Those who think tonight and last Wednesday "don't matter"...

DerKlos

every game matters. we might have already won the league + petrofac and still have a final to go but we should still be going out there and beating these teams. we've been shown up by the likes of peterhead, alloa, and livingston. it's a joke. 

Warburton needs to bring in some top quality players because if we go up the premiership and play like we have the last month we'll be fighting to stay up never mind challenging for the title.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Not everyone can aprreciate the grand scheme of things. That is just dismissive. You try telling an 8 year old fan crying at the game because we got beat from Livi that there is a bigger picture.....

Well yeah, of course it is. That's sort of my whole bit.

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

leagues won means nothing now in fact there a inconvenience if am being honest. All that matters is the cup final and the gaffer has said well be more than ready for it so am not worried tbh.

What a shite attitude that is.

See if it means nothing then don't sell tickets to watch it then, reimburse the fans who travelled if the team are not going to even put any effort in.

Anyone who say's a Rangers game "doesn't matter" is deluded.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Nah it still doesn't matter. Not in the grand scheme.

What is the grand scheme then?

I would of thought a professional football team playing in a string of competitive matches the grand scheme would be to win these games.

Obviously you are privy to other things.

10 minutes ago, jim beam said:

What is the grand scheme then?

I would of thought a professional football team playing in a string of competitive matches the grand scheme would be to win these games.

Obviously you are privy to other things.

Dropping points in a league we've already won? Forgive me if I don't think it's a huge problem. The bigger picture is the cup final and identifying what we need to do in the summer. That's not rocket science.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Dropping points in a league we've already won? Forgive me if I don't think it's a huge problem. The bigger picture is the cup final and identifying what we need to do in the summer. That's not rocket science.

Doesn't matter if the league is won or not how far some fans have fallen when second best in a competitive game is deemed ok.

Winning all our remaining matches boosts confidence going into the cup final for the fans and players and also puts doubts into the opposition team and fans rather than the other way about.

And we all know what needs done in the summer regarding players being brought in that is not the only issue in the grand scheme.

Having a winning mentality no matter who we play against especially after these clubs and their fans where happy to stick it to us for the past four years.The players the club and the fans should never except second best on the playing field ever.That's not rocket science.

These matches are our warm-up to the Cup final. We are on a poor run of form and confidence is now much lower than it was after the Celtic game, it is going to be hard to shake off the malaise when we only have one competitive game then a 3 week lay off until the cup final.

The Celtic game felt like the final. I have a really bad feeling that Hibs are going to beat us and take the shine off a wonderful season because the boys have mentally switched off.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah .It just looks to me ,they want the glory of the Cup final but fuck these "meaningless games "

For me it's bad professionalism and I'm certain MB agrees although he wont say it in interviews

Think it was clear in MW's demeanour after lastnight's debacle that he's not a happy bunny nor should he be.

Think I'll go into work later and just sit on my arse,I'm sure my boss will be happy enough with that attitude........NOT.

7 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

These matches are our warm-up to the Cup final. We are on a poor run of form and confidence is now much lower than it was after the Celtic game, it is going to be hard to shake off the malaise when we only have one competitive game then a 3 week lay off until the cup final.

The Celtic game felt like the final. I have a really bad feeling that Hibs are going to beat us and take the shine off a wonderful season because the boys have mentally switched off.

It's natural to think that .We all were unsure about the beggars game .Now we won it ,feels like the trophy is in the bag for some .Big mistake .I hope I don't feel like I did in 94 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It's natural to think that .We all were unsure about the beggars game .Now we won it ,feels like the trophy is in the bag for some .Big mistake .I hope I don't feel like I did in 94 

Couldn't agree more. I would have thought MW would have ensured focus,  but it looks like the players think their work is done and are thinking of holidays.

I thought people saying last week that the Hibs game was meaningless were wrong.  That must have given them a boost and our poor run might not be so easy to break out of come the final.  I still think we should have enough to win it but I'm not exactly super confident.

I remember people on here going crazy at losing to Derby in a friendly but now there's some that think losing league games and playing poorly doesn't matter.

An after effect from last years garbage that many have lowered their standards.

