****The Official Rangers v Alloa thread****

OceanRain

Waghorn to be on bench hopefully replaces MOH in squad.

Foderingham, Tavernier Wilson Kienan Wallace Zelalem Burt Halliday Mckay Miller King.

Make the subs early on as long as no injuries (touchwood) Shiels get a good run out as well as Clark and get Waghorn 10/15 minutes. Think this will be shiels and Clark last time playing for Rangers at Ibrox and both deserve a good reception. God I cant wait to see captain fantastic lift that trophy

37 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Didn't realise the Alloa badge had a wasp oan steroids on it. 

Alloa didn't display a crest on their jerserys until 1985. They then added the full club title to a second design in 1994, and in 2010 they switched once again to their current badge which - in my opinion - looks absolutely rotten compared to their previous ones.

alloa 1985.gifalloa 1990.png

4 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Alloa didn't display a crest on the jerserys until 1985. They then added the full club title to a second design in 1994, and in 2010 they switched once again to their current badge which - in my opinion - looks absolutely rotten compared to their previous ones.

all of them are shocking haha. A hate wasps, though. 

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Didn't Mark already rule Waghorn out on Monday after initially saying he would feature on Sat?

Anyway I would go with this line-up

Foderingham

Sinnamon Kiernan Wilson Ball

Zelalem Shiels Law

Burt Clark King

Some players badly need a rest and we have a couple of away games coming up next week and weekend.

Saturday "probably" too early meaning chance he could be but doubtful now

5 hours ago, one55 said:

only going because we'll lift the trophy. no doubt we'll struggle against the mighty alloa. aye we beat celtic but we've have looked poor against dumbarton/peterhead and still struggle with hibs. honestly i just want the season to finish already so we can strengthen the team up. we just aren't anywhere good enough to getting far in the premiership right now.

No cunt is beating anyone every week.

Be fucked 

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

What are the stats on title party fixtures at Ibrox? I recall one or two teams turning up to spoil things.

Should be 6-0 on the back of that Hibs result.

Few years ago we fucked a game against Motherwell and they came back and drew 3-3 if I remember right. 

On 21/04/2016 at 3:07 PM, WGOH said:

Few years ago we fucked a game against Motherwell and they came back and drew 3-3 if I remember right. 

On 21/04/2016 at 3:12 PM, Shuggy said:

I recall I think Airdrie winning at one such title party game.

26th April 1975

Rangers 0 - 1 Airdrie

In front of 65,000 fans at Ibrox on the last day of the season, to sour the party atmosphere.

Jock Wallace doesn't look too impressed trooping around the pitch at full time.

RANGERS jock-wallace-and-john-grieg-with-the-scottish-first-division-BJP0P9.jpg

rangers-v-airdrie-0-1-ibrox-glasgow-rangers-captain-john-bjp13c.jpg

rangers-v-airdrie-0-1-ibrox-glasgow-rangers-team-celebrate-BJP137.jpg

angers-v-airdrie-0-1-ibrox-glasgow-rangers-bjp0yd.jpg

trophyrangers-v-airdrie-0-1-ibrox-glasgow-rangers-captain-john-bjp12x.jpg

WALLACE STEIN.jpg

horsegreig.jpg

wallacetrophy.jpg

22 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Wilson Wallace

Shiels Halliday Zelalem

McKay O'Halloran King

That would probably be my team as well, give some players some much needed rest and I think MOH would be far more suited to playing through the middle. Tav and MOH don't suit each others game at all. These are the sort of games that we should be trying to bed MOH and king into the team

On 21/04/2016 at 0:47 PM, OceanRain said:

Alloa didn't display a crest on their jerserys until 1985. They then added the full club title to a second design in 1994, and in 2010 they switched once again to their current badge which - in my opinion - looks absolutely rotten compared to their previous ones.

Their new one looks like a badge for an American basketball team or something, the older ones are actually not bad as well

Arrive Early For Title Party

IBROX Stadium is sold out for tomorrow’s #GoingFor55 title party as the Gers will be presented with the SPFL Championship Trophy following the match against Alloa.

With that in mind, fans are reminded that the stadium will be very busy ahead of the lunchtime kick off and to arrive as early as possible.

Fans within the Govan West Corner, Club Deck and Broomloan Front and Rear in particular should arrive early to ensure you are in your seat for Lee Wallace leading out the Champions for the match.

The Light Blues will be looking to get back to winning ways after defeat to Hibernian during the week, with getting back to action for the first time since their 2-2 draw with Queen of the South at the weekend.

Mark Warburton’s men will be presented with the SPFL Championship trophy after the match at a sold out Ibrox Stadium – so remember to stay in your seat at the end of the match.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/arrive-early-title-party/

1 hour ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

That would probably be my team as well, give some players some much needed rest and I think MOH would be far more suited to playing through the middle. Tav and MOH don't suit each others game at all. These are the sort of games that we should be trying to bed MOH and king into the team

Agree some need a rest, still to see what MOH will bring to the team, doesn't go looking to get involved enough for me, just sits wide waiting to receive the ball and Reg MOH, looks to be more in Tavs way than an asset at times, no point bedding King in, three more games and he's on his way back to Hearts, so unless we are definitely signing him this close season, I would rather see some youth getting a game.

Title Party Programme

TOMORROW’S bumper matchday programme is packed with exclusive interviews and features with your favourite Ibrox stars as they get ready to lift the SPFL Championship trophy and complete the journey back to Scottish football’s top flight.

To mark the special occasion and the club’s stunning title triumph, an 84-page, A4 souvenir programme has been printed – so make sure you get to the stadium early to get your copy.

Inside, chairman Dave King and manager Mark Warburton have penned their thoughts on a memorable campaign and there are exclusive interviews with captain Lee Wallace, Andy Halliday, Rob Kiernan and loan stars Dom Ball and Gedion Zelalem to name just a few.

All the players above, and the manager, took part in an exclusive photoshoot with the Championship trophy for the programme and the shots, taken by club snapper Kirk O’Rourke, are a great addition to the final issue of 2015/16.

We also have an exclusive interviews with both Josh Windass and Matt Crooks who were at the Old Firm Cup semi final and they share their thoughts before joining the Light Blues this summer.

Key players from Warburton’s squad also reflect on different months from the campaign in ‘How The Title Was Won’ while the gaffer himself answers a range of questions from fans for ‘On The Spot’.

With Rangers looking forward to the Scottish Cup Final on May 21, club historian David Mason remembers a crucial Final against Old Firm rivals Celtic and there is loads of info from ‘The Journey’ – including an A to Z of all the players who featured in league games since the club dropped down into the Third Division, a where are they now and much more.

Also in the programme you can read Andy Cameron’s popular column, test your knowledge by answering ‘The Big Quiz’ questions and there is a Junior Gers section with a giant wordsearch to keep young fans puzzled at half time.

All this and much, much more can be found in Saturday’s 84-page title party programme, price £5.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/title-party-programme/