn got it as soon as he was injured, any players that are out for an extended period and don't turn it on in their 15 minute spell at the end of a game get it, doesn't matter if they turned in a man of the match performance in their last appearance or not.

Got to hold my hands up, i've criticised him earlier in the season for his defensive play but he put any fears to bed in the biggest game of all!

He's our first choice right back no doubts but we still need cover (and at left back) and hopefully this will be addressed in the summer.

Tav covering play was excellent some of our players could learn from him the amount of times he stopped the break by watching the ball instead of the players stood out for me.

He's not perfect and makes mistakes at times but he works his arse off, great player for us.

21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There has been threads about Tav in the last month saying he isn't good enough and we need a new right-back for next season. Some absolute roasters on this site!

He is the best RB in the country, fact.