Police Scotland tonight

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Do you have to go to church to call yourself a Protestant?

I doubt many on here even know what is required to define themselves as Protestant.

Their knowledge appears to go as far as, "I support Rangers so that makes me Protestant", which is, frankly, a ridiculous reason to be religious. Although I doubt most of them are actually religious.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So 'trouble makers ' like me banned - ok so anyone with an opinion that veres away from the 'PUL' bully boys on here I suppose? You do realise this is RM and not Vanguard bears site? I'm away to man ma pitch fork

Pish patter.

Seems bp9 is a protestant himself,protesting against the protestants.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

I doubt many on here even know what is required to define themselves as Protestant.

Their knowledge appears to go as far as, "I support Rangers so that makes me Protestant", which is, frankly, a ridiculous reason to be religious. Although I doubt most of them are actually religious.

When I was a child I attended my local school, it was known as a Protestant school not a Non Denominational school, there were no such things, And whilst I was baptised in a Protestant church, went to BB and received religious education, Iam in no way a religious person but I do class myself as Protestant whether I support Rangers or not.

3 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

When I was a child I attended my local school, it was known as a Protestant school not a Non Denominational school, there were no such things, And whilst I was baptised in a Protestant church, went to BB and received religious education, Iam in no way a religious person but I do class myself as Protestant whether I support Rangers or not.

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

That's very much an oxymoron. If you consider yourself Protestant you are religious. By not practising your claimed religion you just look a bit silly IMO.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

If anyone thinks that if Rangers fans stopped singing PUL songs and stopped flying Red Hands and UJs that that would make the polis leave us alone they're kidding themselves

...and there's me thinking it was the Tarriers/Rebs who had it in for the PUL ppl,obviously some of 'our own' are no better.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What should've been a good debate on the shocking state of the police at football matchs in this country and their MSP bosses, derailed by the usual suspects again. 

Where's the debate?

It seems most people see police Scotland as solely out to get Rangers fans/Protestants/Unionists/Loyalists and anyone who doesn't believe that gets rounded on.

It's just a group of people with the same view agreeing and turning on anyone without the same view. That's not a debate, it's more an anti-debate.

There seems to be a section of our support with a real problem with our PUL links, well too fucking bad, it was quite simple for me growing up, joined a band, became an orangeman and followed the Rangers, not for one minute am I suggesting everyone should be the same but if people have a problem with these connections then keep them to yourself because the vast majority of our support I believe still hold these links with high regard

8 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

There seems to be a section of our support with a real problem with our PUL links, well too fucking bad, it was quite simple for me growing up, joined a band, became an orangeman and followed the Rangers, not for one minute am I suggesting everyone should be the same but if people have a problem with these connections then keep them to yourself because the vast majority of our support I believe still hold these links with high regard

I've said for a while now that we have a small minority of people in our support who are more bigoted towards Rangers fans than what your average mhanky is. Threads like this always proves it.

Also when people can't handle the fact being a Loyalist or Unionist is a legitimate culture they always seem to throw Protestant into the mix and start talking about Churches and believing in God as if you can't be a Loyalist or Unionist without being a church-going God worshipping Protestant or you can't possibly believe in God or consider your Protestant unless you go to Church ... I thought it was the Catholic religon that made you fear God rather than embrace him? maybe time to drop the term PUL as it gives them what they think is ammo for the P part of it for Protestant but these twisted bastards will only think of something else to grasp at.

It's pathetic as fuck and nothing is ever done about it. If it was someone with a couple of posts just signed up saying half the shit bigots like BluePeter9 does they would be banned on sight.

15 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Do you have to go to church to call yourself a Protestant?

Err I would have thought so. Surely some sort of Christian - Protestant observance is a bare minimum to 'tag' yourself with being a Protestant? Surely going to the Kirk/ Church  is what differentiates you from other Christians ( who go to chapel?)While 'God' is all around :pipe: there must be some way of marking yourself as Protestant? Is it not church attendance? 

22 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

...and there's me thinking it was the Tarriers/Rebs who had it in for the PUL ppl,obviously some of 'our own' are no better.

