****Official St. Mirren v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

17 minutes ago, SirAlistairofMcCoist said:

I would gladly see the back of Tav, Kiernan, and Wilson for a resolute defensive unit next season. If we dont win this cup final it will be a fucking disaster. I will not accept any excuse for losing it as Hibs are a championship team who finished 3rd. The defense needs a fuckin boot in the cunt.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

trying to stir it mate ffs. These league games are meaningless like it or not

If these games are meaningless why don't the club tells the Bears not to spend their hard earned as they can't be bothered trying .

7 minutes ago, Rangers Rab said:

Priorities need to be new keeper, two new centre backs and a defensive midfielder 

The only keeper who I  Can't recall making a howler in the last 2 seasons was Lee Robinson who was one of mccalls scape goats in last seasons run in 

Imo was far better than simonsen , bell and fodderingham and tidy with his feet too. 

1 minute ago, tango said:

If these games are meaningless why don't the club tells the Bears not to spend their hard earned as they can't be bothered trying .

am sure every bear knew when spending there money in these last games might not have got the desired performances. I don't think that would've stopped any of us going tbh

2 minutes ago, Bestie said:

The only keeper who I  Can't recall making a howler in the last 2 seasons was Lee Robinson who was one of mccalls scape goats in last seasons run in 

Imo was far better than simonsen , bell and fodderingham and tidy with his feet too. 

It's not exactly hard to be better than any of those 

when it comes to the cup final I would rather be in our position then hibs  if they get through and that is a big if  they will have played 5  very competitive games in 14 days. if they dont get through they will be on a downer facing another year in the championship and probably losing key players.

our defence has been poor but to me we need a strong tackling midfielder to stop teams running at our defence

ball will be a miss in the final but I think we have enough to do it. in the short time waghorn was on today we looked a lot better. he will have another 3 weeks to get his sharpness up 

Although a little slow and predictable as is our usual default play when we are not on it I thought we played ok. 

But it makes no difference when the other team score with ease when they actually come at us. 

As for the cup final what have we shown in the games since the semi that would make us think we can just flick a switch and we will be on it again, because I've seen nothing. 

1 hour ago, SirAlistairofMcCoist said:

I would gladly see the back of Tav, Kiernan, and Wilson for a resolute defensive unit next season. If we dont win this cup final it will be a fucking disaster. I will not accept any excuse for losing it as Hibs are a championship team who finished 3rd. The defense needs a fuckin boot in the cunt.

Fuck off Ally and never come back.

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Although a little slow and predictable as is our usual default play when we are not on it I thought we played ok. 

But it makes no difference when the other team score with ease when they actually come at us. 

As for the cup final what have we shown in the games since the semi that would make us think we can just flick a switch and we will be on it again, because I've seen nothing. 

Agree with slow play,It has been our big downfall in breaking teams down this year.

Its ok having tons of possession e.g Bayern, Arsenal, Man UTD but if the build up is slow and there is no creative spark

then you are not going to create enough and get his on counter.

Compared to the play under McCoist it is night and day but if we continue the slow passing/lack of creatvity 

we will be in for tough times next season

We just need to move the ball quicker. Wide players need to cut inside to make space for others on the overlap. At the end of the day these games matter fuck all and the semi - final showed that the midfield tracks back far more in big games.

47 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm as disappointed as the next Bear with this result and our recent form, but in most polite manner, some people need to fuck right off.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or did someone above suggest that Lee Robinson was a better goalkeeper than Wes Foderingham?

Foderingham could have scored two own goals with his own throw today; the game was so meaningless, I couldn't have cared less.

I'll tell you when I cared; when he ever so slightly tipped Griffiths' free-kick onto the bar with the tip of his index finger in the last minute of the semi-final at Hampden. Or when Scott Brown stepped up to take his penalty.

Come the 21st of May, the cream will rise to the top as it always does when it matters.

Yes, I was gutted to lose to Livingston, drop points at home to Alloa and again this afternoon, but the reality is that we did and the fact are that it doesn't matter. We've became lax and as much as we like to believe that you can afford that as a Rangers player, we also never thought that people like Naismith and Davis, wee bluenoses who grew-up to be Ibrox idols, would fuck us over, but hey hoe, as I said, that's reality.

Big Wes has saved a lot of you sore necks this season by sticking to Warburton's instructions and distributing the ball to feet as opposed to punting it up the park. For a young man who's gone from playing in the lower leagues of England to 50,000 fans, I'd say he's handled the anxiety shown by half of Ibrox when he's closed down quiet well.

We are the fucking people.

No your eyes are fine ,I didn't day he was A better keeper  fodderingham has made more blatant mistakes(howler)  than any  of the keepers mentioned  fact.

Not to mention his recent cammyesque one 

Not good enough I'm afraid 

Maybe Think about It and read properly before posting