Virtuoso

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I don't support King FC, so put the rod away wee man. 

No rod, genuinely interested. You said it would be your last year if the board didn't step up. By extension if you will be renewing this year I assume you think they have stepped up. Either that or it was just bluster before.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

No rod, genuinely interested. You said it would be your last year if the board didn't step up. By extension if you will be renewing this year I assume you think they have stepped up. Either that or it was just bluster before.

They appointed a great manager. 

Thats all I can give them credit for. 

I'm sure you can find my post where I said the above. :lol:

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They appointed a great manager. 

Thats all I can give them credit for. 

I'm sure you can find my post where I said the above. :lol:

Fair enough. If you're happy with how the board stepped up last year, so am I. You don't have to say it loud, it's ok. (tu)

Putting all this 30 million stuff aside for a moment which was always intended to be a ball park figure over a period of years to cover not just transfers but essential stadium repairs etc too what exactly is it Dave King has done that merits any criticism from either the press or anyone else?

The main pledge he made was that he would get us back into the SPL and he also stated at that time we didn't want to be doing it through play offs which was fairly bold stuff given the events of the previous few months.  Accomplished with weeks to spare and in a Scottish cup semi final after playing the "best team in Scotland" off the park with a weakened side.

He also said the aim was to get the team back into Europe and even stated that initially that might be the Europa league.  All things being equal we are strong favourites to take the Scottish cup which would be another check box ticked so I just can't grasp what this man has done to merit any criticism.

Keith Jackson and others were saying exactly the same things at the start of this season as they are right now after a relatively modest close season spend in which the manager had only a few weeks to target and assemble his squad and here it is all over again as the bookies already make us 11/4 with Aberdeen a distant 12/1 for the league next season even before we spend a penny.  Maybe they are better judges than Jackson is since their profitability depends on their judgement while if Jackson was any reliable judge we would have been humiliated in the semi?

Dave King has accomplished in 12 months what we could only have dreamed of at the end of last season and that's what he must be judged on at this stage.  If we ran away with the SPL in the same manner you can be confident Jackson and his ilk would still be saying exactly the same things at the end of next season too.  How many of you thought 12 months ago that we would even be realistic challengers first season back?

The criticism of the Chairman is entirely unwarranted at this stage when he has given us all he promised on the field and a lot more besides.

30 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Putting all this 30 million stuff aside for a moment which was always intended to be a ball park figure over a period of years to cover not just transfers but essential stadium repairs etc too what exactly is it Dave King has done that merits any criticism from either the press or anyone else?

The main pledge he made was that he would get us back into the SPL and he also stated at that time we didn't want to be doing it through play offs which was fairly bold stuff given the events of the previous few months.  Accomplished with weeks to spare and in a Scottish cup semi final after playing the "best team in Scotland" off the park with a weakened side.

He also said the aim was to get the team back into Europe and even stated that initially that might be the Europa league.  All things being equal we are strong favourites to take the Scottish cup which would be another check box ticked so I just can't grasp what this man has done to merit any criticism.

Keith Jackson and others were saying exactly the same things at the start of this season as they are right now after a relatively modest close season spend in which the manager had only a few weeks to target and assemble his squad and here it is all over again as the bookies already make us 11/4 with Aberdeen a distant 12/1 for the league next season even before we spend a penny.  Maybe they are better judges than Jackson is since their profitability depends on their judgement while if Jackson was any reliable judge we would have been humiliated in the semi?

Dave King has accomplished in 12 months what we could only have dreamed of at the end of last season and that's what he must be judged on at this stage.  If we ran away with the SPL in the same manner you can be confident Jackson and his ilk would still be saying exactly the same things at the end of next season too.  How many of you thought 12 months ago that we would even be realistic challengers first season back?

The criticism of the Chairman is entirely unwarranted at this stage when he has given us all he promised on the field and a lot more besides.

Strange. I thought it was Mark Warburton who had achieved the miracle. When did Dave King get his coaching badges?

26 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Strange. I thought it was Mark Warburton who had achieved the miracle. When did Dave King get his coaching badges?

The manager isn't the issue on this topic the Chairman is.  There are numerous topics where we are already all giving the manager the credit he is due but a manager can do nothing without the backing of a co-operative Chairman.  That's the first link in the chain. 

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The manager isn't the issue on this topic the Chairman is.  There are numerous topics where we are already all giving the manager the credit he is due but a manager can do nothing without the backing of a co-operative Chairman.  That's the first link in the chain. 

Even MW can acknowledge that, some on here never will though.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Someone had to spot the obvious Flaw in his Post.

Where's the flaw in pointing out that the Chairman has delivered the objectives he pledged he would on a topic about the Chairman?