Worst Football Songs

Ger77

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

Glasgow Rangers champions, stand up for the champions and all the other championee shite were singing recently.  I cringe at it, we're not champions we've won a diddy league we should have won last year.  Next season WHEN we do win the top flight I'll be singing those songs louder than anyone, but not for me just now.

It is a bit of a cringe, but we can only win whatever league we're in, and if we do, we are the Champions of that league.

We should be rolling out some of the older songs, like:- 'When the 'Gers go up to lift the Scottish cup, we'll be there, we'll be there'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Ger77 said:

On Wednesday at Easter Road, I heard some our fans singing a song about Jason Holt to the tune of 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet and it got me thinking, What are the football songs that make you cringe?

I detest that dohA Deer Pish that they sing at Scotland games.

That holt song is the most embarrassing thing I've heard in all my life

4 hours ago, Shibbo Liff said:

Another 70s favourite of mine with that tune...but you seem to have the lyric confused with something else.

No no. The lyrics are We are the Billy boys, you'll notice by our noise. We go wild, wild, wild...We go wild, wild, wild. Repeat 

13 hours ago, Rangers Rab said:

Sorry id already written it

image.jpeg

I'm still not convinced. Only celtic fans write landscape on A5 notepad paper!!!!

Back on topic, I always hated anything to the tune of that France 98 song, or hey baby/ohh ahh pish from 2001. And any song that has no meaning or context at a football ground (Stoke singing Delilah for example).

Most of the daft chants from the ub like na na na na hey hey hey glasgow rangers

oh ohhhhh soopa rangers

that fuckin billy boys wild wild wild

heard boys on the underfround doing an achy brakey one yesterday - were going on a tour, a european tour, i just dont think you'll understand, were going on the gear, with warburton and weir and your gonna have a riot on your hands - made me chuckle

have to admit to enjoying the holt one a few times this year, raith rovers namely

21 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Most of the daft chants from the ub like na na na na hey hey hey glasgow rangers

oh ohhhhh soopa rangers

that fuckin billy boys wild wild wild

heard boys on the underfround doing an achy brakey one yesterday - were going on a tour, a european tour, i just dont think you'll understand, were going on the gear, with warburton and weir and your gonna have a riot on your hands - made me chuckle

have to admit to enjoying the holt one a few times this year, raith rovers namely

Super Rangers is good, a like it.

18 hours ago, Ger77 said:

On Wednesday at Easter Road, I heard some our fans singing a song about Jason Holt to the tune of 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet and it got me thinking, What are the football songs that make you cringe?

The Tina Turner pish is the most cringeworthy song in world football... Closely followed by that Depeche Mode shite.

It needs jettisoned, like pronto.

On 4/24/2016 at 8:23 AM, Dietspam said:

No no. The lyrics are We are the Billy boys, you'll notice by our noise. We go wild, wild, wild...We go wild, wild, wild. Repeat 

Sorry to be a Johnny Come Lately on the thread/lyric argument, but that most definitely was NOT the lyric.

If you think that was the 70s lyric, you were on the Eldorado...er,  sorry,  I mean you ARE on the El D.

3 hours ago, Shibbo Liff said:

Sorry to be a Johnny Come Lately on the thread/lyric argument, but that most definitely was NOT the lyric.

If you think that was the 70s lyric, you were on the Eldorado...er,  sorry,  I mean you ARE on the El D.

UB sing the version Dietspam posted.

Bill Struth would be turning in his grave if he heard us singing "Champions, again, ole, ole" or "Glasgow Rangers Champions" after winning this league at the second attempt. We are a British institution and should not be fucking buzzing at winning a second flight title, especially and particularly after last season, regardless of who we had in the dugout or pitch.

I remember going to Parkhead and belting out "Glasgow Rangers Champions" with absolute passion and it felt good. That meant something, this doesn't. It did for Hearts, but not for us. We're Rangers.

I cringe whenever I hear Man United fans singing that song to the tune of "nick, nack, paddy, whack".

"You'll Never Walk Alone" was used by FilmFour for it's British movies advert. That tells you all you need to know about it.

On 4/24/2016 at 9:46 AM, Iguana said:

I'm still not convinced. Only celtic fans write landscape on A5 notepad paper!!!!

Back on topic, I always hated anything to the tune of that France 98 song, or hey baby/ohh ahh pish from 2001. And any song that has no meaning or context at a football ground (Stoke singing Delilah for example).

That's why I don't go a bundle on Penny Arcade..

On 24 April 2016 at 0:24 PM, WadeWilson said:

The Tina Turner pish is the most cringeworthy song in world football... Closely followed by that Depeche Mode shite.

It needs jettisoned, like pronto.

We don't sing Simply the Best in the stands tbf. It's a good traditional one for the players to come out. Just need to go back to the full version though.

Penny Arcade however.... Number of times that was played against Alloa after the final whistle was embarassing

12 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

not heard it for a long time which is great.

i used to cringe at the one that started with.

"if i had the wings of a sparrow"

Still gets an airing at every match in BF1...

If I had the wings of a sparrow

if I had the arse of a crow

I'd fly over parkhead tomorrow

and shite on the bastards below below

Shite on shite on shite on the bastards below .

Fuck all wrong with that.. Always makes my wee lad smile .:lol:

I actually hate how penny arcade has become a complete 'anthem' at Ibrox! 

I didn't mind it when it was being played in the pubs/clubs etc but since it's been played at Ibrox they've just ripped the arse out it and play it at every opportunity and it kind of comes across as a chore for the fans to sing it now rather than getting right into it!