Snuck into Hampden

ChesterPerry

8 hours ago, ChesterPerry said:
1 hour ago, jintybear said:

Well done! I wouldn't have had the nerve to do anything like that!

Does anyone know if the guy who bought a DU ticket got in?

I noticed when I went through the turnstile that the guy never even looked at my ticket so it wouldn't have been unbelievable if he did!

Boy that travelled with me on the train  without a ticket paid 30 quid outside the ground for a Dundee United Hibs ticket and got in no problem with it, apparently there was a few people got in using them, security was shit. Look at the amount of pyro the lads sneaked in despite searches. :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ChesterPerry said:

Actually a few people said they'd heard of someone using a DU / Hivs ticket. Now either loads did or they were all talking about stepps ger lol

Not beside us found a Dundee hivs ticket on the floor near hampden and used it to get in ?

I work with a guy who scams his way into games saying he is the chief scout for whatever team he fancies. He has recently got a bit more "technical" & has had business cards printed for some of the English Championship sides. It is amazing how many times it has work as he has shown me the comp ticket stubs.

:belm:

1 hour ago, ChesterPerry said:

Actually a few people said they'd heard of someone using a DU / Hivs ticket. Now either loads did or they were all talking about stepps ger lol

My mate said walking back to the bus that he seen someone in the ground with a DU ticket from the day before. I told him about steppsger so assumed it was him. He said to my mate that he didn't know where to stand as he didn't have a ticket :lol: I think he was in the last section of the west stand B something. 

13 hours ago, ChesterPerry said:

Heres the story for the boys that were asking in the ticket section

Now before anybody starts, I know it is immature, but when you've got 2 STs unsuccessful in the ballot, went to every cup game including Rugby park - it's a bit frustrating when you're going to miss the biggest game of the season out of pot luck.

I tried & tried & tried other ways & means for a ticket but was getting nowhere. So a couple of weeks ago I started to build a back-up plan. A few of the boys on here had been asking to hear it beforehand but I had to keep a lid on it in case anyone at Hampden or my work got wind of it.

Some of you already know where I work or what industry but I will leave it to guesswork in this post if I can - I was back at work today and so far haven't been caught.

As I said the preparations started a couple of weeks ago and involved numerous "props" I'll call them. Doctored emails from SFA employees, clip boards etc. that kind of thing.

The morning started like any other Old Firm morning of old, except this time I was ironing shirt, tie & trousers rather than my usual jeans & polo. Was looking fuckin razor sharp and I set off out into the sun about 8.45am, walking down the road with a half bottle in my pocket and a spring in my step. As I continued walking towards the station I heard the sound of a flute band playing Here Lies a Soldier, was coming from a random house on the street "Fuckin yas" I said to myself, got me gee'd right up for the day ahead.

Got to the station and I had to wait half an hour for a train. I wasn't gonny do anything for that half hour but worry myself about whether my plan to get in would work or not, so I jumped in a taxi to Glasgow Central and then a train to Mt Florida on which I polished off my half bottle.

Having arrived at Mt Florida I bumped into 3 bears from Prestonpans, one of them I remember called Calvin, and after finding out they had no spares I told them about my plan. We carried on down past the florida park and towards a carryout shop for opening at 10.

Another half bottle purchased, though I knew I had to be compos mentis for my entrance into Hampden but I suppose the nerves were getting the better of me. Anyway, me and the Prestonpans boys were getting a good laugh up a wee side lane with our cargos and were soon joined by a couple of other bears from Renfrew & Baillieston.

They all thought I was daft and/or mental and I suppose so did I, but fuck it, I was there, I'd got taxis & trains up to Hampden, was too late to back out and the plans born out of frustrations were going to be carried out regardless. That wine makes you invincible anyway lol.

Carry outs finished we headed towards Hampden for the game. Initially my plan was to blag my way in to Hospitality - to do so I had got a pal of mine who is a graphic designer to make up a mock email from an SFA employee. 

It read something like:

I carried this in a leather bound folder along with other bits of riff raff, papers etc. Anything to make myself look legit.

