Keech Jackson in talking shite shocker

Virtuoso

Kings soundbites regarding his kids inheritance was always going to be dragged up (not that many ever believed him to have it) but this is nothing more than sensationalist pish

KEITH believes Rangers chairman Dave King needs to get his money out and treble the wage budget 

IT'S ironic that Rangers have a man with a magic hat in the dugout because this summer will reveal if the old smoke and mirrors culture of the boardroom has finally come to an end.

Mark Warburton may have lifted the Championship trophy on Saturday with a Scottish Cup Final to come but the manager is not fooled by his own success this season. He knows exactly what will be required in the transfer market this summer if he is to deliver a sustainable, credible title challenge to Celtic and he must now put his faith in Dave King to back his own shrewd judgement with hard cash.

Saturday's 1-1 draw with relegated Alloa provided Warburton with all the evidence required to copper bottom his assessment that he needs at least five good quality additions to his squad if he is to make a proper fist of in next season's top flight.

Given the meticulous nature of this particular manager, it is more than likely that he has already identified those targets and jotted them down on a list for King's attention.

He will also have a reasonable idea of the probable costs involved and will believe all of these deals to be perfectly achievable.

Which is why what happens next will be so intriguing and maybe even illuminating.

Let's be clear here. King and his regime have done a great deal of good for Rangers in a remarkably short space of time. He has rescued a club which, for four years or so, was being brutalised by the very people who were supposed to be looking after its interests but who, in fact, were motivated by all manner of conflicting agendas.

Unlike them, King has Rangers very much at heart. That is without question.

But the fact remains, since making his push for power he has been full of contradictions and some of his inconsistences have been glaring.

The concern here is that, in King, Rangers have a chairman who can make his own promises disappear before the eyes of his club's supporters.

Remember the £30m of his children's inheritance that he had already set aside for this project when he was standing on Edmiston Drive throwing stones at the windows?

King would probably prefer that his quotes from the time would vanish into thin air too but they were recorded for posterity not just in a Q&A with this paper but also in several similar interviews he granted to our rivals. In each one, the total sum seemed to rise. In fact, on the same afternoon, he told the Daily Mail he was willing to plough £50m into restoring Rangers to the top of the Scottish game.

It took hubris to a whole new level and there will have been many Rangers supporters, those still recovering from the true cost of last era of reckless spending, who may have been left shaking their heads in disbelief.

If so then they were the smart ones because it appears King has little intention of spending anything like that amount and, in many ways, that's a very good thing for both the continued modernisation of this club and also it's long term health. In order for Rangers to prosper they must be self sustainable and managed with prudence.

But, never the less, it does raise serious questions about King's intentions because key parts of his big blue manifesto were at best fanciful and perhaps deliberately misleading.

In fact, King has a nasty habit of saying the wrong things at the wrong time and although he enjoys the absolute trust of the vast majority of the Rangers support, these fans have learned the hard way when it comes to misinformation from the top of the old staircase.

For example, King has taken to using one particular soundbite which really ought to send a shiver down the spine of these fans. When he talks, as he has done, about 'enemies of Rangers' it all sounds frighteningly familiar.

Very much like the sort of rhetoric upon which the likes of Craig Whyte and Charles Green once relied when they were attempting to whip up a siege mentality and use it to shield their own intentions. It wasn't paranoia on their part, it was cunning and deliberate sleight of hand. A classic diversionary tactic.

If anyone inside that boardroom has King's ear then they ought to be strongly advising him against spouting off with the same old cliches because it will merely add to the feeling that now he too might be trying to hide the truth.

He promised them honesty and transparency and, over the next couple of months, he will be expected to deliver on it even if, by and large, the fans will be prepared to cut him some slack.

In the same Q&A King talked of a need to treble the Rangers wage bill for the first season back in the top flight. In fact in his own words 'depending on how Dermot Desmond responds, it may have to be quadrupled'.

That almost no-one seriously believes Warburton will be allowed to raise his current spend from £6m per annum to £24m is another indication that King is not always expected to be as good as his word.