Let's be realistic. It's not that our players have switched off; it's that other teams have worked out how to beat us. Park the bus and rely on a set piece, preferably a corner, or a breakaway and hope for an error from our central defence - a normal occurance. I honestly believe we will now struggle in the cup final as Hibs have already shown that they know how to beat us.

9 hours ago, ex-guardsman said:

How any fan thinks it's acceptable to lose or just go through the gears is fucking beyond me.

Do you think the fans who go home and away and don't miss a game were going ah fuck it tonight who cares I'm only here for a pie n bovril!

Players will not give 100% with a final coming up, Harry just reinforces that to our current team, 

Ant 50 50 , like last night, the opposition will get to it first.

When your up against a  team playing their own version of a cup final you will struggle when there is nothing up for grabs 

40 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Doesn't matter if the league is won or not how far some fans have fallen when second best in a competitive game is deemed ok.

Winning all our remaining matches boosts confidence going into the cup final for the fans and players and also puts doubts into the opposition team and fans rather than the other way about.

And we all know what needs done in the summer regarding players being brought in that is not the only issue in the grand scheme.

Having a winning mentality no matter who we play against especially after these clubs and their fans where happy to stick it to us for the past four years.The players the club and the fans should never except second best on the playing field ever.That's not rocket science.

No one said it was okay. I said it didn't matter.

Of course we should aim to win every game. But forgive me if I don't shed a tear when we lose a game that nothing rides on.

10 hours ago, KingKirk said:

leagues won means nothing now in fact there a inconvenience if am being honest. All that matters is the cup final and the gaffer has said well be more than ready for it so am not worried tbh.

Inconvenience for the folk that freezed there baws off travelled for hours and cost 20 pounds 

15 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Let's be realistic. It's not that our players have switched off; it's that other teams have worked out how to beat us. Park the bus and rely on a set piece, preferably a corner, or a breakaway and hope for an error from our central defence - a normal occurance. I honestly believe we will now struggle in the cup final as Hibs have already shown that they know how to beat us.

They worked that out after about 5 weeks off the regular season, it didn't stop us strolling this league. 

The players have switched off plain and simple, let's hope they can switch it back on for the 21st of May or beating the scum was pointless. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They worked that out after about 5 weeks off the regular season, it didn't stop us strolling this league. 

The players have switched off plain and simple, let's hope they can switch it back on for the 21st of May or beating the scum was pointless. 

Beating the mhanky mhob is never pointless. At the start of the season we were looking for automatic promotion and a decent cup run. Well we have had both so are we satisfied? Are we fuck. We, the supporters, want to win this final but it is beginning to look as is the players don't give a damn. We have seen this before which is why I am concerned, more so because of the last Hibs result. Put it another way. If we were to play the mhanky mhob after winning 55, would a defeat "not matter" as the league is won? I think not.

Yeah I was pretty pissed off last night. Missed one game all season and yes there have been highs and lows but after beating cellic and winning the league I expected us to go out against Hibs, Alloa and Livi and show exactly why were champions and just played the apparent champions of Scotland off the park. It didn't happen and I think it's a really poor showing from the players. 

I have never criticised them this season up until now. But after last night they fully deserve it. 

MW always says the support will never be taken for granted and you could see exactly what he thought of that showing in his interview after the game. So it's good to see he cares at this stage of the season. I'm sure his thinking is we now have one competitive game left so these past three were about building confidence going into the cup final.

17 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Beating the mhanky mhob is never pointless. At the start of the season we were looking for automatic promotion and a decent cup run. Well we have had both so are we satisfied? Are we fuck. We, the supporters, want to win this final but it is beginning to look as is the players don't give a damn. We have seen this before which is why I am concerned, more so because of the last Hibs result. Put it another way. If we were to play the mhanky mhob after winning 55, would a defeat "not matter" as the league is won? I think not.

Never said it didn't matter, I said it was pointless if you don't go on to win the final. 

I have serious concerns for the final, but Warburton always seems to pull it out when it matters so hopefully he can get them switched on come the 21st. 

Definitely starting to get concerning. Unfortunately with a small squad most players know they are in the final regardless. I could probably pick the team right now as MW isn't going to change it barring injury or Waghorn coming back.

As soon as players get comfortable they coast - and thats what we are seeing.