Anyway, as I got myself round to the front entrance the steps were packed with people waiting to get in. Stewards at the top checking tickets before even the doors. "Here we go" I said. Showed the first steward my work pass and he let me by, leather folder under my arm. Got to another steward and for whatever reason I shat out of showing him the dodgy email and said "where's the press entrance bud?" showing my work pass again.

"Just round there at the side of the main entrance" said he.

"Fuckin jackpot" I thought to myself. "I'm in"

That "fuckin jackpot" soon turned into "fuckin bastard" as I walked through the door and there was a male & female steward standing behind a table, upon which sat a box of envelopes with names on them. Now I sell adverts for a living, I'm the furthest removed thing from a football writer youll see in your life but by this time I was committed, what was I gonny do, turn & bolt?

"Fuck it" showed the guy my work pass and he starts digging through the envelopes trying to match my name with one of them. "Nope canny find you here".

At this point it was all or nothing... "Has such & such or such & such came in yet" Just a couple of names that I thought would have been there in the press area

"Aye he's come in, come round and we'll find him" so I follow him round and Im thinking, if these 2 names I've just said actually meet me, not only will I get papped out but I'll no have my work to go to on Tuesday. But of course I was a bottle of wine to the good and having gotten so far brimming with confidence.

So we saunter round the corner into what seemed like either a restaurant or just a foyer/milling area. Small round tables with white tablecloths draped on them. Media folk everywhere. I dare not look to see if I recognised any of them and just dipped my head before saying to the steward "excuse me bud I'll need to nip to the toilet I'll catch up with you and such & such in a minute" to my surprise this didnt seem to bother the guy.

Off I dart into the toilet, still keeping the head down and straight into a cubical. Sat on the pan with my trousers still up at my waist for the next ten minutes half blootered taking daft videos and selfies of myself. For whatever reason when I got into the toilet, all the nerves etc. had fucked off and I was in a merry mindset.

So after some time passes I think "right lets go". Head out the cubical and at this point im gallus as fuck washing my hands and that "Im meant to be here" Im saying to myself lol. Anyway, just as I'm leaving the toilet theres a crowd of about 3 or 4 people walking past and through a set of doors. So i just tag on to the back of them and enter again what seems like another foyer area. Then onto another set of doors. Where am i? The fuckin concourse at the rangers end of the south stand haha. Not believing my luck I head for the first exit into the stands I see and down the stairs.

I was near enough right under the control room of hampden and I was in two minds whether to jump the wee barrier bit and disappear into the west stand. 

For whatever reason I stayed where I was, looking back up the stairs I'd come down to make sure there was no angry lookin stewards coming to huckle me.

Turned around at one point maybe about 10 mins before kick off and who do I see coming down towards me grinning like a cheshire cat? Big fuckin calvin fae prestonpans lol!! What a laugh honestly!! I've tried to add him on facebook.

And what a day it was, genuinely one of the best days of my life ever following Rangers, up there wi Manchester easy.

I'm readin this back howling wi laughter it sounds so far fetched but I promise you every word is 100% the truth.

What a day!

He who dares wins.

A mate of mine managed to talk himself into the Press area years ago at a Spain vs Scotland game in Valencia - he found a press badge on the floor, however it was like a "Kirsty Dawnson'.

Ended up getting pissed pictures with Puyol and co.

Great day and memory for the OP and well done :clap:

Me and five mates went to an Everton v Liverpool game back in the day with the expectation that a mate ( a cop!!) would get us in no problem. Well he could only get two of us in and after the straws were drawn the two lucky ones went in. I decided I had to as well. I walked up to a random copper outside the stadium and told him I'd come all the way from Glasgow and when I was looking at my ticket for directions to my area some fucker grabbed it from my hand. He fell for the sob story and got me in.  Everton won 1-0 from an Andy King volley from 20 yards, if I remember correctly. Great day and a wild night in the 'pool as well. 

16 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

Snuck in the building at Stirling Albion away and ended up at the dressing rooms. Papped out and ended up jumping over the big wall into the stadium at the corner flag and getting huckled out and watching the rest from on top of a bin.

:lol: