McKay

TheKingObv

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No chance. Not a chance he was. Treated it like training game for most of it. Like most of the team but expected more from the championship winners and timslayers

Who was then? McKay was the only one trying to beat a man or create something. Plus his passing was fantastic as usual.

Really didn't think he did much before his goal, the whole team struggled. Thought we should have changed the side a bit more. 

Take nothing away from the strike though, first class.

Hoping a defeat gives us a bit of a wake up call before the final

3 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Who was then? McKay was the only one trying to beat a man or create something. Plus his passing was fantastic as usual.

Try to beat a man? He sauntered about the park jogging. Beat his man once. 

I think hes a good player but that tonight wasn't good enough. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I think that's harsh. He scored a goal and opened Hibs up twice. Two outstanding passes. Apart from that he was reasonably comfortable in possession for the most part. Unlike most today. Most of the team couldn't pass the ball and had no first touch. Definitely one of the better performers on the day, even if not at his best.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I'd agree, I think he probably was one of our better players, but his job is to create clear cut chances and I don't think he did that. 

Even if he was our best player today, he still wasn't good enough. 

Scored a great goal though and i am a big fan.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He got crowded out at every opportunity and had no help. Your expectations are pretty ridiculous after 120 minutes on Sunday where he was the clear MOTM.

29 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

To think I had written him off, the wee man has knuckled down and has a manager who gives him confidence.

His shooting is ridiculous, I wonder if he's actually stayed behind and practised leathering shots like that.

Aye to get that much power and accuracy without much backlift takes some doing, for a wee guy in all, he'll be looking to get on the free kicks soon.

Liked him at the beginning of the season then went off him a bit with his decision making but if he's the only one in the team willing to break the pass into the goal routine we have and score goals like that he's first on my teamsheet.

4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I'd agree, I think he probably was one of our better players, but his job is to create clear cut chances and I don't think he did that. 

Even if he was our best player today, he still wasn't good enough. 

Scored a great goal though and i am a big fan.

Wasn't good enough? :lol:

McKay, right now has the one thing that every player craves, but very rarely achieves. An end product. His goal away to QoS, and of course his 2 most recent stunners will grab the headlines but for me his passing ability has improved to an astonishing level. The slide rule to Tav and a few others tonight, the dink through to Miller before Miller scored on Sunday were a joy to behold. There are many more and there are also many times he plays the most subtle killer pass it defies belief, and sometimes doesn't even get the credit it deserves. 

His awareness, his vision, his decision making, his choice of pass and the execution really is second to none. Without doubt a genuine star who IMO will only get better and better......