They do. But thats not the only issue they have with Rangers, they hate Rangers and will continue to hate us even if we were no longer associated with the PUL

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Err I would have thought so. Surely some sort of Christian - Protestant observance is a bare minimum to 'tag' yourself with being a Protestant? Surely going to the Kirk/ Church  is what differentiates you from other Christians ( who go to chapel?)While 'God' is all around :pipe: there must be some way of marking yourself as Protestant? Is it not church attendance? 

Another thing you are ignorant about. The bible says nothing about attending church. To be a Protestant one only has to believe in God.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The Rangers = Protestant Club ! Anybody believes anything else would be better sticking to hillwalkin ! :sherlock:

I thought we had to be able to type and spell correctly to be REAL Rangers fans! 'Hillwalkin', indeed! 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've said for a while now that we have a small minority of people in our support who are more bigoted towards Rangers fans than what your average mhanky is. Threads like this always proves it.

Also when people can't handle the fact being a Loyalist or Unionist is a legitimate culture they always seem to throw Protestant into the mix and start talking about Churches and believing in God as if you can't be a Loyalist or Unionist without being a church-going God worshipping Protestant or you can't possibly believe in God or consider your Protestant unless you go to Church ... I thought it was the Catholic religon that made you fear God rather than embrace him?.

It's pathetic as fuck and nothing is ever done about it. If it was someone with a couple of posts just signed up saying half the shit bigots like BluePeter9 does they would be banned on sight.

Perhaps you / folks should stop referring to PUL and drop the 'P' if that bit doesn't count? 

I also note your trying to go down the censorship route! How sad!

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Perhaps you / folks should stop referring to PUL and drop the 'P' if that bit doesn't count? 

I also note your trying to go down the censorship route! How sad!

That's what I said - are you incapable of reading aswell as being a bigot? ... I said maybe stop saying PUL if your going to get your knickers in a twist over the Protestant part of it and simply ignore the fact there are people who are Protestants that support Rangers anyway

Also well seen you ignored what I asked you about the English Rangers supporters..... get back to me in your own time mr inclusive.

14 hours ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

Exactly what they're after! We don't see the People of Ulster, England or Wales giving up their constituent nationhood though, so why should we? They all recognise that, to hold on to their Britishness, they need to hold their individual nationhood close to their hearts....and that means ferociously defending their emblems and flags too!! Of course, Ulster Brits don't like the likes of that wee cunt mcguiness in Stormont but you wouldn't ever see them folding up the NI flag and saying "here martin, this belongs to you"....no fucking way...it just wouldn't happen!! We need to see ourselves as guardians of Scotland because it's our only chance of creating the change that WE want!! Oust the separatists and stop things like the witch hunt we're witnessing before our eyes....the wee lad singing is a perfect case in point!! It's quite sinister if truth be told!!!

Like the cut of your jib GB72(tu) As with NI,Scotland will discover that these republican groups will work for their agenda under the guise of 'working for the ppl',for a better,fairer country.In actual fact they are anti-British racists,hell bent on the destruction of the Union,regardless of the cost.

We don't have to look very far to see the outcome of republicanism,the ROI. A country destroyed for their independence,had it not been for Britain subsidising their agri-economy after independence,they would literally have starved to death,famine MK2.

Of course today we live in a global market place so those who want out of the UK insist on being within the EU,this in itself is proof of their anti-British bias.'Scotland is a wealthy Country' and 'We should keep Scottish Wealth within Scotland' also 'Outside influence should not be allowed to dictate to the Scottish ppl'.If the UK withdraws from the EU we will demand the right for Scotland to remain inside the EU community.

So much for going it alone???

Anyway, was the wee boy who was surrounded by the police and threatened and made to stop singing ok ? No matter who or what tree he prays and sings to on a sunday its a shocking state of affairs police time is being honed into easy targets like this instead of  looking for housebreakers and loonies feeding dogs with poison.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Also well seen you ignored what I asked you about the English Rangers supporters..... get back to me in your own time mr inclusive.

Probably because it was a ridiculous statement. Do you really believe you can claim why "thousands" of English fans support Rangers? How many English Rangers fans do you actually know?

What about the foreign Rangers fans, do they support Rangers purely because of the Unionist and Loyalist element too?