MOH

Camshy

Just now, Inigo said:

Way too early to judge. He needs to improve, but some good raw materials are there. 

Seems like a quiet lad (I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he looks the way he does during celebrations because he doesn't want to be there - he might just be the quieter type that'll take time to feel part of the group). Wouldn't be surprised if he needed a good 6 or 8 months to start showing what he's capable of. 

We must give the coaching staff some time to coax him out of the St Johnstone larval state and into being a Rangers butterfly.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Fair comments but if we've spent half a million to get a player who takes 6-8 months to start playing well, at a club like Rangers then that's not a great deal. We don't have these luxuries - especially next season.

I will admit that he's not had a proper run of games. I don't think he's started 3 times in a row due to cup matches but we still need to see a lot more from him when he does play. Good players can handle that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Was told by Hearts fans and many Rangers fans on here that Ian Black was a fantastic player and was the best midfielder in the SPL out-with the Old firm. Didn't rate him at all and he turned out to be a dreadful signing. Holt a similar type example but the other way about, whilst many on here didn't want to sign an injury prone and 'overrated' Lee Wallace.

Don't always get it right but if you gave me the option between either in Jan or the start of the season I would stand by that Pawlett is the cheaper, more suitable player for our style of play. He's technically better ond more versatile at taking players on. Hopefully I'm wrong and I said we can't fully judge MOH until we see what he offers next year, but I have some concerns over his performances and how his style of play will fit in with Warburton's.

Is Pawlett injury prone? Started 81 games in the last three seasons(101 appearances in total) I know he broke his arm this year, but that injury can happen to any footballer. As far as I'm aware he's had one injury since 2010 that kept him out for just over a month.

I thought Black would do a job for us in the lower leagues :anguish: Always rated Wallace though.

Was just going by what they told me, said he was always in and out of the team. Hes definitely talented but I'm not convinced he would be a cheaper option since we would be dealing with Aberdeen. They're far more bitter than St Johnstone.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Fair comments but if we've spent half a million to get a player who takes 6-8 months to start playing well, at a club like Rangers then that's not a great deal. We don't have these luxuries - especially next season.

I will admit that he's not had a proper run of games. I don't think he's started 3 times in a row due to cup matches but we still need to see a lot more from him when he does play. Good players can handle that.

Depends how good he goes on to become.

My thoughts are that if it is the case that he's quiet, MW and his staff would probably know that from research. It may be that they thought 'get him in now (back in the window) and that gives him the wee bit of time he might need to get attuned'.

If he'd come straight into the top div, I might agree that it might not have been a great deal. But if his settling period is now, and he gives us a good next season, then it'll have worked out alright.

As I say, it'll all depend on what kind of player he goes on to be next season. Which is why I think we need to have patience until then. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Depends how good he goes on to become.

My thoughts are that if it is the case that he's quiet, MW and his staff would probably know that from research. It may be that they thought 'get him in now (back in the window) and that gives him the wee bit of time he might need to get attuned'.

If he'd come straight into the top div, I might agree that it might not have been a great deal. But if his settling period is now, and he gives us a good next season, then it'll have worked out alright.

As I say, it'll all depend on what kind of player he goes on to be next season. Which is why I think we need to have patience until then. 

I think he's in danger of being made a scape goat for last night which is wrong. Going on comments I was hearing from people after the game etc. OK I don't rate him so far and don't think he played well but neither did the whole team. Need to remember that.

Hindsight is a great thing too. I made a thread the other day saying do we change it or go with strongest team to try and destroy them. I plucked for strongest team but after about 20 minutes last night I'm saying to myself Warburton should have changed things and went with a freshened up team. We all know better after the event I suppose.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I think he's in danger of being made a scape goat for last night which is wrong. Going on comments I was hearing from people after the game etc. OK I don't rate him so far and don't think he played well but neither did the whole team. Need to remember that.

