John fleck

rossj6

Having had a read through the coventry telegraph, it seems that fleck is keeping his options opened for next season, stating family is the main reason behind his next move. Also noticed that his house is up for sale down here. Could it be that he's coming back ??? 

Traitor! Walked away!! Blah blah blah etc.

Seriously i would have him back, has been one if their best players and would suit the way we play, and he's still young.

When he left it wasn't as if he was a mainstay of our team so was no major loss and his reputation had dwindled so we never lost out in millions for him.

I don't rate him. Don't remember him doing anything great last time he was here, but I've got a shocking memory, so he could've been anything.

I'm also not too keen on ex-players coming back to the club, they're never as good as you thought they were, Kenny Miller being an exception.

Not a clue if he's coming back or not, but if he does, it won't be because he's an ex player, it will be because Warburton rates him on his performances down south, that is the difference in how we do things now, if it doesn't benefit the club,it won't happen.

I don't think we are in a position to be too choosy. We have a budget of loose-change compared to some other teams and can't afford to throw money away. If he's good enough, has the right attitude, and cheap enough MW will bring him back. I trust Warburton's judgement over any internet poster. Obviously a lot of bears will be pissed off at him for past actions. I can understand this attitude for sure. I can also understand that a players career is short. They need to make a decent living from the game if possible.

Saying all that we have to remember we are entering the silly season of transfer reporting. Half these stories touted in the media are made-up nonsense by players agents in order to put their player in the shop window.

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If he hadn't played for us before people would be saying its a no brainier.

I doubt it will happen but it would be a very Warburton-esque signing.

Agreed, he's still young and by all accounts he's been one of their better players in a team just outside the playoff places in League1 - the league above where the Accrington Stanley boys play yet people are creaming themselves over those two. I personally don't think it should happen but it's not as bad an option as some make out (if the attitude has improved). Very few returners work out second time around, Miller is one of the few. 

Mentioned him in the suggestion thread a few weeks back and got roasted for it !!

I’ve been keeping an eye on his progress over the past 4 years and the transformation in his attitude and ability has been impressive.  On the park he has matured into a composed, tactical midfielder who has the ability to control the pace and tempo of a game.  I watched him the cup against a strong Arsenal midfield and his performance that day reminded me of a young Barry Ferguson. 

For me he is exactly the type of player Warburton wants at the club.  He’s still young (only 24) so has a long career still ahead of him, he is versatile, he has great technical ability and he also has something to prove (mostly to the doubters in Scotland) add to that the ambition to one day play international football.

And the best part of all …. He’s FREE !!