Arnold Peralta

The Beast

As we all know Arnold was murdered in his native Honduras five months ago. Many of us saw Arnold's widow tweet her congratulations after we secured promotion.

As first suggested by another RM member (I can't remember who sorry), it would be a magnificent gesture if Arnold's family were brought over to Scotland for a Rangers game and given a VIP trip in memory of one of our own.

I'd like to propose that a small portion of the RFFF is used for this.

I know this is not what the fund was set up for but the gesture that the trip was paid for by ordinary fans would surely mean so much to his family. Of course if the club contributed then that would be most welcome.

I don't know what the process is to request something from the RFFF (or even if such a process exists) but maybe someone on here does and will advise how this can be achieved.

Edit: this was bombaybadboy08's idea so all credit goes to him.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There are loads of websites hosting such activities, this is just one example.  http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/

I really don't want this to turn into another RFFF, the existing fund has something like £600k in the bank so why not use a small part of this?  It would mean more to me than a unnecessary stand at Auchenhowie.

Just now, The Beast said:

I really don't want this to turn into another RFFF, the existing fund has something like £600k in the bank so why not use a small part of this?  It would mean more to me than a unnecessary stand at Auchenhowie.

No problem.  I thought you were actually looking for a crowd funding website.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

No problem.  I thought you were actually looking for a crowd funding website.

Sorry mate, I'm just a guy on a forum voicing someone else's good idea. If this could happen then I don't care how the funding is sourced.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

As we all know Arnold was murdered in his native Honduras five months ago. Many of us saw Arnold's widow tweet her congratulations after we secured promotion.

As first suggested by another RM member (I can't remember who sorry), it would be a magnificent gesture if Arnold's family were brought over to Scotland for a Rangers game and given a VIP trip in memory of one of our own.

I'd like to propose that a small portion of the RFFF is used for this.

I know this is not what the fund was set up for but the gesture that the trip was paid for by ordinary fans would surely mean so much to his family. Of course if the club contributed then that would be most welcome.

I don't know what the process is to request something from the RFFF (or even if such a process exists) but maybe someone on here does and will advise how this can be achieved.

Edit: this was bombaybadboy08's idea so all credit goes to him.

An absolutely excellent idea which I'd back 100%, and I know time is tight but if we could do it for the Cup Final.  

Failing that the first game of next season when we are back in the top flight after all Arnold played a part in us being where we belong and no one deserves the death that poor lad got,  

1 hour ago, boyd09 said:

Think that's a great idea. Although it would be more fitting if the board of directors organised and paid for it. 

Actually I think it is better and would mean more to the family if it came from the fans.

Thinking out loud,   If you read this and know Jim Hannah, could we try to get this organized, just a quick email to at least gauge his feelings.

7 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Rather than spending money bringing them over would just giving them the money not be a better idea?

They have lost the main bread winner in the family at a young age who i wouldn't think has made millions from football and will need financial support in the future.

Aye they'll live happily ever after on the  few grand it would take to fly them over

Why not have the club arrange a pre-season friendly/testimonial match for Arnold at Ibrox - say Arsenal.
After only necessary expenses are attended to, all other proceeds go to his wife and family.

Club wins, fans win and Arnold's family win.

Absolutely first class act of kindness to the family and a token of appreciation from the Rangers family. Did say at the time that it would be a great gesture to bring his family over for them to see where he was "so happy" and iirc that Arnold said these words himself. If this gets off the ground and the people who organise this get in touch by pm I will give a donation. 

1 hour ago, 72barca said:

Why not have the club arrange a pre-season friendly/testimonial match for Arnold at Ibrox - say Arsenal.
After only necessary expenses are attended to, all other proceeds go to his wife and family.

Club wins, fans win and Arnold's family win.

We have some downtime between the last league game and the SC final and could be a win win all round.