Those who think tonight and last Wednesday "don't matter"...

DerKlos

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

At the end of the day you're paying to see a football game, not a guaranteed win. And teams lose football games. I've been there like many Bears all through the divisions with shite football and boycotts on freezing Tuesdays in January etc. And even I'm saying that these league games don't mean that much the league is won and we've got a big CF coming up so I'd rather our players took it easy than them get injured pushing for a meaningless win.

You're paying to see professionals act like professionals and give 100% every time they pull on a Rangers jersey.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Loyal-Bear said:

How far do you want to go back? You are doing so to suit you argument. Just blank out this season and concentrate on last 3 games cause thats all that matters eh! 

Yes. The last three games are current form and that is what matters. Hibs are going another run of good results and if our form does not concern you then fair enough. We are all entitled to call it as we see it.

9 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Yes. The last three games are current form and that is what matters. Hibs are going another run of good results and if our form does not concern you then fair enough. We are all entitled to call it as we see it.

Sadly or worryingly some seem to think you can go on a run of poor performances and results and suddenly by magic turn it on in a final.

I presume those people have never played football at any level because you can’t just flick a switch and start playing like you had done months previously.

We have been terrible since the OF game and we have been getting beat or dropping points to teams that are the worst in this division. If the players have ‘switched off’ then we are in serious trouble come cup final day.

But aye everythings fine and we are “pyoor gonna smash Hivs cause we ir ra Rangers!”

Engage the brain people ffs.

4 hours ago, jim beam said:

Doesn't matter if the league is won or not how far some fans have fallen when second best in a competitive game is deemed ok.

Winning all our remaining matches boosts confidence going into the cup final for the fans and players and also puts doubts into the opposition team and fans rather than the other way about.

And we all know what needs done in the summer regarding players being brought in that is not the only issue in the grand scheme.

Having a winning mentality no matter who we play against especially after these clubs and their fans where happy to stick it to us for the past four years.The players the club and the fans should never except second best on the playing field ever.That's not rocket science.

(tu)

Top post mate, and I am sure that W&W are as concerned as we are at the second rate performances of the last three games.

You are right, it is just not good enough from a Rangers point of view to lose ground so easily and frequently, ending up with the second prize.

:uk:

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Sadly or worryingly some seem to think you can go on a run of poor performances and results and suddenly by magic turn it on in a final.

I presume those people have never played football at any level because you can’t just flick a switch and start playing like you had done months previously.

We have been terrible since the OF game and we have been getting beat or dropping points to teams that are the worst in this division. If the players have ‘switched off’ then we are in serious trouble come cup final day.

But aye everythings fine and we are “pyoor gonna smash Hivs cause we ir ra Rangers!”

Engage the brain people ffs.

Been saying just as much myself last week or so .Good passionate,sensible  posting from you as usual .If it's one thing we should have learned last few years .Look across at the east end of Glasgow and see where their arrogance has got them.If that's not the perfect example ,then I don't know what is .

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And to a man probably on here .It's not Hivs we are frightened of .It's ourselves as we are clearly capable when it suits them .

That's the problem you can't just turn it on again when it suits ... there was a caller on that Clyderock open line last night who also mentioned the 94 cup final when we were going for a treble and yet threw it all away when dundee utd beat us because we had put the tools away too early 

MOH, King and Ball definitely out of CF. Harry probably out too. Waggy possibly out, or at least not match fit. Given those circumstances our players could pick the CF team right now ( no doubt Stubbs could too). Would it really be acceptable for a Tav, or a Barry , or a Kiernan to get injured in a game that doesn't improve our situation in the league and risk missing, arguably,  the only game of any import that we have left. What kind of advantage does that hand Hivs? Would that be professional? Our squad is so lean that we couldn't fill the bench against the beasts,  Burt has been making appearances and Zelalem continues to play despite being an empty shirt. But hey we should still be going hell for leather in games that have no effect on our season. What an uproar there would be if Tav, MacKay or Waldo got injured in a 50/50 that ruled them out of the CF.

MW himself stated that he was unhappy with the performances but he also stated he was sure we would be ready for the CF. I believe him. Neither he nor the team have let us down when it counted this season.

We, as fans, follow, follow because we love the club. Winning helps, of course it does, but we support win, lose or draw. Our away support is phenomenal , it's value to the game in Scotland has been amply demonstrated these past 4 years, but a touch of realism isn't an insult to it. Yes ,we've supported in dire situations but if losing to Livi's hammer throwers (Oduwa anyone) ensures a fully fit team in the CF then in that instance I'll suffer it. We don't at this time have the resources to risk otherwise, the reward of European football at the conclusion of a successful CF is what I'd prefer to focus on, not bragging rights over relegation threatened Livi.

