We hate them but respect must be shown to Hibs

eejay the dj

Give them the same respect we gave the other immigrants club in the semi final.  Then as we did in that game, play our way and absolutely run them off the park.  It's not about Hivees, it's all about the Rangers.

As long  as we remain focused and play our brand of football we will win.  No need for us to be part of the media circus that will run for three weeks prior to the game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

There's nothing peculiar to Rangers there.  This is common everywhere at all levels. 

7 hours ago, cumnockbear said:

Not got one ounce of respect for those cunts, their Scottish cup Hoodoo will continue into its 114 year, junkie bastards.

I hope your right CB .It would be a superb day but I still think we need to keep it calm.Lets not get ahead of ourselves .3 weeks without a competitive game .It's unknown territory in my lifetime watching Gers before a Cup final 

47 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Give them the same respect we gave the other immigrants club in the semi final.  Then as we did in that game, play our way and absolutely run them off the park.  It's not about Hivees, it's all about the Rangers.

As long  as we remain focused and play our brand of football we will win.  No need for us to be part of the media circus that will run for three weeks prior to the game.

As usual .Great post mate 

6 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Fuck Petrie, the Rangers hating bastard and his fucking club along with Stubbs.

Respect is earned not given.

Oh and whilst we're on the subject, I don't want Cummings either for the simple reason we shouldn't be giving that club a penny of ours.

I'm with you on all that V .All I've done last 3/4 days is moan about how much I hate Hivs and how much I hate losing to them .As the "drinker " says though .I don't want us getting caught up with the circus that the media will try and create .They will probably try everything to make us look cocky and talk Hivs up .We simply  have to be focused and ready to earn the right to win a famous trophy win .Win this and it will make this season so special .

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

There are others but this is just typical of Rangers throughout the years .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

Some of who ,just think we have to turn up to pump them .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

The years you mention above had crossed my mind.

Better Gers teams than this one have done just the same thing as we've seen in the last couple of games.

Interesting few weeks ahead - we saw how the spoon-burners blew it by having a few days off between the regular season & our play-off ties last season - they were still on the beach!

We could be up against a team with a bit of momentum by the time the final comes around, or one with an even bigger downer if they're already dumped from the play-offs by then.

The SC semi showed how our management can get the team ready for a specific game, but it would be wrong to expect them to be able to turn the form on & off like a switch.

Expect a few twists & turns, between now & May 21st!!!

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

There are others but this is just typical of Rangers throughout the years .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

Some of who ,just think we have to turn up to pump them .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

Well said! 

27 minutes ago, HG5 said:

The years you mention above had crossed my mind.

Better Gers teams than this one have done just the same thing as we've seen in the last couple of games.

Interesting few weeks ahead - we saw how the spoon-burners blew it by having a few days off between the regular season & our play-off ties last season - they were still on the beach!

We could be up against a team with a bit of momentum by the time the final comes around, or one with an even bigger downer if they're already dumped from the play-offs by then.

The SC semi showed how our management can get the team ready for a specific game, but it would be wrong to expect them to be able to turn the form on & off like a switch.

Expect a few twists & turns, between now & May 21st!!!

Great post and I totally agree .This month is going to seem like a long one 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Great post and I totally agree .This month is going to seem like a long one 

Cheers!

Not half, mate!

I expect the Hivs will give us a few laughs along the way, though, if the last few weeks is anything to go by!

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I hope your right CB .It would be a superb day but I still think we need to keep it calm.Lets not get ahead of ourselves .3 weeks without a competitive game .It's unknown territory in my lifetime watching Gers before a Cup final 

Friendlies organised inbetween :wink:

15 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

It would be a total embarrassment and take the shine off the season if we don't beat Hibs in the final. I hope the past two results are being properly analysed and the silly errors are cut out.

We've heard all season that we have learned from bad performances. Let's just hope that this time they HAVE learned and fix our fucking  defence.

No club deserves our respect, especially considering all they said when forcing us out of the top divisions.

We can appreciate how dangerous they may be in our bid to win the Scottish Cup, but they'll be talking themselves up no end with the full support of the rest of Scottish football.

If you cut the head off of one of these hivs junkies you'd seen ingrained in the rings, 'Must beat Rangers, Must beat Rangers. You couldn't get so much hate from any other little provincial club as these counts can give.

I don't say we'll beat them because we're Rangers, I say we'll beat them because the trunk will be talking up his mediocre players to such a point he'll hope he's convinced everyone that listens to the idiot that they'll win.

Us on the other hand will say we'll try our best and that should be good enough.

BTW, If by some miracle hivs get to the Premiership play off final, the 2nd leg is played on the 22nd of May, so they'll be otherwise occupied with that.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:04 AM, Helicopter Sundae said:

Hivs have it all to play for in the Play Offs. Should they get promoted, their tails will be up.

They can't gain promotion before the final because the play off with the second bottom SPL team comes after the final which I feel works in our favour since we will have nothing else to be concerned about.  This is a massive match which we must win to complete the miracle season.

The prospect of Europe at this stage is for me a far more attractive proposition than the actual winning of the cup and I would say that we only have to play to our abilities to beat them because we are a better side.  Hopefully Waghorn and Forrester will both be back in there which should pep things up somewhat.

I feel confident about it as I think the adrenaline and drive will be at the same levels they were for the semi.  The fans know how important this is so a similar semi final level of energy will also be evident in the crowd to drive them on.