Keech Jackson in talking shite shocker

Virtuoso

4 minutes ago, minstral said:

When King spouted all this pish about 30 million to spend, it was to get all the hired hands on board, that would do all his dirty work for him. They all caused as much trouble as possible, which worked, and King ended up where he is, job done.

Of course it was. It was nothing more than hollow soundbites and appeasement.

The issue is though, that if or when any substantial investment is needed and isn't forthcoming then questions will be asked and those responsible for shoehorning him in should be taken to task for it.

It's a statement that's going to continually haunt him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson and the DR always have headlines to pull the readers in and sell papers it's what they do.

King knows what needs to be done as well as MW and needs to give cash for players as the fans will demand this as well.

The good thing with Mark is he goes for players that are young fit unknown and they want to step up .They know when they are with us everybody will know who they are which is good for both us and the player. So he gets more value for the money than before were we spent big for has beens .Hopefully with the wage bill from the time wasters we get rid of will also free up funds .

Given the way MW has went about his business with the type of player he has brought in and given the fact that a number of high wage earners are going to be disappearing: do we actually need to increase the player wage budget significantly? or is this just a little bit of shit stirring from our courageous journalists?

I am all for holding DK to account (whatever that actually means), but some of his soundbites were in the realms of fantasy -  a wage bill of £18M when the clubs turnover is £16M? do me a favour. Who actually believed that? and for what its worth it was soundbites like that, that at the time had people looking at DK very suspiciously. However, we are where we are.

The wage bill is not going to treble (thank god) because I think this Premiership is winnable without markedly increasing the wage bill as it stands at the moment.

It's all a bit meh for me.

I think I've seen this type of article in a variety of regurgitated forms by a number of media types, and also by the same individuals time and time again. I don't know how many times they can write the same article. It's all a bit boring and lacks real substance.

We should never rest on our laurels and we should never stop asking questions but the reality is we will find out soon enough what this board are made of. Warburton is happy with the backing he has received thus far and that's more than good enough for me. The board have also IMO exceeded expectations. They've not got everything right of course but they've certainly got a lot right. Personally I believe Warburton will get the backing he needs to enable us to win the SPFL. If he doesn't though then clearly serious questions will need to be addressed.

Totally pointless article. We've already signed 2 players on a pre contract. Warburton has already stated that they've drew up a list of targets and he's satisfied that he's getting the required backing from the board. 

He actually said this to the media the other day so why push the same shite again? 

Didn't read the article, and tbh I don't really care if the money we need comes from DK, as long as it comes from somewhere I am happy.

We will need more money to compete in a season long battle in the top flight.  I don't really think anyone would disagree with that.

Meh jackson just seems too jump all over the place there ,

king should spend 30m and treble the wage bill - but we shouldnt go back too our old ways of spending

If warburton only gets 50% of his top targets he will be off (guess mw told him this )

He  uses the alloa game in isolation too decide we need 5 new players (why not the tarrier game?) 

And king shouldnt mention that we have enemies ?

A lot of what he is saying is only repeating what DK and MW themselves have said recently, 4 or 5 decent signings for a push on the top flight next season that figure will need to increase when we qualify for Europe.

Targets will already be sounded out by MW and his scouting team, as to the money being spent MW has shown you can find gems without paying millions for them, also the figures branded about by DK would have been before he appointed MW and also those figures wasn't just to buy players with but to fund better services and improve squads from grass roots all the way to the first team.

Of course he is trying to exaggerate the story to make it sound better in the press but it's possibly the most accurate story he has published in a long time about us even though there was a very low bar that he had to beat.

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

When King made these boasts he was shouted down on here, and rightly so, so if I'm supposed to attack him for showing common sense then it won't happen.

I do expect him to get his cheque book out though in order to topple the manks, I'll give him a chance to do that.

This x10. Keech is just stirring again.

King is a shameless manipulator, and I'm not a fan of his, but as long as he supports Warburton to a level that Warburton is happy with then fine, as long as our reasonable ambitions are being met.

If Warburton can do that efficiently through great scouting and coaching, on a fraction of past budgets, so much the better.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Meh, Jacksons a prick and so is King. 

Nothing will be said if King doesn't fulfill his promises because he has all the loud mouths in his back pocket. 

On 5/31/2015 at 4:51 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

Sat down and talked it over with the 2 oldest sons, we agreed to renew but the new board better fucking step up or it will be the last year.

Will you be renewing this year? If so, it's a good endorsement that he has been fulfilling promises.

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

King would probably prefer that his quotes from the time would vanish into thin air too but they were recorded for posterity not just in a Q&A with this paper but also in several similar interviews he granted to our rivals. In each one, the total sum seemed to rise. In fact, on the same afternoon, he told the Daily Mail he was willing to plough £50m into restoring Rangers to the top of the Scottish game.

Looks more like Dave has fed you big lumps of shite and you swallyed it in big lumps Keech.
Why would DK tell cunts like you who spout utter shite every time you put your name to a piece about Rangers the truth about what we really need to spend which includes more staff,quick repairs and on going repairs to the stadium and ongoing player acquisitions which at the end of 3/5 years could be any figure you want to make up ya cunt Keech.

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

Didn't read the article, and tbh I don't really care if the money we need comes from DK, as long as it comes from somewhere I am happy.

We will need more money to compete in a season long battle in the top flight.  I don't really think anyone would disagree with that.

It will be coming for ST increases