Those who think tonight and last Wednesday "don't matter"...

DerKlos

... I'm guessing are the folk who aren't travelling 2/3/4 + hours on a freezing cold Tuesday night to go and watch it. 

I'm not in any way trying to detract from what has been a great season.  Come May 21st it could be a truly magnificent season, but to say that these games don't matter just doesn't sit with me. 

Okay,  in the grand scheme of things, it won't change anything come the end of the season.  But the team look like they've given up.  There were 3-4,000 Bears there tonight who haven't given up.  The team owe it to them to be putting in a better performance than that. Those who are still travelling to these "meaningless" games deserve better.

Let's close out the season in style against St Mirren on Sunday.  Put on a show for the supporters who have followed the team up and down the country this season.   Get the momentum on our side for a huge game in a few weeks time.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team has peaks and troughs over the course of a season.  We've peaked at the right time, and troughed at the right time.  I'm sure the players would like to go out there and win every game but that's unrealistic.  We as a support can afford to give them a little slack because they've turned up when it matters and I'm sure they will again for the Cup final.  This team was put together quickly and has exceeded all expectations.  Let's win the Scottish Cup and look forward to an exciting summer of transfer action.  Don't get to downbeat over a few bad results at the arse end of an already successful league campaign. 

Take Hibs for example.  Hit a peak last year and won 14 out of 15 games.  Then troughed after January which fucked their league challenge.  They seem to be hitting another peak now but it might be too late to save their promotion hopes.  They'll go in to that Cup final exchausted while we be ready and prepared just like Zenit. 

You're right it doesn't matter.

the league's wrapped up so its just going through the gears now til St Mirren.

If the Final was this weekend I'd be worried but it's not. 3 weeks is s long time between games so it's about getting this weekend over with and focusing on the best preparation for the Hibs games.

5 minutes ago, ChesterPerry said:

When we're lifting 55 next may I'll definitely be thinking about dropping 3 points at Livi in the championship

I won't lose sleep over it, but it's disappointing for sure to travel through tonight and watch that poor performance. 

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Every team has peaks and troughs over the course of a season.  We've peaked at the right time, and troughed at the right time.  I'm sure the players would like to go out there and win every game but that's unrealistic.  We as a support can afford to give them a little slack because they've turned up when it matters and I'm sure they will again for the Cup final.  This team was put together quickly and has exceeded all expectations.  Let's win the Scottish Cup and look forward to an exciting summer of transfer action.  Don't get to downbeat of a few bad results at the arse end of an already successful league campaign. 

Take Hibs for example.  Hit a peak last year and won 14 out of 15 games.  Then troughed after January which fucked their league challenge.  They seem to be hitting another peak now but it might be too late to save their promotion hopes.  They'll go in to that Cup final exchausted while we be ready and prepared just like Zenit. 

I actually do agree with you to an extent.  We can't win every game.  What I find disappointing is the "don't care doesn't matter" attitude. 

I am thankful for what the manager and the team have done this year.  Could not ask for more.  

It does matter/It matters a lot. I just hope the magic hat motivates the team at just the right time as we cannot afford any more slip ups towards the final/ We need to win convincingly against st mirren.Anyone who is not up to a treble should just chuck it.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It doesn't inspire any confidence and only gives hivs comfort for the cup final.

All will be forgotten if we lift the cup but it looks like it could be beyond us on present form.

You're the only person on here that makes @Smile seem positively cheerful.  

Change your name to I AM Jolly

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

leagues won means nothing now in fact there a inconvenience if am being honest. All that matters is the cup final and the gaffer has said well be more than ready for it so am not worried tbh.

Don't talk shite ! 

1 point from 9 and poor football on show league won or not we are Rangers and last 3 games have been a slog! Poor at back passing just going astray it's not on! People pay money to go all over and pay for tickets travel so people have right to be pissed off! People saying players minds on cup final well they are pro footballers they should be still focused on all games they play.

