****The Official Rangers v Alloa thread****

OceanRain

Warburton looked really emotional at times there. Have to say I had a wee tear in my eye when Lee lifted the cup, really sunk in how far we've come. Great time to be a Bear. WATP

15 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ally must have spoken to him this week 

I remember my old man taking me and my wee bro to Balloch and being shocked that Ally and Durrant would be sat at the bar drinking with that Walker cunt. Was just after Ally broke his leg, got the Rangers autographs and my little brother chucked the pen at Walker. My old man pretended to be mad at us until we got outside and pissed himself laughing.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Say party time etc all ye want ffs we've not tried a leg since the beat the taigs 

I know the usual blind defenders will say everything is over - it's not 

if you don't want to win every game badly then your no fan IMO 

Over reaction to say we've not tried a leg. The effort is still there, we've just not played well. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers Rab said:

Kiernan has dropped off a bit recently while Wilson has stepped up

Eh. I don't see that .I see Kiernan making the odd mistake but generally our most solid defender .I don't see Wilson doing anything other than mop up or pass the ball forward .We need much more from a centre back than that . queue the  Danny Wilson fan club .

Eh. I don't see that .I see Kiernan making the odd mistake but generally our most solid defender .I don't see Wilson doing anything other than mop up or pass the ball forward .We need much more from a centre back than that . queue the  Danny Wilson fan club .

There's a Danny Wilson fan club?

I kid I kid

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I've been very critical of Wilson this season but for a few weeks now I see kieran making constant mistakes and not being anywhere near as dominant in the air as he used to be

48 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

There's a Danny Wilson fan club?

I kid I kid

I want to like him mate . He oozes class at times when on the ball .However we as bears have been spoiled over the years with the Butcher and Gough  era . They had the vital ingredients ,they could thump and hurt someone in a tackle  .The were a constant threat in the air at set pieces and usually dominant with either centre forward they were playing against .

I see Kiernan moving forward and getting better .I just don't with Wilson .

3 hours ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Credit too Alloa they put in some shift, I sure MW knows what's required for next season.

I remember when Jock Wallace won a treble, and Airdrie beat us on the last game of the season at Ibrox!

I mentioned that game to the folk next to me. It just felt the same as that all over again. Almost 40 years on Jeez Oh!

Well done to everyone connected with the club, back where we belong and although we still have 3 games left buzzing for next season already.

Noticed Cammy Bell and Liam Burt getting medals bit shit if they have to give them back for not playing enough games

Job well done for winning the league and for the majority of the games, winning in style.   Fully deserved to celebrate today.  But about today and recent league games.........

That said it was a piss poor performance today.   The goal we gave away was shocking.  Just shocking.  There is no way we will get away with that sort of slackness next season and in recent league games that sort of slackness has become the norm.  So much for learning to improve in defence.

Great to see two wing players.  Pity they had nobody to aim for once they got into threatening positions.   No centre forward.  Sure there was somebody who seemed from time to time to be about playing through the middle but that was confused by what seemed to me to be a lot of aimless running about in spaces not designed to present a goal threat.   Poor.   Even when Miller came on it wasn't much better.  

Missing a penalty.  Well it happens.   Might be more sympathy if missed in a big game with a heap of pressure on the penalty taker.   But at home against relegated Alloa when the pressure is much less, the sun is shining and the crowd are just willing you to step up and score.   Poor.  Far too casual.

Zelalem.   Saw more of the ball than any other player on the pitch.   Did nothing with it that created a goal threat.   Nothing.   Passed it along the way, passed it back the way.  Passed it short forward.   But cutting through tight defence?  Not once.   Sure he often as not found a blue-shirted player.  But so what if there is no decisive end product.  Work rate poor.  Jogs back to defend.  Powder puff shooting.   Clumsy tackler,   How he is getting a game ahead of Law is a mystery.   Law must be really out of favour with MW for Zelalem to be starting ahead of him.   If he starts against Hibs in the final I'd say we'd be effectively starting the game with 10 men,   I really do hope he goes on to become a great footballer but from a promising start at Ibrox he has faded away badly - and visibly.

MW said in his post match interview that we huffed and puffed.   Huffed maybe but not even puff as far as I could see.  The performance was that weak.   He also acknowledge we'd no creativity / spark.   How very true.   The reason we went away happy because there was a celebration to be had about winning the league.   That was the only reason to celebrate today.  Damn good reason though.

But even in celebrating I thought it was a bit muted.   Some left at the final whistle.  Amazing.   Others left before the lap of honour was completed.   Even more amazing.     Almost as if it was a bit of a duty celebration and saving the real joy for 55.     And for 55 this team will need some meaningful revamping.  Huffing to a 1-1 at home to relegated Alloa is not a good place to be and only outweighed (massively admittedly) by lifting the cup as league Champions.

2 hours ago, Orryy said:

Brilliant day at Ibrox the day, Zelalem looked very confident in the middle just unfortunate to not get a bit of luck with his shots 

Bit of luck. 

The guy couldn't hit Ibrox from the Rangers shop.

The 90th minute balloon over the bar was appalling.

He may well turn out to be a player but goals won't be his thing.