Summer bids for our players

So far Mr Warburton has proved he is quite shrewd in the transfer market, and whilst one or two of our players could be sold for a much increased transfer fee already, I am sure Mr Warburton would use any money coming in to bring in other youngsters or experienced lower division players who could quickly fit in to our system of play.

The squad will stay tightly knit and relatively small, but with more new talent coming in competition would be continuous. 

Win, win for any player coming here. And win,win for us. We improve our qualiity gradually whilst making a profit on the outgoings, whilst our standard increases. 

The only way is up.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Regardless if someone did get sold, just think of the profit we'd actually be making.

Tav, Waggy or holt each would go for 1mil+ easily.

Right there that's a 800k profit from Tav and Waggy and a 935k profit from Holt. 

Great business as been done already :cheers:

And if Barrie McKay continues as he has then he has the look of a potential 2-3 million player at least. Not bad for someone who was out on loan and unable to make the squad last year. :beer1:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

The way the guys talk I highly doubt any of MW signings will leave, especially the ones on the same 3 year contract as him. Like Fod said when MW was apparently linked with Fulham, can't see the manager selling this place and 3 year project then leave before its complete.

Ultimately money will talk. Our players are mostly very young and if given the chance to make an impression in Europe particularly, they will move for big money. Our biggest asset by a mile is our manager, it's keeping him that will be a huge challenge once he feels he's taken it as far as he can.

I certainly hope he stays considerably longer than 3 years as there's a touch of SAF about him. The latter (and most seem to agree with him in coaching circles) is that new Academy and Scouting systems takes 4-5 years to properly implement and refine. This will surely be Warburtons true legacy.

If he leaves a squad brimming in British talent and a healthy budget for his successor, who would deny the man a crack in the EPL with our best wishes. 

2 hours ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

I can't see any teams down south signing them after one season in the Scottish championship. I reckon next season though there could be a bit of interest in our players if they perform to a similar standard. 

I would get them on new deals with minimum transfer fee clauses inserted asap. 

This.

A couple of English Championship clubs might have a sniff at McKay or Tavernier but that will be the limit of it until they perform in the Premiership.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Can't see many being all that interested until they've done it more consistently in the top division tbh. I think we might have more of a problem at the end of next season. 

As long as we sell players with a few years on their contract, so we get a good price, it's all good.

Exactly, imagine claiming some players are worth upwards of £1m just now! :lol:

If form continues into next year, then of course, but now? Nobody is that stupid to pay that kind of money.

2 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Exactly, imagine claiming some players are worth upwards of £1m just now! :lol:

If form continues into next year, then of course, but now? Nobody is that stupid to pay that kind of money.

Brentford paid approx £800k a year ago for Macleod .

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What's so funny?

Norwich paid £1 million for a Falkirk kid 2 years ago. But we can't expect over a million for Wallace or Tav? 

Nope.

We wont receive these kind of bids, and should we, it would be worth taking.

49 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What's so funny?

Norwich paid £1 million for a Falkirk kid 2 years ago. But we can't expect over a million for Wallace or Tav? 

Wilson at one point was worth 1.5 mil, Waggy was worth 1.31 mil, Wallace was worth 2.25 mil, Miller was worth 5.25 mil 

So it's not like we don't already have players that have in the past been worth above 1mil. McKay if he carries on the way he does will definitely be up there with Miller. Likewise with Harry. 

50 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Nope.

We wont receive these kind of bids, and should we, it would be worth taking.

Pish. We should be asking for millions more than they're worth, what's the point in undervaluing our players? We don't have any reason to get rid of them so we should absolutely consider the best we've got to be worth a few million at least. 

12 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Pish. We should be asking for millions more than they're worth, what's the point in undervaluing our players? We don't have any reason to get rid of them so we should absolutely consider the best we've got to be worth a few million at least. 

I am not undervaluing any of our players. I, personally, don't believe we have one worth OVER £1m just yet, but as we prove ourselves even more in a higher division, their values shall also rise.

That is a separate point of what other clubs may actually pay, however, which most people seem to be overlooking. Was Martial worth upwards of £60m? No. Did Manchester United pay that? Yes.

Our players may be flogged for more than one million, but my argument is that it wouldn't represent their true value, and we'd be doing well to get that kind of money in the context of our situation.

Feel free to disagree, that's kind of what this forum is for.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

I dont mind valuing players more than they are worth but £1 million for Jason Holt is ridiculous to even suggest.

An average player in the Scottish Championship.

Just being realistic....

I agree...Gotta be £2 million at least :wink:

54 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Ridicilous to claim no one in the team is worth £1m.

Why do we always under value our own players?

This

Charlie Adam - Rangers -Blackpool   500k

Charlie Adam- Blackpool - Liverpool   9m

Charlie Adam      Liverpool - Stoke      4m

4 hours ago, FSM said:

No offence to them, but Tav, Kiernan and Waghorn's career was going nowhere in England. Now they've arrived at Rangers where they are getting regular first team football, winning medals and trophies, the best chance they will ever have to play Champions League football and (most importantly) the adulation of 50,000 of the world's greatest fans every other week.

Unless they are cash mercenaries (which they don't seem to be) and as long as the club give them a deal they are happy with, then I can't see why they would want to leave just yet.

Same as fraser forrester ? 

We've undervalued our players for years. 

If we had the same PR machine as the tims our squad would be worth about £20mill. Nowhere near their actual valuation but enough hype to get them recognised by the English teams. 

That is the harsh reality of playing in Scotland.

Say Tav is worth 750k just now. Get it in the papers we want £5m, he's unsure if he will sign a new contract, the paper claims Bournemouth are interested, Tav signs a new deal and we get £5m. 

Tarriers are masters at this and I hope we don't think oh we've doubled or trebled our money sell him. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We've undervalued our players for years. 

If we had the same PR machine as the tims our squad would be worth about £20mill. Nowhere near their actual valuation but enough hype to get them recognised by the English teams. 

That is the harsh reality of playing in Scotland.

Say Tav is worth 750k just now. Get it in the papers we want £5m, he's unsure if he will sign a new contract, the paper claims Bournemouth are interested, Tav signs a new deal and we get £5m. 

Tarriers are masters at this and I hope we don't think oh we've doubled or trebled our money sell him. 

And that is what I was alluding to.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Out of curiosity what do you think the 11 next season will be? Do you think Halliday will be starting?

Depends on signings mate, would hope the players we bring in are of a much better level than guys like Holt and Halliday.

Trying to balance being realistic with expectation but i dont even think players like Waghorn should be guaranteed a place never mind poorer players like Halliday.

Whats your thoughts?.