Hindsight is a great thing too. I made a thread the other day saying do we change it or go with strongest team to try and destroy them. I plucked for strongest team but after about 20 minutes last night I'm saying to myself Warburton should have changed things and went with a freshened up team. We all know better after the event I suppose.

Yeah. And it is a wee bit dangerous. If he is quiet, becoming a scapegoat won't help. I hope the fans don't start with the groans. Wouldn't help anything. I think we should trust the management to do the right thing regards MOH. And that includes deciding if and when it just isn't going to happen.

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Pawlett is a decent player but there's no-one I can think of currently that plays in Scotland that we should be busting a gut to get in transfer wise to take us to the next level next season. Maybe I'm being unfair or forgetting players but it's not the market we should be looking at.

Would not bust a gut to get him and certainly would not pay over the odds but Cummings would score a ton of goals in our setup.  He us what we need a natural finisher.

17 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

At times looks a bit too greedy to fit in with the team ethos.

People on here writing him off already? FFS! Like Forrester, or insert any players name, all over again. :rolleyes:

A few have done it since the summer.  And continue to do it, we know warbs won't get every signing right but a good preseason and MOH will start the season on fire

He'll make it or he won't. MW has pretty good track record of spotting a player so I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt until next season.

If anyone remembers McCoist or Hateley's first few months at the club they were pretty poor.

I think the real bargains will come from guys in the lower part of the English Championship or League 1.

The way things are structured down there financially and in other ways, it's immensely difficult to get signed by a Premiership club if you are in the 2nd/3rd tiers no matter how much potential you have.

I see that as our goldmine as I'm sure there are many guys in that situation who would be excellent in the SPFL and who MW could develop into top players.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Half a million? Wow, a king's ransom!

He is also the player who ripped us another one!

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Several months? Forrester signed for us on new years eve and started showing his ability in Feb. He hadn't played much in 2015 and was not match fit hence only making sub appearances in Jan.

MOH has played a full season this year and been with us 3 months and not shown much, Forrester and MOH situations are not comparable at all and I can't understand why so many are using it. 

Ok we get it. You don't rate MOH. However, Wilson is still the real dud.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Half a million? Wow, a king's ransom!

He is also the player who ripped us another one!

500k for a St Johnstone player is a lot of money. I don't care if he ripped us in a game - so what? plenty shite players have in the past.

21 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

On what he has shown us so far, what is it about his game that he will offer when he is here longer, and with a pre-season behind him?

Might help if he had a proper centre forward to hit.

Waghorn's absence has hit us quite hard & 6 shots on target in the last 2 games shows that we are lacking a focal point at present (for all Miller's best efforts, he only scored on Sunday because of a massive mistake by Broonaldo).

Just now, HG5 said:

Might help if he had a proper centre forward to hit.

Waghorn's absence has hit us quite hard & 6 shots on target in the last 2 games shows that we are lacking a focal point at present (for all Miller's best efforts, he only scored on Sunday because of a massive mistake by Broonaldo).

That's a good point. I'm growing ever more impatient to see Waghorn playing with both Forrester and O'Halloran, and the rest. One of the disappointments this season is the absence of that forward line.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That's a good point. I'm growing ever more impatient to see Waghorn playing with both Forrester and O'Halloran, and the rest. One of the disappointments this season is the absence of that forward line.

Indeed - nobody's fault really, but between chopping and changing cos folk are cup-tied, then add in a couple of injuries - it can't help.

Like you, I'm itching to see the full strength line-up playing together!:541:

14 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

At least my points are valid, unlike your unhealthy hatred and biased comments towards Wilson. Still waiting on your attempt at explaining how Wilson cost two goals last night!

Unhealthy, biased? Sorry, but the evidence has been there since the start of the season. Maybe you are just in denial.

No need for me to waste my time explaining, as you wouldn't listen. Just watch the highlights and listen to Neil McCann's comments on him. I won't argue with McCann, but I'm sure you can.