In that respect, his bluster is as unnecessary as it is unconvincing. The Rangers supporters believe his primary concern is to look after their club's best interest and that is really all that matters to them after the carnage and alleged criminality of these last four years.

However, even though he has almost unanimous backing, he may soon find he has his work cut out not just to keep them all on side but also to satisfy the demands on his own manager, who has spoken repeatedly of his need to bolster his squad with significant numbers over the summer.

The decision to appoint Warburton remains the single smartest achievement of King's coup.

But the hard work - the really expensive part of this rebuild - begins now.

So far, Warburton has seemed untouchable but he is not the sort of man who takes a knife to a gun fight.

In January he expected to be tooled up for the rest of the season by signing Michael O'Halloran from St Johnstone and Brentford's Toumani Diagouraga. That only one of those deals materialised will have been a source of some frustration to the manager.

But if this 50 per cent success rate is extrapolated out over the coming transfer window then Warburton is going to need a bigger hat.

If he suspects his own reputation might be damaged because of a lack of financial backing from those above him, then he may be forced to think twice about the wisdom of putting his neck on the line.

The Englishman knows his stock remains high down south which is exactly how he wants it as his ambitions extend way beyond Glasgow's city boundaries.

A torrid campaign in Scotland's Premiership, with one hand tied behind his back, will not be part of the plan.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar the first paragraph which seems like editorial spin (Jackson doesn't suggest we should be trebling or quadrupling wage budget), I agree with the bulk of the article.

Yes it comes from a Rangers hater and is in the Rhebel, and yes its somewhat dramatic in prose, but in terms of content it raises many valid issue imo.

15 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Not going to read this but judging by the first few lines I'm guessing he's saying King needs to splash the cash ect.  Well from what I saw last Sunday, we aren't that far behind the smellies.

Why not read the article?

It's actually not what you'd take from the intro.

16 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Not going to read this but judging by the first few lines I'm guessing he's saying King needs to splash the cash ect.  Well from what I saw last Sunday, we aren't that far behind the smellies.

And he finishes with the "Warburton might strop if he doesn't get loads of cash and then go back down south", just to give hope to the green n greys.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why not read the article?

It's actually not what you'd take from the intro.

Headlines are supposed to draw people in to the article. "KEITH believes Rangers chairman Dave King needs to get his money out and treble the wage budget" made me think I didn't want to waste my time reading yet another article from a sellik-minded financial expert.

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Headlines are supposed to draw people in to the article. "KEITH believes Rangers chairman Dave King needs to get his money out and treble the wage budget" made me think I didn't want to waste my time reading yet another article from a sellik-minded financial expert.

I get that. To me seems like editorial spin.

Have a gander, I reckon there's valid points we'll be discussing all summer(because they're relevant, not because of this article).

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Have a gander, I reckon there's valid points we'll be discussing all summer.

It is editorial spin and that's to be expected - but it goes from a headline stating that Keith believes that King needs to triple the wage budget to then saying that no one seriously believes that Warburton will be allowed to increase it from 6 to 24 million (which is quadrupling it).

He then mentions Kings hollow promise regarding his kids 30 million - to then stating King said he would pump in 50 million. Now, King is guilty of opening his mouth without thinking, but never at any time did he say the 50 million would come from him - it was 30 from him + 20 from others.

I wish to fuck that King had taken a moment to think what he was saying before he said what he did as any lack of funds or a failure to spend when required is going to bite him on the arse big time.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Have a gander, I reckon there's valid points we'll be discussing all summer(because they're relevant, not because of this article).

I had a read. He makes some valid points but it's nothing I've not read before.  "Don't trust King" and "Warburton might leave if he doesn't get what he wants" seems to be the main message here.

"Saturday's 1-1 draw with relegated Alloa provided Warburton with all the evidence required to copper bottom his assessment that he needs at least five good quality additions to his squad if he is to make a proper fist of in next season's top flight."  This part was very predictable too.  Funny how he doesn't mention we've been top of the league since day 1 and have just defeated the Premiership champions.  Is it really so painful for the likes of Jackson to give the team any praise?

