We hate them but respect must be shown to Hibs

eejay the dj

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

I don't hate Hibs, they are not relevant enough for such a strong feeling.

Our players need to approach the final as hungrily as they approached the semi, it is a cup, glory and a place in Europe next season, it is a massive prize to run towards, and we should be at maximum effort to attain it.

Plus it gets us out of the ridiculous early group stage of the league cup. 

Fuck Petrie, the Rangers hating bastard and his fucking club along with Stubbs.

Respect is earned not given.

Oh and whilst we're on the subject, I don't want Cummings either for the simple reason we shouldn't be giving that club a penny of ours.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Mate .They are in a final mate .They are relevant

Have played a bunch of teams in finals before without giving them enough notice to hate them. As a club they are too far beneath us for me to sink to caring enough to hate them. Doesn't mean we don't need to be professional and ensure we win every individual and team battle on the day.

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

There are others but this is just typical of Rangers throughout the years .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

Some of who ,just think we have to turn up to pump them .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

Spot on. And as our season tails off, Hivs have it all to play for in the Play Offs. Should they get promoted, their tails will be up.

Even if they failed to do it, then a place in Europe at stake.

Plus the record this season has been 2 home wins and 2 away defeats, with a bizarre 6:2 away cup win thrown in.

We better go into the Final like we did against State Aid FC. Or else.

It's not about Hibs .It's about us and our attitude . Even the last few messages .The arrogance is reeking out .

The warning signs were excused on Wednesday the warning signs were excused yesterday,lets hope we dont have to excuse them after the final.

I repeat what I said after Wednesday's game,I am in no doubt as to what Bobby Shearer and his like would have made of such excuses,excuses were an anathema to them.

I'm confused by people who can't tell the difference between fans on a forum and the staff and players at the club, or even the fans at a game.

If you can't big up your team, and take the piss out of the opposition, on a dedicated Rangers forum why be here? You might as well fuck off to Pie and Bovril or Scotzine and try and make pals with the lowlifes on there, attempting a fair and balanced discussion.

It's like the numpties who go to a Hibs forum expecting to read polite praise for how good our team is. I expect them to be ripping into us.

Oh, and Fuck Hibs.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

It's not about Hibs .It's about us and our attitude . Even the last few messages .The arrogance is reeking out .

Weve shown already this season that we can play when we need to in important games, I have no big fears of the embra junkies and I certainly wont be giving them and their shite fans any respect.

I believe the SCF and last wednesday will be two completely different performances from us.

Totally agree with the OP.  The timing of the cup final is a big disadvantage to us and probably even makes them favourites to win.  Like the OP I've can recall numerous occasions when lack of competitive action for a few weeks beforehand has hampered teams.  

I admire MW greatly and know he will do all in his power to get us up for the final however if one team is keeping match sharp playing competitive games and your not, it's a big disadvantage to overcome IMO.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Totally agree with the OP.  The timing of the cup final is a big disadvantage to us and probably even makes them favourites to win.  Like the OP I've can recall numerous occasions when lack of competitive action for a few weeks beforehand has hampered teams.  

I admire MW greatly and know he will do all in his power to get us up for the final however if one team is keeping match sharp playing competitive games and your not, it's a big disadvantage to overcome IMO.

Hibs are not favourites in any way shape or form :lol:

24 minutes ago, Willis said:

Weve shown already this season that we can play when we need to in important games, I have no big fears of the embra junkies and I certainly wont be giving them and their shite fans any respect.

I believe the SCF and last wednesday will be two completely different performances from us.

To be fair from you .That isn't a surprise .However like a few of you have missed ,it's not a point I make that we should all of a sudden like Hibs .It's more like I think we should respect the importance of the event .And it's Hibs that we will be competing against .

Just now, eejay the dj said:

To be fair from you .That isn't a surprise .However like a few of you have missed ,it's not a point I make that we should all of a sudden like Hibs .It's more like I think we should respect the importance of the event .And it's Hibs that we will be competing against .

I agree to an extent but people give Hibs more credit than they are due just because of the fact theyre one of the bigger clubs in the country

I have to admit it is slightly worrying that of the five times we've played Hibs this season we've only scored first once and if they were to get the opening goal it could be a very frustrating game. Personally, we seem to raise our game when needed and Warburton won't let standards slip for this, so think we will win maybe 2-0 or something. It certainly doesn't help though that were missing a fair few players as well.

15 minutes ago, Willis said:

Hibs are not favourites in any way shape or form :lol:

To be honest it doesn't really matter who are favourites, it is what happens on the day that matters.  I think we are easily the better team but that may not be enough if we don't turn up and match their sharpness and desire.