We hate them but respect must be shown to Hibs

eejay the dj

The last couple of results have been our own fault.  We haven't been beaten by quality goals or a quality team, it's been our mistakes. If we can cut the slackness, Play the way we do and up the tempo we will be fine. 

We will also be stronger with waggy and hopefully forrester back. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Their record against premiership opposition this season shows they are dangerous as underdogs and that's exactly what they will be on the 21st ... we have to get that edge back or risk disappointment 

And their record against Championship oppostion shows (as pointed out by HG5) that they may be coming into the SC final after a taking a beating from Raith. Wouldn't that be a pity.

Hibs are a good side. They lack consistency over a league season but on their day are capable of beating any team in Scotland. 

They will be at their most dangerous in the cup. We are the better side though and if we play to our capabilities will win. Hopefully Forrester and Waghorn will freshen us up too as both will be champing at the bit hopefully. 

20 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I didn't think too many of us hated Hibs, personally I find their bitterness funny. 

Typical small minded small team mentality, no likin the big teams lol

If it's possible to be even more bitter and twisted than septic then hibs manage it  ... tims without a bus fair just about sums them up lol

7 hours ago, MelbourneBlue said:

And their record against Championship oppostion shows (as pointed out by HG5) that they may be coming into the SC final after a taking a beating from Raith. Wouldn't that be a pity.

So funny if they spent another season down with the stiffs :pipe:

On 4/24/2016 at 2:53 PM, siddiqi_drinker said:

Give them the same respect we gave the other immigrants club in the semi final.  Then as we did in that game, play our way and absolutely run them off the park.  It's not about Hivees, it's all about the Rangers.

As long  as we remain focused and play our brand of football we will win.  No need for us to be part of the media circus that will run for three weeks prior to the game.

See, this is what worries me. We ran the bheggars ragged and were the much better side overall, BUT it still went to penalties and we could still have lost it on the day. We need to be pumped up on the day because HIVs will be gunning hard for the upset. Most importantly of all, we need to make our chances count and not squander them, and our defenders need to be bottle-fed rocket fuel  prior to kickoff to keep them awake for the entirety. Agreed 100% on the media circus - lay low and don't rabbit on senselessly before the match. Take them to the cleaners and talk when the match is won.

On 4/24/2016 at 7:35 AM, eejay the dj said:

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

There are others but this is just typical of Rangers throughout the years .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

Some of who ,just think we have to turn up to pump them .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

Ffs eejay 'respect' !!!??

I know where your're coming from but hivs are the antithesis of the word 'respect'.

There is nothing to respect in their history from a footballing perpective or anything else concerning them.

Should we be wary of the rodent scum, aye.

Should we avoid being complacent, aye.

Are they dangerous if underestimated, aye.

It is possible to be wary, and not underestimate the hivs without giving them respect.

Give 'respect' to those who deserve it, and they don't.

17 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Ffs eejay 'respect' !!!??

I know where your're coming from but hivs are the antithesis of the word 'respect'.

There is nothing to respect in their history from a footballing perpective or anything else concerning them.

Should we be wary of the rodent scum, aye.

Should we avoid being complacent, aye.

Are they dangerous if underestimated, aye.

It is possible to be wary, and not underestimate the hivs without giving them respect.

Give 'respect' to those who deserve it, and they don't.

The title was "we hate Hibs " .What does that tell you bud ? Can you respect a scummy club that we /I hate like s passion .If you read other posts .I meant ,we have to repect that they could turn us over .Respect the event .Respect that we can create special history .

I don't think it's possible to 'hate' and respect something at the same tme.

That the things you hate about the hivs preempt respect.

..eg. if a paedophile lives on your street which you hate, wariness of him is critical but this doen't include respect for him precisely because of what he's done.

Same for the hivs.

What they've done pre-empts any 'respect' - which has nothing to do with being wary of them or the danger of underestimating them.

5 hours ago, baxterboy said:

..eg. if a paedophile lives on your street which you hate, wariness of him is critical but this doen't include respect for him precisely because of what he's done.

Same for the hivs.

What they've done pre-empts any 'respect' - which has nothing to do with being wary of them or the danger of underestimating them.

Jesus fuck .Whatever 

9 hours ago, baxterboy said:

Same for the hivs.

Of course it is. Just look at politicians or soldiers. In a war you can hate your enemy but not respecting them is how you end up dead.

While I disagree with showing Hivs and their fans any respect in the usual sense of the word, we cant go into this expecting an easy game. I dont have respect for hibs but we cant treat them like a bunch of mugs.

I suppose saying we have to see them as serious competition is the same as saying we have to respect them, but im not about to say "we should respect hibs" because theyre scum and I hate them :lol:

6 hours ago, Willis said:

Of course it is. Just look at politicians or soldiers. In a war you can hate your enemy but not respecting them is how you end up dead.

While I disagree with showing Hivs and their fans any respect in the usual sense of the word, we cant go into this expecting an easy game. I dont have respect for hibs but we cant treat them like a bunch of mugs.

I suppose saying we have to see them as serious competition is the same as saying we have to respect them, but im not about to say "we should respect hibs" because theyre scum and I hate them :lol:

Good post Willis . Prick ;-))