Defence needs sorted.

GTMLivo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to have a bit of Amoruso about them.....when they stick to defending and concentrate they're pretty solid but then they believe they are better than they are, lose concentration and we get punished heavily. Sick to death of teams taking their very few chances against us and scoring with them and us having 60%odd possession and having 4 shots at goal all night

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

You mean the defence that's no had a break?

2 of 3 of them played 120 minutes plus penalties. Another was off injured. 

No-one was saying how bad they were against septic.

kiernan had a lapse in concentration, Wes took a bad touch and the third was undefendable

3 goals conceded in 4 of the past 5 league games. Hibs played 120 mins the day before us with 4 out of 4 defenders playing 120 mins.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Seem to have a bit of Amoruso about them.....when they stick to defending and concentrate they're pretty solid but then they believe they are better than they are, lose concentration and we get punished heavily. Sick to death of teams taking their very few chances against us and scoring with them and us having 60%odd possession and having 4 shots at goal all night

This in spades

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

Oh my.

You dont think that is worth anything? We played our biggest rivals.. a game that was played at an incredible pace and we gave it our all. We looked like a team that was fatigued mentally, more than anything. We are very fit.. probably the fittest team in the UK, but when you are mentally drained, there is very little you can do. Lapses of concentration will happen. I feel that that is exactly what happened.

Fuck up, it makes a difference. A day n a halve to rest and a day to train. 

Also, they weren't playing the best of teams, in fact they were playing a team that is getting relegated, while we were septic. 

How do you know they rested? We were in on Monday and yesterday working. Aye they were playing a shite team but they are also Hibs, 3rd in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You dont think that is worth anything? We played our biggest rivals.. a game that was played at an incredible pace and we gave it our all. We looked like a team that was fatigued mentally, more than anything. We are very fit.. probably the fittest team in the UK, but when you are mentally drained, there is very little you can do. Lapses of concentration will happen. I feel that that is exactly what happened.

Dont think it would have been anything more that Hibs went through on Sat. Was more to us the fans of course but not the players on the park they didnt exactly stroll it.

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

How do you know they rested? We were in on Monday and yesterday working. Aye they were playing a shite team but they are also Hibs, 3rd in the Championship.

It clearly showed tonight, and of course they were going to take sunday off to relax and get rested. Bit of training on Monday then some more on tuesday. 

Exactly, we played 120 minute against celtic, then trained monday, trained tuesday and then a league game against a strong opponent on wesensday night. 

It clearly showed tonight, and of course they were going to take sunday off to relax and get rested. Bit of training on Monday then some more on tuesday. 

Exactly, we played 120 minute against celtic, then trained monday, trained tuesday and then a league game against a strong opponent on wesensday night. 

Fitness didn't show for me at all we pressed them at the end and looked fit.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

Fitness didn't show for me at all we pressed them at the end and looked fit.

At the end, when they've already got 3 goals and have done the business. They used their fitness in the start and middle. 

Sloppiness showed in our side, you can directly blame Kiernan for the first goal. Given his performance on Sunday though, I'd happily forgive him for it. Because tonight we were playing a league game in a league we've already won. 

I'd rather he and the team reserve their fitness, only doing enough to keep them sharp until the final. 

11 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Stubbs would love that :D