6 hours ago, Smile said:

Our away record must be quite poor now against very average sides. All games matter at Rangers and im sure Warburtons telling the players this, the motivation to win just doesn't seem there now .

Read somewhere 9 wins from 17 away in the league.

Poor in any league never mind the 2nd tier.

31 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Read somewhere 9 wins from 17 away in the league.

Poor in any league never mind the 2nd tier.

Its piss poor especially at this shitty level and the management team don't seem to be able to get them out of this slump.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Alas, winning the final is now unlikely to be simple.

They rarely are, but it's pointless comparing a cup final with the chance of Europe next year to the last few league games after the league was won weeks ago.

If the final was a week after the last league game then Yes it would be alarming, but the 3 week break is ideal for us to reflect and knuckle down for one last push.

2 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

They rarely are, but it's pointless comparing a cup final with the chance of Europe next year to the last few league games after the league was won weeks ago.

If the final was a week after the last league game then Yes it would be alarming, but the 3 week break is ideal for us to reflect and knuckle down for one last push.

Nailed it.

For me the results haven't been as important as the performances.getting beat at Livingston is part and parcel of being a fan, you can't win them all, but you can expect the team to give everything for that win to happen. 

I haven't seen that in the last few games. It's s good job we could talk about lifting the league trophy after Alloa game cause it was brutal to watch and best not looked back over.

Either the players aren't getting it as tight from MW as they were, or they just aren't listening. Either scenraio isnt good enough.

Well within our rights to question it, we deserve the maximum of effort every single week..If that doesn't bring a result I can accept that.

The players have earned some slack for a defeat here and there, but they know fine that it's not good enough to coast, hopefully they are reminded before the final.

It's a bit of a fine line the team are treading. On one hand, you don't want to risk injury or even a slight muscle pull that would put you out of the final during a relatively meaningless game. On the other hand, finding your form at this level isn't like turning on a tap - it takes a few games to hit peak form individually and as a team. 

I'm hoping the friendly during the break will tighten the players up again. 

17 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

For me the results haven't been as important as the performances.getting beat at Livingston is part and parcel of being a fan, you can't win them all, but you can expect the team to give everything for that win to happen. 

I haven't seen that in the last few games. It's s good job we could talk about lifting the league trophy after Alloa game cause it was brutal to watch and best not looked back over.

Either the players aren't getting it as tight from MW as they were, or they just aren't listening. Either scenraio isnt good enough.

Well within our rights to question it, we deserve the maximum of effort every single week..If that doesn't bring a result I can accept that.

The players have earned some slack for a defeat here and there, but they know fine that it's not good enough to coast, hopefully they are reminded before the final.

I wonder about easter road as well ... as a player how would you feel about 10 months hard effort not being acknowledged by your fellow pro's? Even if I wasn't a bear I would still want to rub their noses in it for that and yet the team didn't seem to bother ... don't ever underestimate the importance of the killer instinct in being a winner 

On 26/04/2016 at 4:06 PM, reallyruff said:

MOH, King and Ball definitely out of CF. Harry probably out too. Waggy possibly out, or at least not match fit. Given those circumstances our players could pick the CF team right now ( no doubt Stubbs could too). Would it really be acceptable for a Tav, or a Barry , or a Kiernan to get injured in a game that doesn't improve our situation in the league and risk missing, arguably,  the only game of any import that we have left. What kind of advantage does that hand Hivs? Would that be professional? Our squad is so lean that we couldn't fill the bench against the beasts,  Burt has been making appearances and Zelalem continues to play despite being an empty shirt. But hey we should still be going hell for leather in games that have no effect on our season. What an uproar there would be if Tav, MacKay or Waldo got injured in a 50/50 that ruled them out of the CF.

MW himself stated that he was unhappy with the performances but he also stated he was sure we would be ready for the CF. I believe him. Neither he nor the team have let us down when it counted this season.

We, as fans, follow, follow because we love the club. Winning helps, of course it does, but we support win, lose or draw. Our away support is phenomenal , it's value to the game in Scotland has been amply demonstrated these past 4 years, but a touch of realism isn't an insult to it. Yes ,we've supported in dire situations but if losing to Livi's hammer throwers (Oduwa anyone) ensures a fully fit team in the CF then in that instance I'll suffer it. We don't at this time have the resources to risk otherwise, the reward of European football at the conclusion of a successful CF is what I'd prefer to focus on, not bragging rights over relegation threatened Livi.

The most sensible post in the thread.