****Official Livingston v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

38 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This worries me.

Warburton said Waghorn would be available for the weekend just over a week ago and then he wasn't able to feature. Same for tomorrow night. If he doesn't get at least 30 minutes at St Mirren it will be gamble starting him in the cup final.

I'm sure he said it was because he gave the squad a day off during the week and he was unable to train.

Livingston have Darren Cole available for the visit of champions Rangers in the Ladbrokes Championship after suspension kept him out of the 3-1 defeat from Queen of the South.

Ben Gordon could return after injury, but Gary Glen remains sidelined with a groin problem.

Manager David Hopkin said: "We know what we need to do to survive. We wanted to put pressure on Dumbarton by winning this game, however that chance has gone now.

"We did well the last time Rangers played here and secured a draw. We need to get into that form for the play-offs."

Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn is set to return for clash with St Mirren on Sunday but the game at Livingston comes too soon.

The Englishman will make his comeback from a knee injury in Paisley with a view to the William Hill Scottish Cup final against Hibernian at Hampden Park on May 21.

Harry Forrester (broken leg) and long-term absentee David Templeton (knee) remain out.

http://www.football.co.uk/livingston/livingston-v-rangers-at-energy-assets-arena-match-preview/7489229/

Wes

Tav  Kiernan  Wilson  Wallace

Halliday Holt  Zelalem/Burt

King    MOH      Mckay

3-0 (Tav,Holt,mckay)

Foderingham

Tavernier  Kiernan  Wilson Wallace

Halliday

Holt         Shiels

King      Miller       Mckay

Need to get back to winning ways asap. Shiels may be called upon for final again so we should give him game time. Maybe even drop King and give Zelalem or Clarke a start for the same reason. 

Sounds like it's too soon for Waggy which is a shame. 

20 hours ago, KingKirk said:

just win please. I also hope hibs fuck it v Dumbarton. To get promotion they'd need to play 5games before the cup final.. Gotta have a effect

play offs dates before final

4th,7th,11th,14th 17th

I'm sure the final is two legs as well, which means if they did get that far, they'd be due to play the 2nd leg on 22nd May, which obviously would be postponed to the Wednesday or so, but it would still be on their minds, or what passes for minds when you're a hivs hacker.:thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I'm sure the final is two legs as well, which means if they did get that far, they'd be due to play the 2nd leg on 22nd May, which obviously would be postponed to the Wednesday or so, but it would still be on their minds, or what passes for minds when you're a hivs hacker.:thumbup:

final is the 17th-25th may moved because of cup final hopefully if they get through both ties before the play off final it's with extra time. I certainly think its gonna have a effect on the final regardless