Prem teams

rossj6

As we've seen a lot or possibly every team we've played this season, they've sat in with 10 men behind the ball. Do we expect teams in the prem to follow suit or will they come out and have a go ? 

3 minutes ago, rossj6 said:

As we've seen a lot or possibly every team we've played this season, they've sat in with 10 men behind the ball. Do we expect teams in the prem to follow suit or will they come out and have a go ? 

I think they'll come and have a go until they find out that is the worst tactic to employ against us, perhaps after each teams first or second game against us you'll see a more defensive setup from them.

Celtic tried it against us and look what happened, chasing shadows. Left us so many gaps to pick them off. I just hope we sign a clever number 10 player too make that final pass. Weather that will be windass or not, we'll soon find out. 

St Johnstone dug in and waited to hit on the break and Kilmarnock simply dug in too while Dundee tried to go for it and actually had close to as much possession as us which is rare but they were thrashed for their bravery.

Probably a sign of what's to come in most matches so hopefully we are looking at recruits who have what's required to take advantage of our possession and break down that strategy.

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Teams are forced to play on the break because we keep possession so well. We will need to sharpen up at the back but the signs are good for next year 

I agree.

The major improvement to the system is to get one or two midfielders who can break up attacks, win the ball, and also hold it and pass to our creative midfielders, and mix it when necessary.. This  will help the defence too whilst allowing the more creative players to play more directly and incisively .

I will be expecting a general all round improvement in shooting, set pieces, especially corners, and a bit more direct movement up front, and would expect our already high level of fitness to be a bit better too.

In that sort of scenario it would be suicidal for the lesser Premier teams (all 11 of them ;)) to come at us, so they will try instead to physically upset or even intimidate us (Scott Broon ? :D) , play deep, and will strive to hit us quickly on the break. 

Celtic were forced to play on the counter against us because they got played off the park for the first half. It's going to be exactly the same next year in the prem, I expect the same kind of start to what we had in the championship with teams playing their normal game and getting blown away by us then battening down the hatches for the rest of the season.

I think we'll see a lot of games like yesterdays. Sometimes I think we can be a bit to elaborate by playing one or two extra unnecessary passes. Our style of play also means we will win a lot of corners. We really need to work on them a bit more!