Windass and Crooks goal stats

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That would be an interesting debate, 2 of our best performances this season have been with Ball at DM. Dundee and the scum.

I've not been convinced with Halliday over the season in that role, it's probably the key signing this summer for me, be interesting if Mark sees Crooks filling that role or not.

Ball makes us more defensively solid at DM, but with Andy there I think we are a stronger attacking unit because he offers more. It's horses for courses imo.

I see Crooks as a direct replacement for Ball, able to play CB and DM.

I still expect us to sign another CM, who may fill the DM role more permanently, but wouldn't be surprised if Crooks does the DM job and Andy gets a more forward midfield role.

I live in Exeter currently, so a lot of guys I work with have seen them and/or follow league 2 very keenly.

all I've heard regarding these two is positive words. Both are very raw talents, but everyone I've spoke to is amazed we were able to pick them up on frees.

certainly looks like great business, windass may be more of a squad player to begin with. Think crooks will get a very good shot at holding a starting role

32 minutes ago, Sket said:

Dean Windass and Garth Crooks. Not Rangers class imo.

Deano would score goals for fun. As long as Garth isnt picking the team. 

As for their offspring I believe they were much sought after by Arsenal amongst others.

On 4/24/2016 at 10:52 AM, Sket said:

OMG why are we signing league 2 rejects :(

League 1 really given they will get promoted.

Both players have helped Accrington to a fantastic season and they can seal promotion to League One next week after Windass netted a double in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over Jackie McNamara's York City to take his goal tally for the season to 16.

Coleman still can’t believe Rangers will snap up Windass – son of former Aberdeen star Dean – for nothing in the summer. He said: “It was a fantastic finish from Josh. That’s how good he is and that’s why we’re going to get very underpaid for him.”

:mutley:

• 3 weeks later...