Summer bids for our players

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Pick up on my spelling all you like 

point is doing nothing down south wont stop anyone coming in for players doing well up here 

My point was about their willingness to leave us in the first place, when they've finally found all the stuff they couldn't find in England. Not sure why you had to bring an ex Celtic player into the discussion, there's plenty of ex Rangers players you could have used as an example instead.

Most of the players mentioned in the OP are on contract to Rangers.  I assume after the cup semi final mist will want to play against them next season, most will have heard he talk of 55 and want to be part of a history making side.

What happens on 21 May will also have a massive bearing if these plyers are given an opportunity to savour a taste of Europe.

26 minutes ago, FSM said:

My point was about their willingness to leave us in the first place, when they've finally found all the stuff they couldn't find in England. Not sure why you had to bring an ex Celtic player into the discussion, there's plenty of ex Rangers players you could have used as an example instead.

Have we brought someone in doing nothing in England and sold him for 10 million?? 

Thats why i used him as an example 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Would 55, my point as stated, not be history making?  Celebrations alone would last for weeks.

No arguments there, but getting us back into the league in which we can get 55 is a achievement all 68 Rangers players can be proud of being a part off. 

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

No arguments there, but getting us back into the league in which we can get 55 is a achievement all 68 Rangers players can be proud of being a part off. 

Absolutely was just thinking out loud about why current players would stay....  better for player and club,  as even a couple of European games and a top tier title to go with their Scottish cup medal will look good on their CV AND increase their value.

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Absolutely was just thinking out loud about why current players would stay....  better for player and club,  as even a couple of European games and a top tier title to go with their Scottish cup medal will look good on their CV AND increase their value.

Well, our boys is a bawhair away from Europe. That's why I don't mind them treating the remaining league games with little to no incentive. We've won it after all, take it as training.

So long as their perked up for the 21st to face an opponent that we've beaten before :cheers:

A few of the players values have already increased, Kiernan for example is at his highest value in his whole career along with a few others like Forrester, Wes, Tav and McKay

I don't think we have any irreplaceable players currently in our team. Whoever leaves will just have to be replaced with a similiar player. It's very likely that some of the boys will leave if a good offer comes in but at least they will leave knowing that they would never have got the move without The Rangers

1 hour ago, Vwbear said:

Have we brought someone in doing nothing in England and sold him for 10 million?? 

Thats why i used him as an example 

Not really sure what any of this has to do with my original point about players not wanting to leave because they are happy. You'll be going on about about Gary Hooper next.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

We've undervalued our players for years. 

If we had the same PR machine as the tims our squad would be worth about £20mill. Nowhere near their actual valuation but enough hype to get them recognised by the English teams. 

That is the harsh reality of playing in Scotland.

Say Tav is worth 750k just now. Get it in the papers we want £5m, he's unsure if he will sign a new contract, the paper claims Bournemouth are interested, Tav signs a new deal and we get £5m. 

Tarriers are masters at this and I hope we don't think oh we've doubled or trebled our money sell him. 

Absolutely spot on.

18 minutes ago, FSM said:

Not really sure what any of this has to do with my original point about players not wanting to leave because they are happy. You'll be going on about about Gary Hooper next.

No am not at all don't put words in my mouth 

i made the point that forster had a career going nowhere in England but came up here done well and went for a lot of money regardless of how his career was before he came up here 

so same could be said for tav or waghorn I think teams from down south would like them and offer us good money 

now get that in your head and dont try make me out to be something i am not 

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think we would accept a bid of £2m for some of our players? Would we be correct in doing so?

A bid like that for any of out players i think would be accepted. Thats the nature of the marke we are in. Almost all Championship clubs down south could eclipse what we could offer in wages. 

Natural progression would suggest we will sell at a price that suits us and maybe let go at a price that doesn't. There are a couple of players that i think have question marks against them, we would need to adjust the squad for better players coming in.

As i said a natural progression and nothing against readjusting our squad to suit the next step.

Still not sure we have the defensive balance correct although that may be down to lack of protection in the holding midfield role.

Would need a penalty box player to push Waghorn next season, i can see Kenny playing one more season.

Players out would be those playing from the bench for the most part of the season i would imagine.