Waghorn and Forrester

WCPRANGERS1

I think that we need one or both back in contention for the final.

Waghorns movement and goals are missing and not having Forrester reminds me of earlier in the season when Holt was out injured.

Weve seen Rangers teams after clinching titles dropping off in the past however there is no magic switch to get energy levels and form back on track.

Having said that these two could significantly change our energy levels and play.

Hibs as much as they tend to bottle it also tend to cause us problems which means we need to be at the levels we were for our game at Ibrox in December, the SC match v Dundee and our victory in the SF against the mhanks.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Feel Waghorn will 99% be playing in the final, Forrester might be close but with that type of injury there is no set timeline.   Would love them both to be available.

Same for me, as long as waghorn doesn't get injured in training or against st mirren he's a shoe in with Miller and McKay up front. Forrester holt and Halliday would complete the midfield but I really can't see Harry being back in time and even if in contention he won't start unfortunately.

however what we will have on the day assuming no other injuries or suspensions is more than capable of beating hibs.....but it would be nice to rub their faces in it.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Waghorn may play at the weekend but I fear Harry has no chance of playing in the final.

Heard somewhere it's 6-8 weeks recovery for his injury, time the final comes round he'll have been out for about 6, so I'll keep the fingers crossed on that one.

Either of them returning will be great. Both have the enthusiasm and drive to pull us forwards into opposition boxes, something that is lacking too often at the moment. Encamping outside the box and rarely taking long shots is what's costing us in the last few games.

I'm sure Waghorn will be playing, but not so sure about Forrester.

It may be sad for him, but if there's any doubt at all, don't play him. We can beat hivs if everyone concentrates on their job no problem at all.

Plus, I'd like to be certain of having Forrester fit and playing from the beginning next season.

I think Michael Mols only had a hair line fracture, but that effectively was the end of his career. Don't take the chance with Harry.

Would love them both to be back. However, also remember MW's statement that it's important to get them properly fit rather than rushing them back for a specific game. With that in mind I think Waggy has a chance, but sadly for Harry it'll be too soon.

Forrester has to be a serious doubt but given that the manager said in a recent interview that Waghorn was "disgusted" not to be in the running at Livingston I'm confident he will at least have a seat on the bench to start against St Mirren and has to be given a run at some point.

He will be at a minimum on the bench for the cup final too and despite all the gloom and doom over recent performances I'm still confident we will take the Scottish cup with relative ease.  Scottish cup final at Hampden with a Euro spot at stake bears no comparison to a Tuesday night away match at Livingston with nothing of any consequence to play for.

At the end of the day we have been a better team than them from the first kick of the season and that hasn't suddenly changed.

The hat said 6 weeks for Forrester and that would make it around the final.

Probably sound moany but he maybe shouldn't be throwing his crutches away so often or it'll be longer!

We desperately need both of them back. Waggy will start, and I'd like to think he'll give us a boost on the pitch that we've been lacking in the past few games.

Forrester getting a place on the bench would do me and give him a 30 minute cameo at the end of the game. He could torment Hibs if he's on his game (but he won't be match fit).

1 minute ago, legalbeagle said:

Would be very unlikely to have Forrester back, Waghorn should be fine, although my only concern is that he has been 'ready for the next game' for a couple of weeks now.

I think if it were up to him he would have been in a couple of weeks ago but for whatever reasons the manager decided against it.  I think he must know within himself if he is ready and he must get some sort of run at St Mirren.  He has been so eager recently it will be interesting to see how he goes at it.  He's like a coiled spring waiting to be released right now.