Ballot For Final

That's shite for people who got a ticket for the semi. How can you punish someone for being successful in a random ballot?!

Absolute nonsense. People turning round and saying ahwell least it gives people who missed the semi a chance, if they cared that much they should have ticked the box at the beginning of the season. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

That's shite for people who got a ticket for the semi. How can you punish someone for being successful in a random ballot?!

Absolute nonsense. People turning round and saying ahwell least it gives people who missed the semi a chance, if they cared that much they should have ticked the box at the beginning of the season. 

Same for the ones you say are being punished. Tick the box!

No one is being punished, it's trying to spread the chances of seeing Rangers at Hampden across the support. How does watching us beat the taigs in the semi final equate as part of a punishment?

There were people who didn't get a ticket in the ballot for the semi who still managed to sort a ticket. So chances are there will be people not in this ballot who will still get a ticket.

14 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I had not missed a cup or home game all season and didnt get a ticket in the two ballot and glory hunters got one. Lucky for me my boss couldnt go and I got his, this time I might actual have a chance of get a ticket for the final as most the glory hunters wont go.

Just out of curiosity, if you go to every game (no reason to doubt you by the way) why do you not tick the relevant  boxes ? I honesty can't understand people who never miss a game yet when this comes up nearly every season for us they are surprised when demand for tickets mean they could miss out. 

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

No one is being punished, it's trying to spread the chances of seeing Rangers at Hampden across the support. How does watching us beat the taigs in the semi final equate as a punishment?

There were people who didn't get a ticket in the ballot for the semi who still managed to sort a ticket. So chances are there will be people not in this ballot who will still get a ticket.

It was a ballot and sadly the folk who lost out weren't punished it's just what happens.

I wonder if for example between supporters buses and cccs next season we have 8000 on it and 5000 get tickets for Pittodrie then the next time round it's 5000 again how do they decide which 3000 should miss out from the first time round?

It's a ballot all in and best of luck 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

It was a ballot and sadly the folk who lost out weren't punished it's just what happens.

I wonder if for example between supporters buses and cccs next season we have 8000 on it and 5000 get tickets for Pittodrie then the next time round it's 5000 again how do they decide which 3000 should miss out from the first time round?

Like I said I understand. 

Point is there are people unhappy it's this way and there would be people unhappy who miss out on both the other way. Either way there is hard feelings for some.

Is it not fairer everyone gets to either the semi against the taigs or the final against hivs than some get neither? IMO, yes. But I do understand the other way of thinking.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Just the way it goes mate. As you know Davie me and Amanda have only missed a handful of games over the last 4 years when some of our away allocations where ridiculous, but if you do everything you possibly can to guarantee you the best chance of a ticket more often than not you'll get one. 

3 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Just the way it goes mate. As you know Davie me and Amanda have only missed a handful of games over the last 4 years when some of our away allocations where ridiculous, but if you do everything you possibly can to guarantee you the best chance of a ticket more often than not you'll get one. 

Well last season at motherwell was prime example. Yous got their in the end up for the Rangers end but accepted like others it's a draw and you get lucky or you don't 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This is the correct thing to do. 

All season ticket holders outside of the cccs and supporters clubs are equal, people trying to argue case for going to both are selfish.

Means more fans get to hampden. 

Selfish? It doesn't affect me but looking in from the outside it's unfair that because people got the SF tickets they're excluded from the final. It happens on the cccs I know folk who got none of the 4 Dumbarton away games whilst others got 3 of the 4 some got 1 and others 2. 

It's a ballot for a reason 

So I'm fucked for a final ticket. All because I went to every cup match and was lucky enough to get a brief in the semi ballot. Yeah thanks rangers fuckin over the loyal fans again. I shouldn't be surprised after the open door to the directors box for the boycotting scum while us that kept the lights on were ignored. No illwill to the fans who get but ffs rangers. 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Selfish? It doesn't affect me but looking in from the outside it's unfair that because people got the SF tickets they're excluded from the final. It happens on the cccs I know folk who got none of the 4 Dumbarton away games whilst others got 3 of the 4 some got 1 and others 2. 

It's a ballot for a reason 

It is, people claiming I got tim ticket n deserve a ticket are greedy. 

By splitting it this way more people get the chance, it's democracy, just selfish counts can't see it. 

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It is, people claiming I got tim ticket n deserve a ticket are greedy. 

By splitting it this way more people get the chance, it's democracy, just selfish counts can't see it. 

Those who got tarrier tickets still deserve a chance 

I honestly think that if u have a ST for ur club then u should be guaranteed a ticket for any game at hampden. It should be done as a wee reward for buying a ST instead of being left out for ppl who only go and watch their team when they are doing ok. There's no way this amount of us should be sitting in the house watching it while 14000 hibs fans who are rarely at Easter road get to go, it's a nonsense and can't believe we didn't push for a more favourable split. 

7 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Then, should people of been asked if they would prefer to go into the ballot for the semi final, or hold out and go into the one for the final if we got there.

Aye, coz they'd have turned down an old firm ticket. :pipe:

40 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This is the correct thing to do. 

All season ticket holders outside of the cccs and supporters clubs are equal, people trying to argue case for going to both are selfish.

Means more fans get to hampden. 

If all season ticket holders outside of the cccs and supporters clubs are equal,why do some of these people have the chance to get a chance of a ticket for the final yet the rest of these people are effectively banned. In what way is that 'equal'?

21 minutes ago, bluegecko said:

So I'm fucked for a final ticket. All because I went to every cup match and was lucky enough to get a brief in the semi ballot. Yeah thanks rangers fuckin over the loyal fans again. I shouldn't be surprised after the open door to the directors box for the boycotting scum while us that kept the lights on were ignored. No illwill to the fans who get but ffs rangers. 

Well I have a season ticket, wen't to every cup match and did not tick the box as they say, so lost out in ballot for Celtic game, was happy enough for fellow Bears who got to the semi and did not moan about it.  I class myself as a loyal fan and appreciate that everyone cannot get tickets due to the size of our support and the demand. Stop moaning, you have done well and you got to see a great result against them.  I might even miss out in this ballot, if so then it is tv again. Your club are not 'fuckin over' loyal fans!