GTMLivo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, _mcv_ said:

Fitness seemed fine to me.

Can't mind if it was Wilson or Kiernan... Was told to get the hivs player marked, but just ignored him.  Halliday was raging.     McCann wasn't happy either.

Wilson. It was the third goal. 

Wes and Kiernan told him to mark the guy that eventually scored the goal. Kiernan stayed with Stokes. Wilson goes the opposite way towards where the ball initially landed. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

At the end, when they've already got 3 goals and have done the business. They used their fitness in the start and middle. 

Sloppiness showed in our side, you can directly blame Kiernan for the first goal. Given his performance on Sunday though, I'd happily forgive him for it. Because tonight we were playing a league game in a league we've already won. 

I'd rather he and the team reserve their fitness, only doing enough to keep them sharp until the final. 

See you are forgiving players for Sunday. Had we got beat would you be saying different? What about the 9 goals in 3 games prior to the Dumbarton game? 

Sunday was no ordinary game. I'm still knackered and I barely kicked a ball ffs. Small squad. Very little rotation. It was always going to tell a tale.

I was critical of Kiernan and Wilson (and Tav's defending) before Sunday but I'm happy to admit I was wrong. They were solid against the Bheasts. Tonight was a bad result but remember that we have a young squad that'll only get better and more solid as time goes on.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

See you are forgiving players for Sunday. Had we got beat would you be saying different? What about the 9 goals in 3 games prior to the Dumbarton game? 

They showed up, they performed and we won. No point arguing, if this had happened/if that had happened. 

So what? We won, we drew and we loss. Winning the league was never in doubt.

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

If you don't think the defence is an issue, you're kidding yourself on tbh. They were great at the weekend but they're so slack at times.

The defense isn't just Kiernan and Wilson. It's Ball, Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier. 

Kiernan and Wilson need cover, but due to our style of play there isn't much we can do in counter attacks because we're so aggressive. 

We do need a new centreback in, and a new defensive midfielder though, to provide that kind of cover and rotation.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

They showed up, they performed and we won. No point arguing, if this had happened/if that had happened. 

The defense isn't just Kiernan and Wilson. It's Ball, Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier. 

Kiernan and Wilson need cover, but due to our style of play there isn't much we can do in counter attacks because we're so aggressive. 

We do need a new centreback in, and a new defensive midfielder though, to provide that kind of cover and rotation.

I know, I agree with all of that. But none of what you've said can be blamed for their three goals tonight.

Just now, the goal machine said:

I know, I agree with all of that. But none of what you've said can be blamed for their three goals tonight.

Of course, First goal completely Kiernans fault

Second is a tough one, maybe if Wes didn't make the jump it wouldn't of gone in but in saying that Stokes should've been shut down

Third one, Wilson didn't go with his mark

I recognize the defense is sloppy and they were poor tonight but they did make important saves and challenges. 

Of course, First goal completely Kiernans fault

Second is a tough one, maybe if Wes didn't make the jump it wouldn't of gone in but in saying that Stokes should've been shut down

Third one, Wilson didn't go with his mark

I recognize the defense is sloppy and they were poor tonight but they did make important saves and challenges. 

Yeah, I don't want to be too harsh because they stood up magnificently on Sunday but if we could cut out those mistakes and get a proper DM we'll be that much stronger than we already are.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Mental fitness is just as important. We looked mentally fatigued... not as sharp. This is when you make silly mistakes.

Aye we defo looked on another planet from Sunday. Movement upfront was abismal all the Hibs defence had to do was keep there line and shape and we didnt look like getting in behind them. But on the other hand we should have been buzzing.

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Keirnan and Wilson just need to do their job. .They made a few mistakes tonight, but two of the goals were directly down to them and the other the keeper. They both put in a decent show gainst the scum but overall, they are inconsistent and just not of the quality that we need.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Keirnan and Wilson just need to do their job. .They made a few mistakes tonight, but two of the goals were directly down to them and the other the keeper. They both put in a decent show gainst the scum but overall, they are inconsistent and just not of the quality that we need.

Pretty much yeah, Kiernan usually has sharpness but his mistakes always seems to result in conceded goals. 

I'd give Kiernan a go before Wilson, because for me Kiernan shows a lot more aggression that's needed in a centrehalf. I think with a new centrehalf partner he could be a lot more solid than he already is. Wilson to me at times looks like he doesn't even listen to him. As evidenced tonight. 

Pretty much yeah, Kiernan usually has sharpness but his mistakes always seems to result in conceded goals. 

I'd give Kiernan a go before Wilson, because for me Kiernan shows a lot more aggression that's needed in a centrehalf. I think with a new centrehalf partner he could be a lot more solid than he already is. Wilson to me at times looks like he doesn't even listen to him. As evidenced tonight. 

Did you not tell me to fuck up earlier for saying the defence isnt good enough then say yourself there that the defence isnt good enough?

18 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

The league is over, nothing left to play for. What is there to be motivated for?

Calm down.

Would be a good point if their woeful defending hadn't stopped us winning the league earlier than we did.

The defence is the only area of the team I take issue with, they really are shambolic at times and it definitely does need addressed, not sure why anyone would try and deny that. With an improved defence we will be absolutely solid and I'm sure it will be looked at in the summer. 

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

Did you not tell me to fuck up earlier for saying the defence isnt good enough then say yourself there that the defence isnt good enough?

I'm allowed to cause am Kiernans dad apparently (tu)

If I came across as saying their flawless than i'm sorry. There is issues with it but there's more good than bad. 

15 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Aye we defo looked on another planet from Sunday. Movement upfront was abismal all the Hibs defence had to do was keep there line and shape and we didnt look like getting in behind them. But on the other hand we should have been buzzing.

Easier said than done. If you are mentally drained then there is fuck all you can do about it. There simply aint any more juice! Thats exactly what we looked like.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

I'm allowed to cause am Kiernans dad apparently (tu)

If I came across as saying their flawless than i'm sorry. There is issues with it but there's more good than bad. 

I live in the OT so the only offence I'd be taken by is if you called me a muslim. We need strengthened at the back and that was the title of the OP and I and by the looks of it you agree.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Easier said than done. If you are mentally drained then there is fuck all you can do about it. There simply aint any more juice! Thats exactly what we looked like.

As I said though we should have been buzzing. Kenny looked like his usual run all game self and he's almost as old as you!!!

56 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

3 goals conceded in 4 of the past 5 league games. Hibs played 120 mins the day before us with 4 out of 4 defenders playing 120 mins.

Did Hibs play in an Old Firm? Did they play anywhere close to the intensity we played at? No, stupid comparison.