Daily record story about 18 arrest have blurred out some words

j1mgg

I see the online daily record have blurred out H** in the Tim's banner today when showing a picture of it, which I believe wasn't done in publications yesterday, but they have outdone themselves today and also blurred out peadophiles in our banner, which may even lead you to believe we had a banned word on our banner when we didn't.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiment.

However, I agree with Adrian Durham on this in that neither of those banners belong at a football match. Both sets of  banner makers engaged in an unseemly " race to the bottom" to try and be the most offensive with their banners and I dont think either is warranted at football regardless if one has a banned word on in and one doesn't.

I always feel that if you give the cellic fans enough rope they will hang themselves. So instead of trying to compete with the utter shite they come out with, we have to be more original. For example, if we hadn't had our banner and therefore given the press no cause to attach a moral equivalence to both banners (rightly or wrongly) all the negative press would have been on their banner and their behavior. Instead, we provide ammo to the press to allow them to treat it as "both are as bad as one another" and we have Durham having to critisise both sets of supporters in a national column.

If we start to think and act a little smarter we could use the national coverage Durham gets in a really positive way for the club - and in a really negative way for Cellic. Thats what MW is trying to do by going direct to Talksport for interviews. I dont think a banner competition to see who can sink the lowest is the way forward in that respect.

Anyone who thinks using as a point scoring tool is acceptable needs to take a good look in the mirror.  The people who made that banner let themselves and, more importantly, the club down. 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

However, I agree with Adrian Durham on this in that neither of those banners belong at a football match. Both sets of  banner makers engaged in an unseemly " race to the bottom" to try and be the most offensive with their banners and I dont think either is warranted at football regardless if one has a banned word on in and one doesn't.

I always feel that if you give the cellic fans enough rope they will hang themselves. So instead of trying to compete with the utter shite they come out with, we have to be more original. For example, if we hadn't had our banner and therefore given the press no cause to attach a moral equivalence to both banners (rightly or wrongly) all the negative press would have been on their banner and their behavior. Instead, we provide ammo to the press to allow them to treat it as "both are as bad as one another" and we have Durham having to critisise both sets of supporters in a national column.

If we start to think and act a little smarter we could use the national coverage Durham gets in a really positive way for the club - and in a really negative way for Cellic. Thats what MW is trying to do by going direct to Talksport for interviews. I dont think a banner competition to see who can sink the lowest is the way forward in that respect.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Our fans conduct themselves in such a manner im proud to be a bluenose.  Over the course of the last 4 years we have constantly sold out Ibrox and most away stadiums, made the most noise and passionately followed the team no matter the circumstances.

Our banner was pointless and went down to "their level".  We are better than that and always will be.  Leave the printing of shyte scummy banners down to them!

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Well said mate , agree with every word :541:

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Like the sentiment of your post Cushy but had our Fans not had their banner on display would the tarriers banner have even been mentioned by the mhedia?.I doubt it.

I think they would have to be honest. This was screened to 100 Million people. Its not something easily subdued by a local press corps. A little word in someone like Durhams ear would have done the job easily, in my opinion.

So 18 arrests then? That will give the Scottish goverment something to moan about,bigotry and terrible sectarian behaviour has no place in Scottish society these days etc etc......

Meanwhile they subsidise T-in the park and promote the wonderful event etc etc.....

T in the park had 54 arrests last year(18 per day) and also a death from overdose and reports of an attempted rape on the campsite.

3 minutes ago, UpStepsTheHammer said:

Anybody who thinks that if we hadn't had a banner and that they would have been vilified in the media are seriously deluded!

Take it you don't know about the media bias that exists in this country...

I am well aware of the media bias in this country. However, our media are a tiny part of the story. The banners were talked about nationally (and probably internationally) and that should be our audience. 

43 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

THIS

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So 18 arrests then? That will give the Scottish goverment something to moan about,bigotry and terrible sectarian behaviour has no place in Scottish society these days etc etc......

Meanwhile they subsidise T-in the park and promote the wonderful event etc etc.....

T in the park had 54 arrests last year(18 per day) and also a death from overdose and reports of an attempted rape on the campsite.

Scott Brown was raped on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

aye but....sectarianism is the scourge of scottish society so it is....

or maybe, anywhere you get drink and crowds, you also get your share of idiots.

33 minutes ago, TheMurray83 said:

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Our fans conduct themselves in such a manner im proud to be a bluenose.  Over the course of the last 4 years we have constantly sold out Ibrox and most away stadiums, made the most noise and passionately followed the team no matter the circumstances.

Our banner was pointless and went down to "their level".  We are better than that and always will be.  Leave the printing of shyte scummy banners down to them!

A massive own-goal in my book!  A friend of mine who was sitting with the directors said that they thought so too.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

aye but....sectarianism is the scourge of scottish society so it is....

or maybe, anywhere you get drink and crowds, you also get your share of idiots.

Aye but they think of they move it to mid-day on a Sunday that there shouldn't be drink involved.

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I am well aware of the media bias in this country. However, our media are a tiny part of the story. The banners were talked about nationally (and probably internationally) and that should be our audience. 

You say the banners are probably talked about internationally. Well that is a good thing as people will maybe ask why we had the banner up. Then be told the truth about that disgusting club and how they sweep everything under the carpet.

2 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

You say the banners are probably talked about internationally. Well that is a good thing as people will maybe ask why we had the banner up. Then be told the truth about that disgusting club and how they sweep everything under the carpet.

Ain't ever gonna happen mate.  I really think we should drop this line of attack and concentrate on them just being shite at football. 

Or let me re-phrase that - let's just concentrate on US being GREAT at football!

Just my opinion mind.....

25 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

Ain't ever gonna happen mate.  I really think we should drop this line of attack and concentrate on them just being shite at football. 

Or let me re-phrase that - let's just concentrate on US being GREAT at football!

Just my opinion mind.....

And you.