No-one actually knows the ins and outs of this its boring. Whose to say King has said there me and the board have £5m spend it and MW has said no thanks don't need that much I'll use it later in the year or next season etc.

Just jumping on the bandwagon that King doesn't have money etc etc. 

The day MW leaves Rangers if he doesn't say I've took this club as far as it can go, or it's to a club he has a genuine interest in then that'll be the day he has disagreements with the board. Until then its pure speculation

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

It is editorial spin and that's to be expected - but it goes from a headline stating that Keith believes that King needs to triple the wage budget to then saying that no one seriously believes that Warburton will be allowed to increase it from 6 to 24 million (which is quadrupling it).

He then mentions Kings hollow promise regarding his kids 30 million - to then stating King said he would pump in 50 million. Now, King is guilty of opening his mouth without thinking, but never at any time did he say the 50 million would come from him - it was 30 from him + 20 from others.

I wish to fuck that King had taken a moment to think what he was saying before he said what he did as any lack of funds or a failure to spend when required is going to bite him on the arse big time.

KEITH says that while Dave King and co have done a lot of good work at Ibrox there are questions that still need to be asked.

Above is the current intro. Imo someone has put shit stirring spin which has now been amended to something more reflective.

Yeah a fair point re the 50m part, and I'm in no way defending Jackson.

I just think if the author was different many would deem it a fair article but ignore things out of hand at times when there's actually many valid points.

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The writer is spinning the truth as you're right when he said the club would possible need 30 - 50 (not him) with DK putting in the same as any other investors, and over four years

MW knows his worth and what it will take to knock the scum of their perch and as I've said previously it won't be a king's ransom, but I seriously doubt MW would let lack of funds damage his reputation or his aspirations. He has clearly sent the message to King and TBH, I do think King will deliver and I'm not talking 30m, as that is nowhere needed. Just keep the powder dry, do the business quickly and disceetly and let our haters do the worrying and catch up.

Paul Murray must be in a tizz.

Shall he support the man who gave him his blazer, after promising to disappear for good and renege) or support his best chum who produces "courageous journalism".

A quandary indeed!

I am sure the twitterati will already have received their instructions.

Jackson is a cunt who is simply trying to stir shit either to sell papers or he is one of them who just can't stand that we're back in an impressive manner and the biggest thing around and he thinks he can drive our manager to leave.  An example of the shite he talks.

46 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Saturday's 1-1 draw with relegated Alloa provided Warburton with all the evidence required to copper bottom his assessment that he needs at least five good quality additions to his squad if he is to make a proper fist of in next season's top flight.

Strangely enough exactly the same score line THEY got at home to the mighty Ross County and THEY haven't even secured the league yet while we have secured ours.  Does this mean that THEY need "at least five good quality additions" to compete with Ross County next season?

As for 30 million back when King said it I never read anything into it but that he meant 30 million over a period of years not a season like this fuckin' moron seems to think.  After everything we have been through this stupid bastard thinks it's rational for anybody in Scottish football to go out and spend 30 million at a go to compete with pish that can barely fend off Aberdeen and can't beat Ross County when there is a league at stake?

He can go and take a fuck to himself because the bastard is also trying to put the boot in for our manager too.

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The writer is spinning the truth as you're right when he said the club would possible need 30 - 50 (not him) with DK putting in the same as any other investors, and over four years

Nearly.

He said he would pony up to the 30 with 20 from others.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html&ved=0ahUKEwjp0-eIyKnMAhXFOhoKHdTFBIMQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNFN7mZAgPIYAZ1Xg5uNtf_lFayexQ

King get yer fuckin cash out, capiche ! But I knew that anyway ! Don't need this fuckin lackey to tell us that! So stick your courageous reporting up your shitebag arse and fuck anybody at Ibrox that's using you as their courageous mhedia feed ! Jist sayin like !(tu):sherlock:

When King spouted all this pish about 30 million to spend, it was to get all the hired hands on board, that would do all his dirty work for him. They all caused as much trouble as possible, which worked, and King ended up where he is, job done.