24 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

1 point from 9 and poor football on show league won or not we are Rangers and last 3 games have been a slog! Poor at back passing just going astray it's not on! People pay money to go all over and pay for tickets travel so people have right to be pissed off! People saying players minds on cup final well they are pro footballers they should be still focused on all games they play.

Yeah .It just looks to me ,they want the glory of the Cup final but fuck these "meaningless games "

For me it's bad professionalism and I'm certain MB agrees although he wont say it in interviews

7 hours ago, DerKlos said:

... I'm guessing are the folk who aren't travelling 2/3/4 + hours on a freezing cold Tuesday night to go and watch it. 

I'm not in any way trying to detract from what has been a great season.  Come May 21st it could be a truly magnificent season, but to say that these games don't matter just doesn't sit with me. 

Okay,  in the grand scheme of things, it won't change anything come the end of the season.  But the team look like they've given up.  There were 3-4,000 Bears there tonight who haven't given up.  The team owe it to them to be putting in a better performance than that. Those who are still travelling to these "meaningless" games deserve better.

Let's close out the season in style against St Mirren on Sunday.  Put on a show for the supporters who have followed the team up and down the country this season.   Get the momentum on our side for a huge game in a few weeks time.  

Agreed.If the fans downed tools after an early league win, it would be hit the club financially...so its not acceptable. The club would have been well in saying after the Dumbarton game, no need to come back until next year.

This form just tells us that this squad struggle to keep up performances until the end of the season and their attitude.

Bar some glaring misses by the tims we could be viewing last night entirely differently.

This is exactly what i was saying in previous post, anyone who thinks it ok obviously hasnt sat fuckin freezing at livi last night, at easter road last week, shot down in flames at raith, baffled at throwing away a 2 goal lead at falkirk. Money i fell i have literally pissed down the drain as our team haven't bothered turning up. It shows a piss poor attitude and as OP said a slap in the face to fans who have travelled hours and paid their hard earned to watch it. The success this season has been absolutely amazing and probably above and beyond what we were all expecting but the manner of how we have crossed the finishing line in the league has been nowhere near good enough and well below the standards we had set throughout the season

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Every team has peaks and troughs over the course of a season.  We've peaked at the right time, and troughed at the right time.  I'm sure the players would like to go out there and win every game but that's unrealistic.  We as a support can afford to give them a little slack because they've turned up when it matters and I'm sure they will again for the Cup final.  This team was put together quickly and has exceeded all expectations.  Let's win the Scottish Cup and look forward to an exciting summer of transfer action.  Don't get to downbeat over a few bad results at the arse end of an already successful league campaign. 

Sure we can afford to give a little slack, but I seriously doubt MW, far less the fans are ok with this run of form. Losing can turn into a bad habit and confidence lost, so let's hope we have the mental toughness to turn this around before the final. If not, it could be one roller coaster to disappointment, as I for one will be totally gutted if we lose. 

I think it's because we have such a small squad. The team almost picks itself. I'm not saying the boys aren't trying but, with the final on the horizon, nobody's going to want to get hurt. So the lack of competition means they probably won't be going into win 50-50s, chase lost causes etc (like we did against them) in case they end up injured on what many see as mean less games. Having said that, the guys turning up on Tuesday nights and travelling from north or across the water deserve 100% from the team 

Doesn't matter? We are Rangers FFS. The day we stop demanding the highest of standards and being not disappointed with performances like that we become a no mark club. That at Rangers will never be accepted and if it is that's not the Rangers I grew up with.

Yes it matters. There's a malaise about our general play, poor defending and we have been poor in the final third.

Some may try to justify it but it's there. 

MW has talked about learning and addressing issues, but the players aren't doing enough. Not nearly enough. And this 3 week wait is a whole new experience for him too.

Some may argue that Hivees could be knackered going into the final but imo our lack of matches could become a leveller.

At the end of the day it's all talk until cup final day but I would have been far happier if we signed off now as a form team. We're the opposite.Their win against us, match sharpness, current form, and the lift they could get from going up are all important factors.

Yes we can still win the final but there's no way it's a formality. There's just no guarantee our form will return for a one off game in 3 weeks time.