We hate them but respect must be shown to Hibs

eejay the dj

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

There are others but this is just typical of Rangers throughout the years .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

Some of who ,just think we have to turn up to pump them .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Been watching bears for over 40odd years .I have come to expect the sort of results like the last two from our club  .

The ones where a league has been won and they totally take the foot off the gas and the party expected becomes such an anti climax .

My mind thinks of 1976 when we won the title .The last game was against Airdrie and we were to pick up trophy  .We expected a party and a good victory .Score 0-1to Airdrie..

89 Season .Last game and picking up trophy . Rangers 0 Aberdeen 3 .The week after. We fuck up possible  treble with 0-1 loss to beggars .Team we pumped 5-1,4-1 and 2-1 and piggery just a month before .

94 season . We have league won in April . We then lose 4/5 games remaining games . We have historic back to back trebles to go for but completely don't turn up for the final and lose 0-1 .

I sincerely hope the Management and players are giving Hibernian fc a lot more respect than many of our own fans .

From experience .This is just a major error of judgement when there is a very important game on the horizon .

There is also the matter of the Hibs Scottish cup hoodoo .It has to end sometime . I think the whole of Scottish football will also be rooting for a Hibs win .

It will be a hard one to take if we turn up complacent and don't show the right attitude and application .

Wise up fellow bears .

The scums semi final hoodoo against us which has stood for 91 years stayed intact so will Hivs record of no SC win for over 100 years. Not because we are complacent but because we are better than them.

Just now, North Antrim Bear said:

Take nothing for granted, get out and support the team. We should beat Hibs convincingly as we're a much better side. Our quality on the day will show and our vastly superior supporters will make a big difference. 

WATP.

Spot on mate. 

As much as I agree we have let standards slip in since the semi final, I have no doubt in the hunger of our team and management to get the job done in the final. It's hard to get yourself motivated once the league is won (I know as professional players it shouldn't be the case) but I honestly believe we will turn it on and win convincingly 

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

The scums semi final hoodoo against us which has stood for 91 years stayed intact so will Hivs record of no SC win for over 100 years. Not because we are complacent but because we are better than them.

But we have to show it on the day.

There is no chance they will line up any different from the other night and we struggled to create a decent chance against a mass defence.

If we score first and they have to come out and play I see us winning comfortably. If not I will take any win.

5 minutes ago, North Antrim Bear said:

Take nothing for granted, get out and support the team. We should beat Hibs convincingly as we're a much better side. Our quality on the day will show and our vastly superior supporters will make a big difference. 

WATP.

Is that not what the beggar scum were thinking and saying before we played them last week??

And we were thinking lets show these fuckers.

I don't hate Hibs, they are not relevant enough for such a strong feeling.

Our players need to approach the final as hungrily as they approached the semi, it is a cup, glory and a place in Europe next season, it is a massive prize to run towards, and we should be at maximum effort to attain it.

18 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

I don't hate Hibs, they are not relevant enough for such a strong feeling.

Our players need to approach the final as hungrily as they approached the semi, it is a cup, glory and a place in Europe next season, it is a massive prize to run towards, and we should be at maximum effort to attain it.

They are in a final mate .They are relevant

I would rather not be overly confident as we aren't guaranteed to win and anything can happen in a one off game. It would just leave us with egg on our face if we were to lose. I would also rather for our players to keep to them self so they don't say anything that will get Hivs fired up, leave that to them!

Was yesterday's performance massively different to the night we won the league at home against Dumbarton?

Was the Hibs defeat that much different to the Falkirk game we lost?

The game last Sunday was outstanding but our form seem to dip funnily enough from the day we drew them in the cup.

The point is I don't think you can put the last two performances purely down to the players attitude or downing tools,I think a combination of inconsistent performance,defensive problems and injuries means the last two results were more likely.

Hopefully we can regain our good form in the next couple of games and I'm sure whatever team the manager puts out in the final the attitude and performance will be as good as last Sunday.

I certainly appreciate what the OP is saying..I do however feel that the combination of the h.i.v.s being disrespectful and at times early on in the Season getting totally carried away with themselves they DESERVE to be dealt with at the Final like the irrelevance and shite hawks bottle merchants that they are....

Rangers will be READY and primed to give them a lesson come May 21st and we can put them and their obsessed and delusional spoon burning support to the back of our minds for a good few seasons to come..Unless we meet them in the Cups of course.

They couldn't sell out their ground at a game they were desperate to win and yet they had players going OTT in celebrations for what was a (for Rangers) meaningless game. Mr Warburton and Mr Weir and the players and staff would have noticed this and I for one am extremely confident (not arrogant) that our path back into Europe will not be derailed by them..  

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Wise up fellow bears .

God you brought back some memories there, the 94 cup final was horrific....-and to top it all off I got married 2 weeks later