Bring It On

Virtuoso

Bring It On

Written by: 1972

Wednesday, 27th April 2016

While the aftermath of the League win, and cup semi-final win have not gone as planned, they have served a purpose to indicate weaknesses in our team. What we need to understand is that these weaknesses are not new, and that it was not possible to create a perfect team in one season.

It’s worth bearing in mind that Peter Houston at Falkirk has been there a year longer, as has Alan Stubbs with both managers appointed in 2014.

Rangers, let’s not forget, were at rock bottom prior to Warburton’s arrival, and during the McCoist and McDowall tenures Rangers were light years behind where we are now. Stuart McCall struggled too, albeit he gave us a glimmer of hope before McCoist’s team let him down.

I’ve always been immensely proud of the high standards we set as a support, and believe that it is these standards which define the club, and drive our teams to the successes we are all used to, however, we have to be careful not to judge too harshly the team that Warburton and Weir are building.

Mark Warburton’s interview after last night’s defeat spoke of weaknesses on display last night, which essentially amount to not always being able to break down stubborn defences despite holding the vast majority of play. In years gone by, when form dipped, particularly under McCoist, there was very little confidence that he could even pinpoint the issues, or accept any blame, never mind address the issues. With Warburton, he is accepting blame, and he is pointing out what is wrong. It stands to reason then that he is better placed to address it.

I have no doubt whatsoever, that Rangers are capable of bouncing back from these setbacks, and winning the Scottish cup at Hampden to signal our dramatic return to the top echelons of Scottish football.

The prospect of winning the Scottish cup after 4 years of pain, and 4 years of attacks from people who should have been supporting us is mouthwatering, and I for one, cannot wait.

There can be no greater motivation for Rangers than to win Scotland’s oldest trophy with the not too shabby bonus of a return to European football next year lying in wait.

While the support are itching to get down to business in the Premiership next season, that can wait, as we have a day ahead we should all enjoy.

We do know that our return to the Premiership, and our defeat of Celtic has triggered their managerial change, and also some panic of Rangers haters at other clubs, whose public wishes to “put us in our place” will look foolish in years to come.

That’s for the future, and I for one hope that Mark Warburton will be the man guiding us through that time in our history, as we re-establish ourselves at the summit of Scottish football

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=102&a=bring-it-on

Good read. It annoys me to say it, but I think the emotion of the semi final has knocked the players back a little, however, for every big game we have played this season the team have stepped up in spectacular fashion. St Johnstone aside of course. I have confidence we will beat Hibs on the 21st.

I think the criticism the team have been getting on the past 3 results is perfectly merited but I like the tone of the article too - compare that to some of the other groups and pages you see on Facebook where you have some wee spotty teenager or student putting up pictures of us lifting the trophy and saying eat that or if you can't get behind the team gtf for about a million likes.

I like a nice balanced view taking everything into account - like that.

But we really do need to fuck-up our ideas or there's a real chance we will get beat in that final. Honestly can't stress that enough.

What an opportunity to beat hivs in the final. Never have we had such a good chance of winning, but this bad form after the semi, although a little worrying, I'm fairly confident by the time of the game we will be ready to pick up the third piece of silverware this season.

European football is such a bonus as well, so go for it Rangers.

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

:lol:

Ironic that after we beat Celtic we never heard a peep out of you yet when we've had 3 shite results in the week after your back on here, mixing it like you've never been away. Noticed that quite a lot like at the start of the season when we were demolishing teams every week you were nowhere to be seen but pop back on when you think you can get the snideys in at people when it's their time to criticise. Why's that?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ironic that after we beat Celtic we never heard a peep out of you yet when we've had 3 shite results in the week after your back on here, mixing it like you've never been away. Noticed that quite a lot like at the start of the season when we were demolishing teams every week you were nowhere to be seen but pop back on when you think you can get the snideys in at people when it's their time to criticise. Why's that?

Someone loves Albear :wub:

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why lie? I was on here.

Not like you to not have a 'nice balanced view'. :lol:

1 minute ago, AlBear85 said:

Why lie? I was on here.

Not like you to not have a 'nice balanced view'. :lol:

You were on but not doing the usual mixing. It's a pattern. I've seen it all season with you. When everything's going ok you can't moan at other people for moaning so your quiet.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You were on but not doing the usual mixing. It's a pattern. I've seen it all season with you. When everything's going ok you can't moan at other people for moaning so your quiet.

Usual mixing? What is that? 

People rarely negatively overreact when we're doing well, so not surprising I can't take them to task then. I'm rarely quiet when I'm on here though.

In general I post a lot less on here now, I'm sorry for that. It quite clearly has affected you. You're a valued and important part of my life. I'll endeavour to engage with you on here more often from now on. :D

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Usual mixing? What is that? 

People rarely negatively overreact when we're doing well, so not surprising I can't take them to task then. I'm rarely quiet when I'm on here though.

In general I post a lot less on here now, I'm sorry for that. It quite clearly has affected you. You're a valued and important part of my life. I'll endeavour to engage with you on here more often from now on. :D

No it's cool mate, just keep your vow of posting a lot less now and it's a good'un.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No it's cool mate, just keep your vow of posting a lot less now and it's a good'un.

God, you're like a wummin. Make up your mind.

In future let me know what my opinions should be to suit you. 

1 hour ago, Hoody said:

Good piece.

Read some no mark Aberdeen player saying they'll put us in our place, you would think that they hadn't bottled it at every opportunity they had to put pressure on C*ltic, the shite bags.

So that'll be top of the league then! :thumbup:

Where we are now compared to this time last year is , quite simply , incredible. I think MW is well aware that we need that wee bit extra of class and creativity to breakdown defenses in a higher division , and I'm sure that's something he'll address in the close season.

As for the here and now , though , we have a cup to win . Not many of us expected to be in the final a few short months ago , and if we're honest , losing it would be a disappointment no matter how successful this season has been . It's for us to lose , our biggest threat is ourselves , so it's imperative MW ensures the right attitude into the players for a successful day .

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think the criticism the team have been getting on the past 3 results is perfectly merited but I like the tone of the article too - compare that to some of the other groups and pages you see on Facebook where you have some wee spotty teenager or student putting up pictures of us lifting the trophy and saying eat that or if you can't get behind the team gtf for about a million likes.

I like a nice balanced view taking everything into account - like that.

But we really do need to fuck-up our ideas or there's a real chance we will get beat in that final. Honestly can't stress that enough.

There's always a real chance of being beaten before any game but the chances of winning it are no different than they were when we won the semi.  Ask the bookies what they think the chances of Rangers being beaten are.  Their livelihood depends on getting that right.

Rangers 4/9

Hibs 28/13

32 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There's always a real chance of being beaten before any game but the chances of winning it are no different than they were when we won the semi.  Ask the bookies what they think the chances of Rangers being beaten are.  Their livelihood depends on getting that right.

Rangers 4/9

Hibs 28/13

If they finish 3rd, those odds will get changed too.  If they make the final they play a playoff game 2 days before the final with us.

23 minutes ago, kanjo said:

If they finish 3rd, those odds will get changed too.  If they make the final they play a playoff game 2 days before the final with us.

Well regarding odds if I were the bookies I would make Falkirk favourites to finish second since they only have a home match against Morton to clinch second in which Falkirk have so much to play for and Morton have nothing to play for.  And aside from that Falkirk have earned their league position and wont want to blow it at the final hurdle.

Everything is in our favour including being the better team.  Another bet I would make is that if you told their fans that you have to bet on this match and your life depends on getting it right how many do you think would bet on their own team?