Police Scotland tonight

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I agree completely that you don't have to hold these views to support Rangers, but when certain people make comments like " these links shame us" then it will get people's backs up, I am not ashamed of my beliefs or views in any way and don't really care what others believe, and I will say now these links and traditions are part of Rangers whether people like it or not, I personally love the connections as it was part of my upbringing and will be with me till my last day on this earth, this is not a personal dig at you or anyone else on the forum, think we should let it be now and concentrate on the cup final instead of in house bickering

Bang on the button mate.

3 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Im not wanting to get involved in a bun fight. I can see both sides of the argument.

I do think the mentality that some of our support has that you have to be a protestant/loyalist/unionist to be a proper supporter of the club is just plain ridiculous. Rangers certainly in recent years has opened up to be a more inclusive club and fan base and is imo all better for that.

I doubt anyone is saying you have to. However, it is not that the club has opened up in recent years, it has been forever open for anyone to support. Whom you choose to support is an individual choice, but do NOT then come and start complaining about our heritage and tradition because it may go against one's personal values, as one would have indeed chosen the wrong club to support in the first place. It's not like our heritage and traditions are a secret, so much better they fucked off and supported another, more in tune with their personal values and they could be more at peace with themselves and give the fucking rest of a break to get on with it, in who we are and WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!

Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys....         :crabflute:

4 hours ago, Willis said:

Another thing you are ignorant about. The bible says nothing about attending church. To be a Protestant one only has to believe in God.

Which one? And does the bible really define 'Protestant' ? Or does it define Christian? ( and again which God? ) and really 99% of our support believe in God? Any God? Aye ok then. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I said - are you incapable of reading aswell as being a bigot? ... I said maybe stop saying PUL if your going to get your knickers in a twist over the Protestant part of it and simply ignore the fact there are people who are Protestants that support Rangers anyway

Also well seen you ignored what I asked you about the English Rangers supporters..... get back to me in your own time mr inclusive.

I know Rangers fans from the USA, Canada, Australia and perhaps they are all in it for the same reason - I doubt it. But then I have difficulty wondering why I know ther are supporters in many African countries, China, Malaysia who support us - maybe they are all disenfranchised PUL sympathisers / believers - or maybe they respect the great sporting instatition that is Rangers! 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I probably know a couple of hundred, personally that support Rangers because of the Loyalist and Unionist element - Man City, Leeds, West Ham, Bristol City, Chelsea, Carlisle, Leicester, Sunderland ....

You are missing the point of the question - if you fancy stepping aside and letting your boyfriend reply?

The reason I mentioned it was to see if he thinks the English ones who support Rangers for these very reasons are entitled or should they not be allowed to under these circumstances? just for clarity as he said, his exact words was that the PUL element "shames" us ... even if it brings in extra support? ... I'm looking forward to his response and not you chipping in with some nonsense about foreign supporters that are totally irrelivent to my point. Thanks.

Me and Ab85 - now there's a Friday night video you never want to see! Your abusive style is so warm and endearing xx

Perhaps if we didn't attract those fans who need the crutch of PUL associations we would attract even more fans based on being one of the finest sporting institutions in the world. It's going to be a sad day for us if we have to rely on a dwindling religious sect and ultra unionist for our future. 

4 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Seen the wee guy belting it out myself whilst 3 polis stood their watching him as I was walking by , just underneath the offices in the corner of the ground 

I believe he was singing - I don't believe the rest about him and his dad nearly getting arrested on sectarian grounds! 

3 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Why can't you just accept our heritage because here is a thing to consider , it was part of this club long before you were here and will continue to be so long after you and I are here , if you don't like it tough but you might as well deal with it rather than going against it all the Time because it is never going away and it never should 

Perhaps I am a moderniser in a minority off one - doesn't make me wrong - it's just an opinion - but then the wee inet bullies come out and try to shout me down - so I stick around - I believe we would be better off as a club moving forward without all the PUL garbage that some need to prop up their support for our club. We are a great sporting institution - that's enough for me ! When we talk about our history - it's football games won, goals scored we reminisce about - not what way we voted in the 1974 election or what a great sermon we heard. 

6 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

I doubt many on here even know what is required to define themselves as Protestant.

Their knowledge appears to go as far as, "I support Rangers so that makes me Protestant", which is, frankly, a ridiculous reason to be religious. Although I doubt most of them are actually religious.

I don't think most of our fans think  "I support Rangers so that makes me Protestant". That's ridiculous. And I'm sure most people know what a "Protestant" is. 

That fact is that a fair amount of our fans are Unionists and Protestants. It does not bring "shame" on our club but in my opinion strengthens it. We have supporters all over the world who affiliate us with the Protestant faith and I, for one, am anything but ashamed of it. 

I would rather be associated with the Protestant religion than of the other Glasgow football team who's club has a history of shame, the same as their religion.

Im not saying ALL our fans have these allegiances, as shown in this thread alone, but it's a fact that a fair majority of them do. I really don't know why certain people feel the need to deny our roots.

44 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Which one? And does the bible really define 'Protestant' ? Or does it define Christian? ( and again which God? ) and really 99% of our support believe in God? Any God? Aye ok then. 

How the hell did a thread about a wee boy singing at a football match turn to a theological debate about some mythical omnipotent being.